LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    FSU is in the playoff even if they lose to GT, unless they get blown out
    No FSU is out with a loss. They are the one team that HAS to go undefeated to get in because they had by far the easiest schedule among the top contenders.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It will be a shit fest next weekend if Alabama, Ohio St, Oregon and FSU lose their championship games.

What happens if all 4 lose?

Do we cancel the playoffs?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

FWIW

Pat Forde has his Final Four and the match ups

1Ala v 4Baylor

2Oregon v 3Fl St

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    FWIW

Pat Forde has his Final Four and the match ups

1Ala v 4Baylor

2Oregon v 3Fl St
    If Alabama, Oregon and FSU all win their championships, it may be hard for Baylor to leapfrog TCU.

Sam Odom

Forde's logic is heads-up

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Forde's logic is heads-up
    Not on this, TCU was two spots above Baylor last week and they only stengthened their position for when the new rankings come out Tuesday by blowing out Texas while Baylor barely got by Texas Tech.

Sam Odom

just telling you what he said... Forde made a vid

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with LT, and OSU will eventually pass TCU if they take care of Wisconsin. count on it. FSU is in even if they lose to GT, they will only fall from 3 to 4 seed. Unless they get blown out somehow

LT Profits

agree with LT, and OSU will eventually pass TCU if they take care of Wisconsin. count on it. FSU is in even if they lose to GT, they will only fall from 3 to 4 seed. Unless they get blown out somehow
    Ohio State won't get in, if FSU loses, there will probably be two Big 12 teams with TCU and Baylor both getting in. Injury to Barrett sealed Buckeyes fate. And for the umpteenth time, FSU is out with a loss, no way they fall just one spot after all the close calls they had vs. crap teams. The current four favorites on the futures are the REAL best four teams, so an FSU loss would line the playoffs up with Vegas.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dfish, and swag1982

STAX

u got it all wrong... no way 2 big 12 teams without a conference title game will get in over a 1 loss FSU, thats crazy talk. FSU is in unless they get blown out or if they lose and Winston gets hurt

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

People bash FSU's schedule but baylors is shit too. Arguably worse

these guys really like Minnesota and Wisconsin beat them. Could see Wisconsin like 7th this week

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

these guys really like Minnesota and Wisconsin beat them. Could see Wisconsin like 7th this week
    i expect 8th or 9th for them, but yeah, when OSU beats them that will just be more credentials

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Obviously we need a 4 vs. 5 play in game.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Baylor has not played a decent team in Non-Conference schedule since TCU was in mountain west in 2011.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I know LT already said it several times but let me say it again for some of you slow folk.

FSU WILL NOT PLAY IN THE PLAYOFF FINAL FOUR IF THEY LOSE TO GEORGIA TECH.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

u got it all wrong... no way 2 big 12 teams without a conference title game will get in over a 1 loss FSU, thats crazy talk. FSU is in unless they get blown out or if they lose and Winston gets hurt
    It would make more sense to allow GT in if they beat fsu cause they would be the acc champs
    but that ain't happening if fsu loses it's bye bye acc. If this tourney doesn't go to 8 teams I think it will have a positive effect on scheduling no fn week 10-11 fcs match ups for the sec. The big 12 will have a champion ship . Just all around tougher scheduling if ur gonna play mid majors at least play the tougher schools. And did I mention no more fcs unless it's say there tourneys winner or runner up or something

LT Profits

You could keep repeating that as often as you wish, it does not make you right. There is a REASON FSU is the fifth choice on the futures, and besides they are not really one of the four best teams right now anyway so a loss definitely knocks them out.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by swag1982 View Post
    It would make more sense to allow GT in if they beat fsu cause they would be the acc champs
    but that ain't happening if fsu loses it's bye bye acc. If this tourney doesn't go to 8 teams I think it will have a positive effect on scheduling no fn week 10-11 fcs match ups for the sec. The big 12 will have a champion ship . Just all around tougher scheduling if ur gonna play mid majors at least play the tougher schools. And did I mention no more fcs unless it's say there tourneys winner or runner up or something
    And is SHOULD be bye bye ACC because they are the weakest major conference. It seems you are getting too hung up on conference championships, that is actually irrelevant because of the loose wording of what the committee's job is, which is to take the four "best" teams. There really is no set criteria, they could take four teams from one conference if they wanted too. So again, the entire ACC is out with an FSU loss and two Big 12 teams get in despite that conference not having a championship game. They won't move Ohio State up no matter what because they won't let a team down to its third quarterback in.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

If Baylor gets in over Ohio State, the message they send is don't play anyone. At least FSU tried to schedule decent Ooc teams. Baylor did not.

also remains to be seen if an injury keeps a team out. I don't think it will

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

If Ohio State wins and you advocate Baylor getting in ahead of them, you lose the right to ever bitch about a team playing a cupcake ever again.

Northwestern State
    Buffalo
    SMU
    That's who they played OOC with no conference title game and THREE bye weeks.

If some crazy things happen like two of Oregon, Alabama, FSU lose and Wisconsin wins, I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin gets in.

I do think if FSU loses they are out.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Auburn is such a hard team to prepare for because you know exactly what you are going to get, yet they are flawless at faking and showing false keys, and Malzone/OC are perfect at knowing where the hole in the defense is, and they are always one move ahead adjustment-wise. Saban had a simple game-plan: Auburn isn't going to run the ball on us, period. Saban didnt care what transpired throughout the game, he wasn't going to let Auburn run the ball. He knew to stop Auburn's run he was going to have to open up to the pass, and Auburn was quick to take advantage. Marshall just played the game of his life throwing-wise and it still wasn't enough. Bama won't look that bad against the pass ever again, they knew they were vulnerable to it coming in.
    Coates and Williams are beast receivers. Nothing more you can say....yes the secondary allowed them to get over top of safeties when they shouldn't have which allowed single coverage but even then...difference between strong physical go take it away from the DB in the air receivers and an Amari Cooper for Bama who runs flawless routes and beats the defender head to head. Oregon doesn't have the Auburn the receivers they are built more on scheme and Mariotta making plays happen....think Bama could shorten the game with their own running game and lets face it...Bama's D line vs the Ducks O line...huge edge for Bama plus depth.

LT Profits

If Ohio State wins and you advocate Baylor getting in ahead of them, you lose the right to ever bitch about a team playing a cupcake ever again.

Northwestern State
    Buffalo
    SMU
    That's who they played OOC with no conference title game and THREE bye weeks.

If some crazy things happen like two of Oregon, Alabama, FSU lose and Wisconsin wins, I wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin gets in.

I do think if FSU loses they are out.
    Ohio State is a bit of a unique case because they are getting penalized for losing their quarterback. I agree that Ohio State with Barrett would be ranked ahead of Baylor if Buckeyes take care of Wisconsin. Although it would still be moot if the top four teams in tomorrow's rankings all win (I am assuming TCU will be #4). But if FSU loses, who else is a possibility really besides Baylor? I am not saying they are one of the four best teams in the country, but based on the latest playoff standings and on the current future odds, I am not sure who could surpass them once you eliminate Ohio State.

And again everything I am saying assumes a Baylor win this week.

LT Profits

FYI, the sixth and seventh choices on the futures are Ohio State and Missouri. If Missouri beats Alabama, things could be fun.

LT Profits

Let's all see what the Playoff Rankings look like Tuesday after the seemingly obvious Top 4.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Being penalized for losing their Qb in Vegas odds doesn't mean this committee will do the same thing. They've shown it's not like the old polls where when the #4 team loses the #5 team just slides right up. So as crazy as it sounds now, a team like Arizona, Wisconsin, or Missouri isn't completely out of it. Ya guess we'll know a little more come Tuesday.

Re: Odds, FSU is 4th or 5th depending on where you look. Close between them & Baylor though.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Ohio State is a bit of a unique case because they are getting penalized for losing their quarterback. I agree that Ohio State with Barrett would be ranked ahead of Baylor if Buckeyes take care of Wisconsin. Although it would still be moot if the top four teams in tomorrow's rankings all win (I am assuming TCU will be #4). But if FSU loses, who else is a possibility really besides Baylor? I am not saying they are one of the four best teams in the country, but based on the latest playoff standings and on the current future odds, I am not sure who could surpass them once you eliminate Ohio State.

And again everything I am saying assumes a Baylor win this week.
    I'm wondering what consideration the committee is giving Ohio St and Baylor due to the QB injury situations. Has to be on back of their minds if it comes down to it whether or not to place and almost certainly disadvantaged team in a particular spot going into the playoffs...Ohio St mores than Baylor I think since Bears backup got some playing time when Petty was injured earlier in the season.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the total is 87.5 I'm auto taking the under probably be a mid 30 game at best

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Being penalized for losing their Qb in Vegas odds doesn't mean this committee will do the same thing. They've shown it's not like the old polls where when the #4 team loses the #5 team just slides right up. So as crazy as it sounds now, a team like Arizona, Wisconsin, or Missouri isn't completely out of it. Ya guess we'll know a little more come Tuesday.

Re: Odds, FSU is 4th or 5th depending on where you look. Close between them & Baylor though.
    Supposedly the committee is going to take injuries into consideration, but since this is the inaugural year of all this hoopla who knows.

Ohio St should not be in the top 4 now that Barrett is out.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Ohio St should not be in the top 4 now that Barrett is out.
    Not sure that they were with Barrett in either though.

STAX

Didnt the ACC just dominate the SEC on Saturday? Some of you guys' reasoning is just way off on this thing. Ohio State is gonna get in if they beat Wisconsin, and FSU is in barring a blowout loss to GT or if they lose Winston to injury. Alabama might be in if they lose. No chance both TCU and Baylor get in over FSU, if they all have 1 loss, no chance in hell. In fact, I dont think either will get in over FSU.

LT Profits

Didnt the ACC just dominate the SEC on Saturday? Some of you guys' reasoning is just way off on this thing. Ohio State is gonna get in if they beat Wisconsin, and FSU is in barring a blowout loss to GT or if they lose Winston to injury. Alabama might be in if they lose. No chance both TCU and Baylor get in over FSU, if they all have 1 loss, no chance in hell. In fact, I dont think either will get in over FSU.
    Forget about one week, FSU's entire SOS is weaker than that of any of the top contenders. I am not giving an opinion, i am stating a fact there, just check any ratings site. So for that reason alone, other one-loss teams would be more worthy than one-loss Noles.

STAX

Forget about one week, FSU's entire SOS is weaker than that of any of the top contenders. I am not giving an opinion, i am stating a fact there, just check any ratings site. So for that reason alone, other one-loss teams would be more worthy than one-loss Noles.
    SOS isnt very strong for FSU, OSU, TCU, or Baylor so not sure that will even matter much... Itll be interesting to see how the teams are ranked in this week's CFB poll. I dont expect FSU to lose to GT, but Im telling you, barring a blowout or an injury to Winston, FSU is gonna be in regardless. Its gonna come down to TCU or Baylor vrs Ohio State for the last spot. I agree it will be a close vote if Ohio State wins, but ultimately OSU will have a conference title game victory against a top 10 team freshly on their resume'... that'll mean something, regardless of what QB is playing.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I just checked four rankings sites. One had FSU's SOS over Baylor & Ohio State, another had FSU's over TCU & Baylor, one had FSU's over Ohio State & Baylor and another had FSU's on par with Oregon's.

So I don't know where you're checking...maybe NoleHaters.com ...but FSU's schedule isn't THAT bad.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: STAX

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

FSU is undefeated and not even above two 1-loss teams. If they lose to GT, even by a point, they won't even finish in the top 10. Their schedule is more garbage than Ohio State. They have no chance in hell of getting in if they lose. Two Big 12 teams WILL get in over a 1-loss Ohio State team and 1-loss FSU team. Arizona may even leapfrog Ohio State if they beat Oregon...that's how slim Ohio State's chances are right now without Barrett.

STAX

If 2 Big 12 teams get in over EITHER a 1 loss FSU or a 1 loss OSU I'll retire from posting on this forum for life...

First 123 Last