daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Murray State

That's the rankings of the offenses the #1 ranked Louisville defense has played. Those offenses haven't exactly faced a murderers row of defenses either. They aren't a #1 defense, but they are still good because they're still living off of Charlie Strong's coaching and players...but big Todd's defenses crumble once they face teams that can actually pass the ball.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Murray State

That's the rankings of the offenses the #1 ranked Louisville defense has played. Those offenses haven't exactly faced a murderers row of defenses either. They aren't a #1 defense, but they are still good because they're still living off of Charlie Strong's coaching and players...but big Todd's defenses crumble once they face teams that can actually pass the ball.
    You are conveniently ignoring that the Louisville defense FAR out-performed the Florida State vs. the common opponents they have faced so far (Clemson, NC State, Syracuse off top of my head, that may be it) so SOS becomes a moot point now anyway. Besides DFEI is schedule adjusted.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19455

Florida St. knows how to handle distractions and knows how to win; I'm waiting for this to go down to 3 then I'm gonna fire away. Might go on 3.5 if it doesn't get there.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I doubt Clemson would have covered anyway considering Louisville was one yard away from winning the game at the end.
    Whole reason they came 1 yard away is because the Clemson Qb got knocked out in the 2nd quarter. Clemson would have won by double digits. You ought to know once a starting Qb gets knocked out, it usually changes the entire complexion of an offense. Guess it's opinion though...moot now

LT Profits

Whole reason they came 1 yard away is because the Clemson Qb got knocked out in the 2nd quarter. Clemson would have won by double digits. You ought to know once a starting Qb gets knocked out, it usually changes the entire complexion of an offense. Guess it's opinion though...moot now
    And at what point was Watson knocked out? Because Clemson did not score a touchdown the ENTIRE game.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

The thing is FSU knows they have to win this game in order to be in playoff, win this and its easier from here on ut, but you HAVE to win this one, theyve come through in alot of close games over the last two years, nobody has shown as much poise when down as Jameis.
    Last edited by jtoler; 10-30-14 at 01:32 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

You are conveniently ignoring that the Louisville defense FAR out-performed the Florida State vs. the common opponents they have faced so far (Clemson, NC State, Syracuse off top of my head, that may be it) so SOS becomes a moot point now anyway. Besides DFEI is schedule adjusted.
    And none of those teams can pass. I watched big Todd for 4 long years in the SEC. His defenses have no answer for teams that can pass the ball. Enter team that can pass the ball.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    The thing is FSU knows they have to win this game in order to be in playoff, win this and its easier from here on out, but you HAVE to win this one, yheyve come through in alot of close games over the last two years, nobody has shown as much poise when down as Jameis.
    But they have not faced a defense this good since the beginning of last year either.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Give Jimbo 10 days to practice and he will destroy you. Louisville has no chance.

bumppinee
    bumppinee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

This game is going to go down just like last year when FSU played Clemson at home everyone predicted a close game and FSU straight blowed them out.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

And at what point was Watson knocked out? Because Clemson did not score a touchdown the ENTIRE game.
    Middle of the 1st quarter. I don't think this reincarnation of the 85 Bears defense would have shut them down with him in there the entire game.

LT Profits

And none of those teams can pass. I watched big Todd for 4 long years in the SEC. His defenses have no answer for teams that can pass the ball. Enter team that can pass the ball.
    I wish footballoutsiders broke out rushing efficiency and passing efficiency. Maybe they do but I can't find it.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

How about that Wake Forest powerhouse that had a 10-7 lead after 3 quarters at LOUISVILLE...

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by bumppinee View Post
    This game is going to go down just like last year when FSU played Clemson at home everyone predicted a close game and FSU straight blowed them out.
    There is no comparison between Clemson's defense last year and Louisville's this year. I think everyone will agree this will be Noles' stiffest test in two years, not even Auburn had a good defense last year.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I think Louisville could cover, but it would be mostly because their offense is getting healthier and FSU is banged up. I have FSU -3 though. I'm not fading Jameis yet.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    How about that Wake Forest powerhouse that had a 10-7 lead after 3 quarters at LOUISVILLE...
    Louisville had no offense that game, Gardner and Parker were out and it was Dyer's first game of the year. Last week was the first time all three played together. And that is not really the point, the defense plays like that all the time, that's all you can ask for it to give the offense a chance to get its act together.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Bottom line is it should be a good game...and if FSU loses the top four will be all SEC for the time being as alabama would move up

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

And for those discounting Louisville's schedule, their defensive numbers are validated by leading the entire country in raw defensive efficiency and in DFEI, which is schedule adjusted defensive efficiency. And besides, no validation should be necessary when comparing the performances of these defenses vs. common opponents so far.
    LT. That stat is a bunch of garbage. Look at who is second on that list. Vt. How has thay worked out all season long?

GT21Megatron

Clemson played Louisville without there first string QB. When Clemson played FSU there first string QB was in and FSU was playing with a backup who had never started before in his life.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Here is my take on this game. The Noles face one last test before the ACC Championship. So far FSU has kept winning although theyve had close-calls vs NC ST. and ND which they couldve lost easily. Louisville on the other side comes in with 2 close losses all away from home to UVA and CLEMSON.

FSU has used the aerial attack to pace the offense behind Winston with a running game thats struggled to produce at 104th RYPG. Defensively, FSU has done enough to win games but the loss of NFL talent at key positions has brought them down a notch. Louisville comes in with a middle-of-the-pack offense but do have a big weapon with Parker back at WR. Defensively Louisville is at its strongest molded by Charlie Strong's days developing an attacking mentality thats rewarded this unit by playing physical, TO-machine prone defense. You can compare them to stifling defenses of the SEC in terms of talent , athleticism, and play-hard and fast philosophy.

From watching the two teams up to this point its tough to lean one way than the other but based on some troubling signs from FSU in inconsistent O-LINE play and nno identity in the run game I expect Louisville to attack the line of scrimmage as well as roll coverage towards Greene who Winston likes to go to. This yr they dont have the luxury of a 6'5'' WR Benjamin who left for NFL early. On offense I like Louisville to establish Dyer on the ground early while taking some shots down the field w/ Parker back. I expect a grind-out defensive game but like Lousvilles ability to match up defensively vs the Noles and create short-field opportunities to cash in. Take Louisville +3.5, ML +155.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    LT. That stat is a bunch of garbage. Look at who is second on that list. Vt. How has thay worked out all season long?
    That's because VT's offense is in the 100s. You have to score SOME points no matter how great your defense is.

LT Profits

And footballoutsiders is far from garbage, it is like the Pomeroy of college football.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The same Wake Forest team that Florida State struggled in the first half with at home? It was 6-3 FSU deep into the first half.

My point is this....FSU may win, but let's not be stupid and pretend like Louisville has no chance. Vegas is not stupid. They set this line at -6 for a reason, and it's come down for a reason.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Gotta agree with LT here this wreaks of an upset althought the points are golden

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

the books will just have to take my money if fsu loses. Im taking them on the ml

jtoler

Funny everyone talking about Ville D lets you know they dont think much about their offense.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    The same Wake Forest team that Florida State struggled in the first half with at home? It was 6-3 FSU deep into the first half.

My point is this....FSU may win, but let's not be stupid and pretend like Louisville has no chance. Vegas is not stupid. They set this line at -6 for a reason, and it's come down for a reason.
    Vegas didnt and dont do nothing, ratings basically made the number its not like 6 is a small number it should have opened at about 4 based on ratings as usual the oddsmaker is greedy and put at 6 anticipating 7 mostly.

LT Profits

Bottom line is it should be a good game...and if FSU loses the top four will be all SEC for the time being as alabama would move up
    I don't think so, Auburn / Mississippi loser moves down and I don't think there were more SEC teams directly behind Alabama. If Oregon beats Stanford, they replace Aub/Ole Miss loser.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

I agree...there is so much "will" for FSU to lose, people start making themselves see things!

FSU wins this game, and pulls away 2nd half very comfortably.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Catch77

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

LT just be happy that bigdaddy is disagreeing with us

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Funny everyone talking about Ville D lets you know they dont think much about their offense.
    Parker will dominate tonight

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Parker will dominate tonight
    Like the Knicks last night?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

I don't think so, Auburn / Mississippi loser moves down and I don't think there were more SEC teams directly behind Alabama. If Oregon beats Stanford, they replace Aub/Ole Miss loser.
    ahh your right...forgot that Auburn played Mississippi this week...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It does seem many sharps on Louisville

Most square money on Flor St

Let's so how good Louisville is

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

aauburn is going to neat the hell out of ole miss

First 1234 Last