Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    home field advantage is mainly the fans subconsciously influencing the refs. if it was the noise then there wouldnt be any home advantage in the spreads for teams with small crowds. fans may pump u up but that also leads to more pressure and mistakes from trying too hard.
    good post man.

I agree that teams like Tulane and Duke have ZERO home field advantage in football.

but yeah that makes sense that refs are subconciously influenced by fans b/c they dont want to be that bad guy/ get booed.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Silly me, initially thought this was played in Starkville, this wont get to 4, it will probably get to 3 though, sharps will be on Ole Miss.
    so does that change your opinion on who wins?

So that WR that got hurt for Ole Miss.... was he the only good WR /playmaker?

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    so does that change your opinion on who wins?

So that WR that got hurt for Ole Miss.... was he the only good WR /playmaker?
    No, engram is an all sec type tight end. Sanders is an above average receiver. Cody core started off real hot first few games but cooled off (may have injury)... The thing is Wallace had ultimate trust in treadway. Om can't run so they usually threw a quick screen or quick out to treadway on 3rd and 3. When you lose treadway you lose a lot of your offensive identity.. Wallace is gimpy. Best o lineman and projected first round nfl draft pick tunsil is banged up as well.. Miss st wins and their in the final four.. Gotta take miss st -2

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

His name is LaQuon Treadwell. Not Treadway. Ole Miss fan.

Magnolia Slim

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    His name is LaQuon Treadwell. Not Treadway. Ole Miss fan.
    Hello jimmy marquis, When I type in treadwell spell check changes it to treadway. Simple as that , thanks and find something more productive to do with ur life..
    Last edited by Magnolia Slim; 11-26-14 at 01:43 PM.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Slim View Post
    Hello jimmy marquis, When I type in treadwell spell check changes it to treadway. Simple as that , thanks and find something more productive to do with ur life..
    Lol...spellcheck sucks ballz.

Magnolia Slim

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    Lol...spellcheck sucks ballz.
    Yeah, I have to change it every single time. I'm on a fairly new iPad so you would think the memory would adjust..

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I hope so since miss state is overrated as fukk

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

would Ole Miss have beaten Bama without Treadwell?

they say Miss State defense is a bend but dont break defense....

easy to move the ball between the 20's but hard to punch it in for TD's

Magnolia Slim

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I hope so since miss state is overrated as fukk
    Seems the committee totally disagrees with you. As of now msu is in and if they beat om they are definitely in. Bol.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Seems the committee totally disagrees with you. As of now msu is in and if they beat om they are definitely in. Bol.
    where did u hear that? Miss state has only beaten 1 top 25 team and wont get the benifet of a conference championship game while Ohio State will get to play against a top 10 team for the B1G title.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

the biggest achievement miss state has had all year is a close loss to Bama which is misleading as Bama was in prevent defense and those were all garbage points they scored in the 2nd half

Magnolia Slim

would Ole Miss have beaten Bama without Treadwell?

they say Miss State defense is a bend but dont break defense....

easy to move the ball between the 20's but hard to punch it in for TD's
    Dunno. He had a bunch of key plays. Seemed to be more of a factor than amari cooper that game. I laugh when numbers guys say there is no such thing as momentum in sports. Bama made a bunch of silly turnovers and penaltys against om and arky. They have corrected a bunch of those things and they're a diff team now. Om is a diff team now. Miss st defense is good. The front seven and linebackers are solid. They have a future nfl linebacker, think his name is McKinney. The secondary is the weakest link but they got shitty numbers cause teams are having to throw on msu in the second half cause they're down. I think the secondary has gotten a good bit of turnovers and ints. Should be in the top four in league.

Magnolia Slim

where did u hear that? Miss state has only beaten 1 top 25 team and wont get the benifet of a conference championship game while Ohio State will get to play against a top 10 team for the B1G title.
    I saw Long in an interview yesterday. He said state was a solid 4 right now so if they beat om they're in.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

i think it will be 4 teams that are all conference winners since usually politics is heavily involved when you have ppl picking the teams instead of computers. all the conferences want a piece of the action and i doubt they would have agreed to something that would give the sec the majority of the money and exposure.

they said there is an emphasis on winning your conference so i think major conference winners with one loss jump miss st once they win, but maybe not.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

i think it will be 4 teams that are all conference winners since usually politics is heavily involved when you have ppl picking the teams instead of computers. all the conferences want a piece of the action and i doubt they would have agreed to something that would give the sec the majority of the money and exposure.

they said there is an emphasis on winning your conference so i think major conference winners with one loss jump miss st once they win, but maybe not.
    Youre right, maybe not, Bama won a title without winning the conference.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Youre right, maybe not, Bama won a title without winning the conference.
    with computers picking

jtoler

with computers picking
    Not sure it matters, I think they would put a non conference winning team in if they feel they belong, some question whether Bama should be number 1 and the way Ole Miss has fell off doesnt help. Seems the recipe always is you can lose just better not lose late.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Not sure it matters, I think they would put a non conference winning team in if they feel they belong, some question whether Bama should be number 1 and the way Ole Miss has fell off doesnt help. Seems the recipe always is you can lose just better not lose late.
    non major conference teams have the odds really stacked against them because their strength of schedule will always be weak and even if they wanted to schedule hard teams they might not be able to. i remember boise state having a hard time getting anyone good to play them. notre dame is really the one that ever has a shot. marshall is even behind a boise st team that lost to air force because the boise state schedule is given that much value over marshall's. imagine how much the major conference schedules are valued over the mountain west.

luvtogamble
    luvtogamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5459

whole game depends on bo wallace; will he be good bo or bad bo like last week. state will have chances for some turnovers from which ever bo shown up.

state cannot score over 21 on ole miss without some turnovers from ole miss.

flip a coin good bo or bad bo.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by luvtogamble View Post
    whole game depends on bo wallace; will he be good bo or bad bo like last week. state will have chances for some turnovers from which ever bo shown up.

state cannot score over 21 on ole miss without some turnovers from ole miss.

flip a coin good bo or bad bo.
    Why cant State score more than 21 without turnovers, Im pretty sure they can.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-27-14 at 04:38 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Yep watched the tape again, I was flipping back and forth mainly keeping up with the score is why I didnt remember State moving the ball, they did better than I thought they did, receivers are better than I thought they were still not sure if their defense is average or above average though.
    their front pretty good, secondary weak if ya ask me. bama let them stay in that gm by playing ultra conservative throughout, whether it cause kiffen a idiot or cause they had a agenda that involved trying to get 2 sec schools in the playoff (crazy, maybe, sure the hell felt that way to me tho). you went back and watched it more closely than me im sure so you tell me, what i saw when watching was bama having success on pretty much every deep shot they took down field either with a completion or a flag, they simply for whatever reason didnt take many shots.. i have no real interest in this gm betting wise cause i dont trust wallace at all but line makes total sense to me cause it feels like a coin flip, if wallace can hit them for a few big plays w/o making mistakes in between it will be very close as rebs d will keep them in it i believe..

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I saw Long in an interview yesterday. He said state was a solid 4 right now so if they beat om they're in.
    far from a certainty..winning the gm or being in with a win.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Miss St wins by a point. Late fg

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Screw the game line or total.Props are the way to go in rivalry games.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I think its silly to say they beat only 1 25 top team. Werent there teams that were top 25 when they lost to Miss State?

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I think its silly to say they beat only 1 25 top team. Werent there teams that were top 25 when they lost to Miss State?
    yes, A&M and LSU for sure, prob others

nutinicnthndl
    nutinicnthndl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

i also agree this is a trippy line. i dont care about rivalsries and so forth, just look at how they are performing lately. line should be state -8... thinking this could be a nice trap

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    yes, A&M and LSU for sure, prob others
    Exactly, what a stupid thing for him to say

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    so they beat teams that ppl used to think were good but now realize arent? how is that an accomplishment?

Magnolia Slim

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    far from a certainty..winning the gm or being in with a win.
    It's a if they beat om.. Write that down..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

First 12