Cm8
    Cm8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Bama @Vols

I am tennessee fan and I have a source that let me know Worley (Vol QB) has a torn labrum and it will be announced that he is out. Tennessee backup QB is atrocious. Line is still only 17. There has been rumblings that Worley is hurt, but nobody knows severity. I believe my source to be truthful. With Worley out, Tennessee O will be even worse than it has been. Line will jump when news breaks. Get on Bama big. Will be a blowout.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Your friend may not know what he is talking about. If anyone is injured, his name must be placed on the injured list with a legitimate guess as to whether he will play or not. If Tennessee waits until game time to announce this, they will get the crap fined out of them. They can say that he is questionable, or probable, and then keep him out, but to say nothing is a major nono. Besides, what do you think the Vegas Books will do to Tennessee and Jones? I guarantee you that the books would know before any "friend" would.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 10-23-14 at 08:30 PM.

Cm8

I mean... it is leaking on message boards. He is out. It will be announced tomorrow. Believe me if you want.. but Justin Worley is not playing. Butch Jones has been very coy with injuries and doesnt announce them until last possible second. He has said all week that Worley would continue to be evaluated, but the 2 backups were getting 1st team work all week, which hasnt happened all year. Worley is for sure one hundred percent out. Vegas will know by tomorrow. My source works on training staff.

Cm8

The whole point, Tennessee back up is terrible. I mean... terrible. Bama at -17 is an absolute steal.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I'm not aware of any NCAA Policy that requires a school to release injury reports.

Some are more transparent that others. In some instances, they will use FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) to keep things quiet.

Think back on the recent refusal of UCLA to release any info on status of QB Brett Hundley.

Vegas throws guys a bone and will list "Probable" as they did on Justin Worley. I always look at it as a simple heads up" check status.

NFL has strict rules about injury reports. Been burned more than once in College with late announcement of a player ruled out.

I'm on Bama pretty big here. Have also heard rumors about Worley, plus remember clearly the pounding he took by Land Sharks and late removal/unable to play. They were looking at his shoulder.

Even if he does play, how long will he last with that O line? Bama D line must be licking it's chops. The kid that was inserted looked like a deer in the headlights, but man that sucks coming in late off the bench at QB. It's one thing when you are romping, quite another when the team is getting boot stomped.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

@ Pivotpoint,
    Again consider the source, as it is coming from BIGLOSERQH!

BigdaddyQH

Record: 10 - 23 - 2
    Percent: 30.30 %
    Current Rank: 1503 of 1514
    Completed Plays

Beat The Prick X: $20,000+ & 100K pts/week > BigdaddyQH's picks

October 2014
    Day WLT Pct Net Winning Record
    10/18/2014 2-2-0 50.00 % 0.85 Details
    10/17/2014 1-0-0 100.00 % 1.00 Details
    10/11/2014 2-3-0 40.00 % -0.30 Details
    10/04/2014 2-3-0 40.00 % -2.25 Details

September 2014
    Day WLT Pct Net Winning Record
    09/28/2014 2-3-0 40.00 % -2.30 Details
    09/21/2014 0-2-1 0.00 % -3.20 Details
    09/20/2014 0-2-0 0.00 % -2.20 Details
    09/14/2014 0-1-0 0.00 % -1.05 Details
    09/13/2014 0-3-1 0.00 % -4.40 Details
    09/07/2014 0-2-0 0.00 % -2.20 Details
    09/06/2014 1-2-0 33.33 % -2.30 Details

Totals: 10-23-2 30.30 % -18.35

Pivotpoint

Urban,

Noted. He did use the disclaimer "legitimate guess" which is , uh lets say vague.

Never heard of anyone being fined or as mentioned, a specific rule.

Books get info the same way as everybody else, by people close to the team. Social media has leveled the field here. Many years back had a friend on Athletic Scholarship at a major SEC school. Lived in housing with other players. He always knew who was hurting, partying like a mad man and so on. Some of the stories he used to tell me about guys and perks were almost unbelievable. I can't say names, but one guy was a big time 1st rd RB in NFL. Then again, that was before all this social media stuff.

With all that being said, doubt Worley plays. You'll find out Friday night or early Sat.

Urbanwildlife

I actually called a close friend of mine who is a Tennessee lunitic and booster, and he told me exactly what you are posting. It is a no go. A while back I posted how Tennessee is one of my favorite college teams, and that I have had the privilege to attend a few of the games, and experience the party that goes with Rocky Top, and he is the one who I attended the games with.

On another note, I am coming into the weekend feeling good with wins on Sunday night, Monday night, a loss on Tuesday, and then a win tonight on Denver, setting my parlay plays up nice for tomorrow nights games where I have South Alabama, Oregon, and South Florida in various plays.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-23-14 at 09:55 PM.

Pivotpoint

They also have a flu bug. Sounds like it's impacting the younger players. Some of the players have lost 8-10 #'s.

I don't have a single play on Friday. Can't find an edge.

Loaded for bear on Sat. Good luck.

Cm8

Yes, some of the freshmen have been sick. I am a VFL and love my Vols, but I would be shocked if we scored more than 10.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Your friend may not know what he is talking about. If anyone is injured, his name must be placed on the injured list with a legitimate guess as to whether he will play or not. If Tennessee waits until game time to announce this, they will get the crap fined out of them. They can say that he is questionable, or probable, and then keep him out, but to say nothing is a major nono. Besides, what do you think the Vegas Books will do to Tennessee and Jones? I guarantee you that the books would know before any "friend" would.
    biggest know-it-all douche everrrrrrr. same thing in every thread, take the dik out of your ass and lighten up

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

I'll gladly take Vols +17 here. I simply don't trust Sims on the road in SEC play.

Cm8

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    biggest know-it-all douche everrrrrrr. same thing in every thread, take the dik out of your ass and lighten up
    This.

Cm8

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I actually called a close friend of mine who is a Tennessee lunitic and booster, and he told me exactly what you are posting. It is a no go. A while back I posted how Tennessee is one of my favorite college teams, and that I have had the privilege to attend a few of the games, and experience the party that goes with Rocky Top, and he is the one who I attended the games with.

On another note, I am coming into the weekend feeling good with wins on Sunday night, Monday night, a loss on Tuesday, and then a win tonight on Denver, setting my parlay plays up nice for tomorrow nights games where I have South Alabama, Oregon, and South Florida in various plays.
    That is awesome Urban. Neyland and the tailgating definitely makes for a great atmosphere. Hopefully in a year or two, the Vols will be a fun team to watch again. Seems headed in right direction with recruiting.

Urbanwildlife

I sure hope so, and I am sooooooooooo excited to get back there, as the tailgating and fun cannot be beat!

Urbanwildlife

take the dik out of your ass and lighten up
    He is to mentally and emotionally incompetent to do that, and I am being serious.

LosRichards
    LosRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1257

I go to UT and have friends on the team. Don't bet on my Vols this week. Major contributor out

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Published: Thu Oct 23, 2014 | Modified: Thu Oct 23, 2014 01:04 p.m.

Hayley Pennesi • The Daily Beacon
    Senior quarterback Justin Worley looks downfield for an open receiver in the Vols', 34-3, loss to Ole Miss Oct. 18.
    The Justin Worley mystery continues.

On Wednesday, the Tennessee quarterback, who exited midway through the fourth quarter of last Saturday's loss to Ole Miss after banging his right shoulder on the ground, appeared to go though quarterback drills without any limitations during the three periods open to the media.

But that effort came after the senior signal caller didn't throw a pass during Tuesday's two open practice sessions.

"It's ongoing, we're going to have to make a decision later in the week on Justin's status," head coach Butch Jones said Wednesday night on Vol Calls. "We'll know a little bit more as the week progresses."

Following UT's Wednesday practice at Haslam Field, a similar non-committal status update arrived from his offensive coordinator.

"He continues to progress everyday," Mike Bajakian said.

Should Worley miss any time this Saturday versus No. 4 Alabama, the signal calling duties would likely fall on the shoulders of backup quarterback Nathan Peterman, who's thrown for just 39 yard this season.

Peterman has seen action in four of UT's seven games — he relieved an injury Worley last Saturday but didn't attempt a pass, rushing for nine yards on just two carries.

Meanwhile, Josh Dobbs, who hasn't seen action this season, has been pegged as a possible redshirt candidate, but Bajakian indicated the sophomore signal caller "has always prepared since day one to play when called upon."

"I'd say, again whether it be injury or just a matter of him being needed," the Vols' offensive coordinator said when asked if there's a scenario where Dobbs could see the field this season.

"We always stress to all of our players — quarterback obviously included — to prepare if you're the starter. The approach never changes for them. When you approach day-to-day with an intensity to improve, you never know when your number's going to get called. They've continued to progress throughout the season too."

O-line enigma: The Vols' offensive line situation gained a bit of clarity as redshirt junior left guard Marcus Jackson returned to practice Wednesday during the three periods available to the media. Meanwhile, freshman right tackle Coleman Thomas (ankle) remained a no-show on the practice field for the second consecutive day.

"Right now," Jones said Wednesday, "I would probably not anticipate (Thomas) playing."

While Don Mahoney deemed Jacob Gilliam as the likely right tackle replacement if Thomas can't go, the Vols' offensive line coach also indicated that redshirt freshman Brett Kendrick, who subbed in at Ole Miss and started earlier in the season against Arkansas State, could see action this Saturday versus the Crimson Tide.

"Confidence in Brett Kendrick — with again the progress he's made up to last week and just some of the thing he did in the ballgame — his mental state is really good in terms of understanding what we're doing," Mahoney said. "He's one of the smarter guys in the room and does a good job of that. The confidence in his play has been really good. What he's been able to do in practice now has got to translate into the game more."

Draw it up Mike: While Jones said Monday that play-calling is viewed as a "magical cure" and that — in reality — a negative play isn't always the result of a bad play call, Bajakian retracted that statement just a tad on Wednesday.

"When they work, it's a great play call, and when it doesn't work it's a bad play call," Bajakian said. "You can always look back and reevaluate it. I always evaluate myself pretty harshly and try to see where I could've put us in better situations.

"We as coaches are our own worst critics, believe it or not. I know there's a lot of critics out there, but I'm as hard on myself as anyone else could be."

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

I already bet this early...but only two units. Still on the books, and I am sure we don't know much that the books don't. Also still at 17...so people not pounding bama it would seem. Oh well...only 2 units. I will let it ride as I plan on taking it to the man in a big way saturday. Gl all.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

How many times can that BigDaddy dude be an ass and still be wrong. He's always so confident and usually so wrong. Prick

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Urban, let's plan on a big SBR get together of sorts in Knoxville by 2016. Another option is the VA Tech/Vols game in 2016 in Bristol (seats 150k). I will be there. Bring your girls. . .don't tell my wife.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    Urban, let's plan on a big SBR get together of sorts in Knoxville by 2016. Another option is the VA Tech/Vols game in 2016 in Bristol (seats 150k). I will be there. Bring your girls. . .don't tell my wife.
    Seriously, count me in.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

^^^^^^^^^^Bingo^^^^^^^^^^^

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Quote Originally Posted by Cm8 View Post
    This.
    And this lol