rolltide39
    rolltide39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Florida st ....

What do you all think florida st record would be in the sec ... pac10 .... or big 12 ... u think they might have a .500 or below conference record....

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

11-0

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

auburn will beat alabama

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

there's problems inside of the locker room at AUB

Not j/k

We'll see if they have it worked out

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

They'd have a winning record, not a title contender though.

Whoever they play in the Final Four is basically getting a bye

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Florida can beat them

line will be very low

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

FSU lost 13 of 22 starters that ALL went to the NFL this year. Pretty damn impressive to be 11-0 after that. The scoreboard shows "how many" not "how"

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Whoever they play in the Final Four is basically getting a bye
    I don't think it is fair to say that...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

FSU should not be eligible for playoffs with such cupcake schedule. Neither does Ohio St.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    FSU lost 13 of 22 starters that ALL went to the NFL this year. Pretty damn impressive to be 11-0 after that. The scoreboard shows "how many" not "how"
    Exactly, makes it even more impressive with alot less talent.

Sam Odom

The 2 game playoff system doesnt favor Fl St BUT

They remind Sammy of the 1992 Ala team sorta... many many thought Bama did not belong in the Nat Champ game but we know what happened

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

I think we can all agree FSU would have difficulty attaining the same record in a tougher conference. Having said that (and being biased towards the SEC of course), I certainly give props where they are due. The bottom line is, regardless of conference, FSU is still a top-5 team. It's so easy to forget how good they actually are. They were hands down the best team in the country last year - and yes they would've beaten Bama had they met instead of Auburn - and the fact they play a much easier schedule works to their advantage in that teams from other conferences underestimate them. They certainly experienced a dropoff this year from the draft, but they're still a damn good team. Yes they've played some very close games and gotten lucky a few times this year, but they still have yet to lose. Will they win it all this year? I seriously doubt it, will probably lose the playoff game. But they're still one of the best teams in the country, and very much deserving (as of now)of a playoff spot.
    Points Awarded:

Booya711 gave Semper Fidelis 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    I think we can all agree FSU would have difficulty attaining the same record in a tougher conference. Having said that (and being biased towards the SEC of course), I certainly give props where they are due. The bottom line is, regardless of conference, FSU is still a top-5 team. It's so easy to forget how good they actually are. They were hands down the best team in the country last year - and yes they would've beaten Bama had they met instead of Auburn - and the fact they play a much easier schedule works to their advantage in that teams from other conferences underestimate them. They certainly experienced a dropoff this year from the draft, but they're still a damn good team. Yes they've played some very close games and gotten lucky a few times this year, but they still have yet to lose. Will they win it all this year? I seriously doubt it, will probably lose the playoff game. But they're still one of the best teams in the country, and very much deserving (as of now)of a playoff spot.
    Semper gets it. Great post

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

No way they'd be anywhere close to being undefeated in the SEC, Big 12 or Pac 12. They have a lot of holes on that team...luckily they've dodged bullets with that schedule. Oregon will crush them, however, if they draw them in the playoff. Especially in Pasadena where it would likely be (assuming Bama wins out).

Btw, Florida State is not a lock for the playoff. Florida and Georgia Tech are not going to be easy. If they can barely get by N.C. State, Notre Dame, Miami and Boston College, they may not escape Florida or Ga. Tech who are the two best teams they've faced all year (scary, isn't it?)

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Not j/k

Half Time 7-17 with Samford

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Not j/k

Did nick Marshall steal a bunch of shit again

Sam Odom

A general discipline problem - Playing favorites with team rules violations

Sam Odom

AUB takin care of biz now... raw talent prevailing

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    No way they'd be anywhere close to being undefeated in the SEC, Big 12 or Pac 12. They have a lot of holes on that team...luckily they've dodged bullets with that schedule. Oregon will crush them, however, if they draw them in the playoff. Especially in Pasadena where it would likely be (assuming Bama wins out).

Btw, Florida State is not a lock for the playoff. Florida and Georgia Tech are not going to be easy. If they can barely get by N.C. State, Notre Dame, Miami and Boston College, they may not escape Florida or Ga. Tech who are the two best teams they've faced all year (scary, isn't it?)
    nowhere close to undefeated in the sec or pac 12? if u swapped in missouri's conference games with fsu they could easily be undefeated with the only hard team as georgia. if they had asu's schedule they are most likely undefeated with the hardest team being ucla who needed 3 defensive td's to beat virginia by 8 and looks extremely pathetic out of conference. pac 12 is extremely overrated. the big 12 is not that hard either. give them baylors schedule and they have tcu which they could easily lose but its not a given then they have wvu which they probably win but could lose. pac 12 and big 12 arent that strong.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

The 2 game playoff system doesnt favor Fl St BUT

They remind Sammy of the 1992 Ala team sorta... many many thought Bama did not belong in the Nat Champ game but we know what happened
    also reminiscent of the ohio state team of 2002-2003 i believe it was that beat a loaded miami team for the title. they eeked out wins left and right and no one thought they stood a chance against miami.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    nowhere close to undefeated in the sec or pac 12? if u swapped in missouri's conference games with fsu they could easily be undefeated with the only hard team as georgia. if they had asu's schedule they are most likely undefeated with the hardest team being ucla who needed 3 defensive td's to beat virginia by 8 and looks extremely pathetic out of conference. pac 12 is extremely overrated. the big 12 is not that hard either. give them baylors schedule and they have tcu which they could easily lose but its not a given then they have wvu which they probably win but could lose. pac 12 and big 12 arent that strong.
    If they had Missouri's schedule, they wouldn't beat Georgia, Arkansas or Florida on the road (they may beat Florida at home).

Speaking of Arizona State, they both played Notre Dame. FSU needed a lucky call at the end to beat them at home. Arizona State beat them by 24. And with that schedule, FSU would not beat UCLA and Arizona and possibly USC on the road.

If FSU can barely beat Notre Dame, Miami and Boston College (two of those being at home), how are they going to beat some of those teams? I'll give the fact that ND is not the same team now with their MLB out, but still they can't struggle with them the way they did.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

If they had Missouri's schedule, they wouldn't beat Georgia, Arkansas or Florida on the road (they may beat Florida at home).

Speaking of Arizona State, they both played Notre Dame. FSU needed a lucky call at the end to beat them at home. Arizona State beat them by 24. And with that schedule, FSU would not beat UCLA and Arizona and possibly USC on the road.

If FSU can barely beat Notre Dame, Miami and Boston College (two of those being at home), how are they going to beat some of those teams? I'll give the fact that ND is not the same team now with their MLB out, but still they can't struggle with them the way they did.
    I highly doubt that many of the SEC teams would beat these PAC 12 teams on the road. SEC teams rarely, if ever, go out west. This goes for FSU as well. Bottom line is "IFs" dont matter until these games are scheduled.

navyblue81

I just honestly don't think this FSU team is that good. Reminds me of the Notre Dame team two years ago. They have squeezed by a lot of weak teams and have benefited from an extremely weak schedule. Once they face a big boy, they're going to get killed.

And they shouldn't be that good....they lost 13 starters to the NFL this past year!!!! They are an example of an average football team that are just slightly better than a lot of other average football team. For crying out loud....they barely beat Boston College yesterday on their home turf. Boston College!

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

I just honestly don't think this FSU team is that good. Reminds me of the Notre Dame team two years ago. They have squeezed by a lot of weak teams and have benefited from an extremely weak schedule. Once they face a big boy, they're going to get killed.

And they shouldn't be that good....they lost 13 starters to the NFL this past year!!!! They are an example of an average football team that are just slightly better than a lot of other average football team. For crying out loud....they barely beat Boston College yesterday on their home turf. Boston College!
    all they do is beat who is on the schedule. what else are they supposed to do? everybody assumes the only way you are any good is if you win every game by 50.

navyblue81

all they do is beat who is on the schedule. what else are they supposed to do? everybody assumes the only way you are any good is if you win every game by 50.
    Marshall beats everyone on their schedule, too. And their schedules aren't much different. I'm not arguing they shouldn't be in the top 4...they're undefeated in a power conference (although the conference sucks this year). They are where they should be. But my point is just watching them, they're not that great of a team. They win, yes....but talent-wise, outside of Winston, they don't have it. They're weak in a lot of areas. If you struggle with Boston College's rushing attack, how in the world are you going to handle Oregon's or Alabama's?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Cmon navy...we have some good convo going then you say marshall's schedule no different than FSU.

navyblue81

Cmon navy...we have some good convo going then you say marshall's schedule no different than FSU.
    Florida State's schedule is CRAP! Come on...Miami is horrible. Boston College is horrible. Virginia is horrible. NC State is horrible. We're finding out Notre Dame is horrible. What do these teams have in common? These are all teams FSU had problems beating. I still think Notre Dame beat them, but the refs thought otherwise.

The point is in comparing it to Marshall is just because you beat everyone on your schedule doesn't make you a great team. Case in point Notre Dame 2012....breezed by a very easy schedule, then face a real in Alabama and got annhialated.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Only time will tell to compare to that ND that didn't show up against Alabama. Actually they did show up they just were so overrated that year and the championship game proved it.

I think getting by Georgia tech will be a bigger task than beating FL.

If FSU can't pull it off, I am pulling for Oregon as the SEC homers need to be humbled a little bit!

navyblue81

Only time will tell to compare to that ND that didn't show up against Alabama. Actually they did show up they just were so overrated that year and the championship game proved it.

I think getting by Georgia tech will be a bigger task than beating FL.

If FSU can't pull it off, I am pulling for Oregon as the SEC homers need to be humbled a little bit!
    I think Notre Dame was a decent team that year...they just weren't top-5. I think the same applies to FSU. I think they're a decent team, I just don't think they're top-4. However, they deserve to be where they are based on the fact they're an undefeated team in a power conference.

I think of the two games coming up, Florida is the scarier game. Reason being Florida has the talent...they showed it against Georgia. The problem is they make so many dumb mistakes that they lose games. Reminds me of Notre Dame a little bit before they lost their star MLB...ND can play with anyone in the country if they don't make so many dumb errors every game. Never seen a team throw away games like they do.
    Ga. Tech can pose a problem with their rushing attack, but their defense has some holes that FSU should be able to capitalize on.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

I think Notre Dame was a decent team that year...they just weren't top-5. I think the same applies to FSU. I think they're a decent team, I just don't think they're top-4. However, they deserve to be where they are based on the fact they're an undefeated team in a power conference.

I think of the two games coming up, Florida is the scarier game. Reason being Florida has the talent...they showed it against Georgia. The problem is they make so many dumb mistakes that they lose games. Reminds me of Notre Dame a little bit before they lost their star MLB...ND can play with anyone in the country if they don't make so many dumb errors every game. Never seen a team throw away games like they do.
    Ga. Tech can pose a problem with their rushing attack, but their defense has some holes that FSU should be able to capitalize on.
    My reasoning on the GA tech game was the fact that I witnessed that rush defense debacle first hand yesterday against BC. It was just power running mostly as well, the GA tech option will be much more difficult to contain IMO

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Don't mind navy, he's 0-11 on his FSU Moneyline picks this season

navyblue81

My reasoning on the GA tech game was the fact that I witnessed that rush defense debacle first hand yesterday against BC. It was just power running mostly as well, the GA tech option will be much more difficult to contain IMO
    No doubt, the Ga. Tech running game is stronger. However, I think the Florida defense has the potential to keep Winston more in check than Ga. Tech's does. It'll be fun to watch the UF defense vs. Winston. Should be a great matchup.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Don't mind navy, he's 0-11 on his FSU Moneyline picks this season
    Actually, I'm 6-1 betting against FSU this year. I love FSU...they've been winning me some $$$. My only loss was I took the Miami ML last week and they blew it at the end. ugh.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

No doubt, the Ga. Tech running game is stronger. However, I think the Florida defense has the potential to keep Winston more in check than Ga. Tech's does. It'll be fun to watch the UF defense vs. Winston. Should be a great matchup.
    Gainesville is the only place in America that I will never visit or even drive through

navyblue81

Gainesville is the only place in America that I will never visit or even drive through
    Really? I love Gainesville...the school part at least (maybe not the city). Hot girls and awesome parties. Been to a lot of campuses and Florida is up there as having some of the hottest young females I've ever seen. I think they were voted #1 party school as well, if I'm not mistaken.

12 Last