Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Of the 3: OSU, Baylor & Miss St - Miss St is making a Statement

That they , Miss St , belong in the playoffs

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Mississippi State is already in, Sammy.

They don't have to do anything fancy, just win.

Sam Odom

Giant... havent you heard and read the cry for OSU ? Even from 'legit' sports writers

The Giant

It doesn't matter, Sammy.

Brock Landers has a better chance of turning professional gambler than the Ohio State Buckeyes do of making it to the playoffs without help.

The top four teams are etched in stone, unless an upset happens.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Brock Landers has a better chance of turning professional gambler than the Ohio State Buckeyes do of making it to the playoffs without help.

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    If and when they beat om they belong, they lost by 5 at Bama.. They deserve the spot if they win and i hate miss st. My problem is for the sec a lot of its predicated on when u lose.. That's bs, it's ok if u lose early but if u lose a game late in season u may be in trouble..
    Last edited by Magnolia Slim; 11-22-14 at 09:56 PM.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

well my wallet is crying for osu to make the playoffs. As long as they don't play fsu ; it will be an auto fade against them.Although missouri did lose to indiana.Don't know which fans are worse. Notre dameand Suckeyes in football or kentucky basketball fans.Although I don't think u.k. will lose this year.

The Giant

The question I want to know is, who is the #5 team?

You could make a solid argument for three different teams. TCU, Baylor, and Ohio State.

Someone in the top four is going to lose, I'm just not sure which one.

Sam Odom

Magnolia Slim , you're a SEC guy...

Sammy is waiting for Ala to lose to either AUB or Georgia - YOU know it is more than possible

So the question: How much would that shake-up the the playoffs ??

Magnolia Slim

Magnolia Slim , you're a SEC guy...

Sammy is waiting for Ala to lose to either AUB or Georgia - YOU know it is more than possible

So the question: How much would that shake-up the the playoffs ??
    Well Sammy, you don't have to worry bout aub beating Bama. Won't happen.. Ga is much more intruiging to me but with Gurley out its a lil less intriguing. Ga has talent on defense and Pruitt has them playing pretty solid. Ga defense is close to tops in the nation in causing turn overs but I just don't see them beating Bama. All Bama will have to do is concentrate on stopping the run and they will make Hutson beat them but it won't happen.. They rarely let Hutson throw. Bama will win next two I firmly believe but ga is the only team with a shot.. If u can get Bama +260 to win title jump on it.. There is value there..

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sammy what do you mean how much would it shake up the playoffs? They would drop out, other three move up a spot then either baylor or TCU comes in at 4... Not a huge shake up... My thing is there are rational and irrational fans. It seems FSU has more of the latter. If they really think FSU is a top 4 team and won't be beat by (insert whoever they play first game in the playoff) they're plain idiots... There is at least ten teams in the nation if not more that would be favored over them on a neutral field. Why do you think the committie keeps dropping them even when they win? Light fukking bulb, committee knows how terrible they are. Fsu has dropped two spots without losing, miss st dropped 3 spots losing a game lol... Wish fla was just a little better and beat their ass, which could possibly happen

Magnolia Slim

Quote Originally Posted by govolz View Post
    Sammy what do you mean how much would it shake up the playoffs? They would drop out, other three move up a spot then either baylor or TCU comes in at 4... Not a huge shake up... My thing is there are rational and irrational fans. It seems FSU has more of the latter. If they really think FSU is a top 4 team and won't be beat by (insert whoever they play first game in the playoff) they're plain idiots... There is at least ten teams in the nation if not more that would be favored over them on a neutral field. Why do you think the committie keeps dropping them even when they win? Light fukking bulb, committee knows how terrible they are. Fsu has dropped two spots without losing, miss st dropped 3 spots losing a game lol... Wish fla was just a little better and beat their ass, which could possibly happen
    Agree, fsu goes down to the wire every week against avg opponents. They have zero shot to win it all..

govolz

Slimmer the funny thing is they'll compare let's say an Unranked auburn team who loses two in a row to oh I don't know lets say Boston college... It's quite funny. And sad that they think that's a fair comparison. Also I just don't get it. Why does EVERY. Fsu Dan worship Winston. Hell even if half the stuff ain't true the other half makes him nothing but a thug. Two tennessee guys got suspend (possibly kicked off the team) for rape allegations... I don't give two shits if we're number one, sure it would suck to lose top players but is still say f them... Bunch of idiots... Don't want them on MY team! But strangely enough every single person that roots for Winston seriously would fight for his innocence over the innocence of a sibling... I just don't get it... Maybe they're weird done ther in Tallahassee... Iono

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who did Miss St beat this year that is good??

govolz

Get those pennies 3rd shift jj! Every post counts bud!!

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    After auburn falls from top 20 next week, nobody in the top 20.............

Magnolia Slim

Slimmer the funny thing is they'll compare let's say an Unranked auburn team who loses two in a row to oh I don't know lets say Boston college... It's quite funny. And sad that they think that's a fair comparison. Also I just don't get it. Why does EVERY. Fsu Dan worship Winston. Hell even if half the stuff ain't true the other half makes him nothing but a thug. Two tennessee guys got suspend (possibly kicked off the team) for rape allegations... I don't give two shits if we're number one, sure it would suck to lose top players but is still say f them... Bunch of idiots... Don't want them on MY team! But strangely enough every single person that roots for Winston seriously would fight for his innocence over the innocence of a sibling... I just don't get it... Maybe they're weird done ther in Tallahassee... Iono
    Well I think the committee has done a good job of recognizing that fsu is a fraud but I def think if they win out they deserve a #2 or #3. I know I'm kinda contradicting myself but they are the defending champs and there is something un natural about the defending champs being worse than 2 if they win out..

Magnolia Slim

Listen bro, it's basically common sense. The sec is heads and shoulders above everybody else.. That's a fact and if u only realized the contrition that league faces with players leaving early for the nfl you would have an even better understanding of the talent discrepancy the sec represents.. Who the FUKK has fsu faced? Some of u just don't get it. There is a reason the sec has won the last 7 out of 8 nat titles and if Malzahn would have continued have aggressive play calling against fsu the streak would still be n tack..

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    After auburn falls from top 20 next week, nobody in the top 20.............
    Auburn would be favored over at least 9 if not all teams on fla at schedule... So would lsu...What's your reply to that?

govolz

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Slim View Post
    Listen bro, it's basically common sense. The sec is heads and shoulders above everybody else.. That's a fact and if u only realized the contrition that league faces with players leaving early for the nfl you would have an even better understanding of the talent discrepancy the sec represents.. Who the FUKK has fsu faced? Some of u just don't get it. There is a reason the sec has won the last 7 out of 8 nat titles and if Malzahn would have continued have aggressive play calling against fsu the streak would still be n tack..
    Slimmer no reason to reply to him... It's some dude that they pay in pizza points to post one liners in threads to bump them... Just ignore

govolz

Well I think the committee has done a good job of recognizing that fsu is a fraud but I def think if they win out they deserve a #2 or #3. I know I'm kinda contradicting myself but they are the defending champs and there is something un natural about the defending champs being worse than 2 if they win out..
    I see what ur saying but it's not fair... If we're going by this year only no way anyone outside of fsu fans think they are a top 4 school... He'll prob not even top 10... Might as well put marshall in the playoffs right? What has fsu done that they havent

Magnolia Slim

Slimmer no reason to reply to him... It's some dude that they pay in pizza points to post one liners in threads to bump them... Just ignore
    I only reply to try and enlighten other posters..

govolz

I only reply to try and enlighten other posters..
    He's not a poster, he doesn't care about adding anything to the thread... Only about getting his post limit in for the night that they pay pennies for each one...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

they played vanderbilt.

sammy let me ask u a question....

have you watched even 5 minutes of Vanderbilt football this season?

if so u would not be making a thread blowing mississippi state...

vanderbilt is trash.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LSU
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Texas A&M

all 4 of those are decent competition. Not elite teams by any stretch of the imagination but decent quality opponents.

have they beat a top caliber team? no but they played Alabama pretty tough which gives them a little credibility.

are they one of the 4 best teams in the country??

simple answer is fukk no.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16950

the sec looks pretty vulnerable to me this year. it would be insane not to have an undefeated fsu team in the playoffs. the whole point of a playoff is to make sure that teams that win the perceived easier conferences arent actually better. if you are just gonna put 3 sec teams in the playoff then thats no better than just voting for a champ really since the sec already has a winner. it would be pretty funny if missouri won the sec and didnt even get into the playoffs though.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

life, death, taxes, and SEC fans trying to convince others that beating up on each other AUTOMATICALLY means all the teams in the conference are really good and deserve great bowl bids or playoff spots. If you lose twice, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs more than likely. Spare me the bs
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swag1982

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

State is fooling people like I said Rebels were, dont be fooled they arnt as good as you think. That Bama game was nowhere near as close as the score.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

He's not a poster, he doesn't care about adding anything to the thread... Only about getting his post limit in for the night that they pay pennies for each one...
    i think your totally wrong. I root light way for u.tenn because i met butch jones couple times when he was at uc. Top 4 of sec is by far better than most but the rest sucks. missouri and a &m couldn't compete in 12 and they are knocking them dead.Hell missouri lost to indiana.S.E.C. IS SCARED SHITLESS THAT A&M WILL PLAY TEXAS IN BOWL GAME!

Magnolia Slim

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    i think your totally wrong. I root light way for u.tenn because i met butch jones couple times when he was at uc. Top 4 of sec is by far better than most but the rest sucks. missouri and a &m couldn't compete in 12 and they are knocking them dead.Hell missouri lost to indiana.S.E.C. IS SCARED SHITLESS THAT A&M WILL PLAY TEXAS IN BOWL GAME!
    I think his comments were directed at jj..

Magnolia Slim

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    life, death, taxes, and SEC fans trying to convince others that beating up on each other AUTOMATICALLY means all the teams in the conference are really good and deserve great bowl bids or playoff spots. If you lose twice, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs more than likely. Spare me the bs
    Just another hater in a pusssey ass conference. U and bobby petrino can jump in a lake cause nobody will notice you're gone..

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Agree, fsu goes down to the wire every week against avg opponents. They have zero shot to win it all..
    at least they dont play below average teams like Ole Miss.

Ole Miss first four games - Boise State, Vandy, ULL, and Memphis. Please tell me how these four are so good?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    at least they dont play below average teams like Ole Miss.
    Nope, they play below average teams like Wake Forest, Citadel, Miami, N.C. State, Boston College and Virginia.

I don't know how anyone can say they're impressed with Florida State. I honestly don't know if they're going to get past Florida and Ga. Tech. UF and GT are a lot better than Miami and BC.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Nope, they play below average teams like Wake Forest, Citadel, Miami, N.C. State, Boston College and Virginia.

I don't know how anyone can say they're impressed with Florida State. I honestly don't know if they're going to get past Florida and Ga. Tech. UF and GT are a lot better than Miami and BC.
    Navy...it was more of a dig to the SEC homers that think it is the only conference that matters. I am an FSU guy, but also dont keep blinders on. I know they are not the same team as last year but they are 11-0 with losing 13 of the 22 starters to the NFL. They beat everyone on their schedule week in and week out which other teams cant say they do.

I honestly think that Oregon has the best chance of winning it this year.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Say hello to UCLA

12 Last