LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Laying 9 points here is a joke. Go check out what teams did the week after playing LSU. It's not pretty.
    Normally I would agree (and probably do in regards to the 9 points), but this game is just too important for Alabama to lose outright, they will have to suck it up and ignore all the blacks and blues they received last week.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Quote Originally Posted by Molibra View Post
    I believe ND was +10 in the 2012 NC game against Bama.
    Correct - believe it opened at +10.5 - could be wrong.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Normally I would agree (and probably do in regards to the 9 points), but this game is just too important for Alabama to lose outright, they will have to suck it up and ignore all the blacks and blues they received last week.
    The Auburn game last year was a must win for Alabama and they found a way to lose. Anything can happen.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Just because Alabama needs to win this game doesn't mean Mississippi State will let them. State needs this one too

LT Profits

Just because Alabama needs to win this game doesn't mean Mississippi State will let them. State needs this one too
    Obviously but Alabama is the better team and these are games that the better teams usually win - especially at home.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 11-13-14 at 01:35 PM. Reason: "these" not "they"

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The Auburn game last year was a must win for Alabama and they found a way to lose. Anything can happen.
    Different story at Tuscaloosa though, there will be no miracles this week.

sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    head to head? Auburn and Mississippi are out though and there is no way it will come down to a tie breaker between all four
    I think it would be head to head as a tiebreaker between Alabama and Miss St if it has to be decided between the 2. If that's right, Miss St needs to win as much as Alabama. Should be a good hard fought game. Bama - 8.5 could be too much.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Obviously but Alabama is the better team and they are games that the better teams usually win - especially at home.
    Are they though? Arkansas could have beaten them. Ole Miss did beat them. LSU should have beaten them. If West Virginia's receivers don't have dish pan hands, that game is close. They play better at home, but they haven't played anyone at home. State's offense will test them for the first time since game 1. Laying more than a TD in this game is too much imo.

LT Profits

Are they though? Arkansas could have beaten them. Ole Miss did beat them. LSU should have beaten them. If West Virginia's receivers don't have dish pan hands, that game is close. They play better at home, but they haven't played anyone at home. State's offense will test them for the first time since game 1. Laying more than a TD in this game is too much imo.
    Every tough game has been on the road. And the only rankings that matter are the ones that bookmakers use that say Alabama is #1 and would be favored over any other team in the entire country on a neutral field.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Dont know much about State's defense but dont be confused this is the worst Bama team of recent memory.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-13-14 at 01:58 PM.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Dont know muxh about State's defense but dont be confused this is the worst Bama team of recent memory.
    But still #1 on books' power ratings, it is all relative. I agree they are not as good as recent years but books still rate them better than everyone else right now.

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Diff Alabama team sir. I said it right after ole miss beat Bama. Everybody was talkin shit on Bama and I said Bama is the truth and they will prolly make the final four. Bama has a stellar defense. The two guys u want to contain are dak and robinson from state. Robinson is a diminutive powerful runner and he is the reason dak is being mentioned for heisman but Bama has speed on d to slow down state. ..... Sims is a much better qb at home and state has a questionable secondary. They have solid d line and linebackers tho lead by Mckinney at linebacker (arguably best lb in cfb)...........Fellas Bama will win this game. No more silly turn overs on kick off returns. The rust is gone from this squad. States run is OV..
    Last edited by Magnolia Slim; 11-13-14 at 02:11 PM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Looks like a solid 7 is the 'opener'

Sammy is passing ... may bet really small just for action/interest

Few 9 out there ... Will bet Miss ST on 10

loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

My local has 9.5 I bought it to +10 for -120... Don't think the number reaches 10 and it may go back down so I grabbed it... May add some state ML

LT Profits

Alabama now -10 at 5 Dimes (straight line, not juiced)

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

The public is on MSU, the sharps are on Bama. Doesn't guarantee anything, but over the long run I'll take my chances backing the sharps and fading the public

nutinicnthndl
    nutinicnthndl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

i like miss st +10... miss st is not gona go lay down to bama... i think they will surprise a lot of people... bama not as good as they have been in the past and Miss st has something to prove

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

has a #1 ranked team ever been a double digit dog? wow

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Plus 10 is ez game

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

This line is getting ridiculous. at -10. Take the over.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

just parlay bama ml with something else and relax

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    has a #1 ranked team ever been a double digit dog? wow
    At least one other time as has already been mentioned in this thread. BCS Championship Game, Notre Dame vs. Alabama few years back.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Before Tommie Frazier and Osborne got it right they were a high double digit dog to Charlie ward in the orange bowl as the nations' number one. A few years ago manti teo's secret love team was 10.5 point dog to bama in national championship game. Should have been a 30.5 point line.
    Nebraska was undefeated at the time, BUT Florida State was ranked #1, Nebraska was ranked #2.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

But still #1 on books' power ratings, it is all relative. I agree they are not as good as recent years but books still rate them better than everyone else right now.

Dont they still have auburn #2 or on up there? 10 points is crazy. If Alabama wins by more than 10 the books will just have to get my money

LT Profits

Dont they still have auburn #2 or on up there? 10 points is crazy. If Alabama wins by more than 10 the books will just have to get my money
    Stuff like that is not publicly available, only reason I know books rate Bama #1 is because Todd Fuhrman mentioned it.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Just teased MSU to +17. Surely, they keep it that close? lol

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I use the sagarin fair line predictor and it seems to be fairly accurate. Bama would be favored against everyone on a neutral field base on it. The #2 team is interesting though...Ole Miss

LT Profits

I use the sagarin fair line predictor and it seems to be fairly accurate. Bama would be favored against everyone on a neutral field base on it. The #2 team is interesting though...Ole Miss
    I suspect Oregon is #2 with the books because I seem to recall Fuhrman saying Bama would only be -1.5 against them neutral. I could be mistaken though, he has tons of podcasts on his site.

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

One team played UT Martin last week and one played a nail biter @ LSU. I'll take the 10.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post

The public is on MSU...

LT Profits

He is right, I see 64% on MSU

Sam Odom

He is right, I see 64% on MSU

oddsshark ?

LT Profits

oddsshark ?
    Sports Options

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Bama is not as good as they have been in the past but from watching them I will tell you that their best is still better than every other team. I have no doubts with all things being equal Alabama should and could beat Miss. St 38-17. I also know for all of Saban's strengths in game strategy is not one of them. For instance if Alabama takes an early commanding lead 2+ TD's and look unbeatable, Saban will want to put it in low gear and try to run clock and get real conservative. I have seen this strategy back fire in the past for Alabama playing against Auburn and other worthy competitors. I do not expect Miss St to quit in this game if they get down big. They are a experienced team with a good coach and a lot riding on this game. If you want to play Bama I suggest the 1H because chances are if this game is close at half time (inside 1 score) do not look for it to improve in the 2H for Alabama. I do not see them pulling away late. They ethier kick Miss st ass early or they do not. Miss st will just get more confident in the 2H if they are close and Alabama is coming off tough physical game against LSU where as Miss St basically had a bye.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

I know Kiffin calls the plays but make no mistake Saban influences a lot of what Alabama does. In truth Alabama's offense should be rested and fresh because they did very little against LSU but they are a different animal at home and Miss St don't have LSU's much improved defense. It will be really sad if Alabama can't score 35+ on Miss st. Might result in a loss as well.

Also keep in mind here Miss St is the hunted. They are not use to this role. Yeah, they may be the underdog in Vegas but they have what Alabama wants and that is a #1 ranking and a playoff spot currently. If somebody like Guz Malzahn could coach Alabama this weekend or anybody else that was aggressive I would be almost certain this game would be covered by the Tide. I imagine at this point although Alabama has not really beat anybody they feel disrespected by the playoff committee at #5 on the outside looking in. If Alabama has a statement game in them you should see it tommorow.

First 1234 Last