bhubbs
    bhubbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Bet your mother's house on Oklahoma over Texas

Not really. But you should bet the game.

I'm a Longhorns fan, and I'll be at the game in Dallas. OU is just the obvious play for sports betting this Saturday. And I think it's more blatant than any of the other games this weekend.

Yeah, it's a rivalry game. But there's absolutely no way Texas comes out with a win. Many said the same last year, but Case McCoy at least had the freedom to throw the ball down field to make things interesting. Swoopes doesn't. He's restricted to under center formations where his role is to dink and dunk the ball for 5-10 yards. There is no downfield threat this year. There's not even a zone read threat. It's a very predictable, conservative offense. Stoops recognizes this, and is going to confuse the hell out of Swoopes with blitzes and short-field coverage. Hell, he may not even have to blitz. Just let the Longhorns offense dink and dunk until making a mistake. Or let 'em take it to 3rd and 6 every possession.

Even though the Texas D isn't bad this year, they're not gonna keep up with OU all 4 quarters.

I've got the ML in parlay doubles with all MMA bets (especially Shields, Page, and Aldo). Around 60x.

Also taking the -13 straight (bought a point). 15x.

Biggest bet of the year!

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll never figure out why Texas has such a hard time finding decent quarterbacks. They haven't had a good one since Vince Young. They basically have their pick of the litter in one of the most talented recruiting areas of the country and they continue to throw junk out there every year it seems.

Anyways, I sorta agree with your pick here. I don't necessarily see OU moving the ball up and down the field at will, but Texas will most certainly have a tough time scoring in this one. That Swoopes guy is no good. He has holes in his game all over the place, but the thing that bothers me the most about him is his pocket presence. He has absolutely 0 instincts when guys are closing in on him. Doesn't know when to step up, doesn't know when to scramble. It looks like he started playing quarterback 2 years ago.

Anyways, good luck with your bet. I didn't look seriously at this game given the line at the time was 14.5, but maybe buying the point is worth considering.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

IM FROM AUSTIN AND I KNOW THIS TEXAS TEAM. TEXAS WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME. THEY WILL WEAR DOWN BY THE FORTH Q
    IF THEY DONT GET A QB FOR NEXT YEAR THEY MAY SUCK AGAIN. SWOOPS IS NOT THE FUTURE!

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by KANSAS24 View Post
    IM FROM AUSTIN AND I KNOW THIS TEXAS TEAM. TEXAS WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME. THEY WILL WEAR DOWN BY THE FORTH Q
    IF THEY DONT GET A QB FOR NEXT YEAR THEY MAY SUCK AGAIN. SWOOPS IS NOT THE FUTURE!
    stop yelling. k thanks

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

OK should bone these guys

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    I'll never figure out why Texas has such a hard time finding decent quarterbacks. They haven't had a good one since Vince Young. They basically have their pick of the litter in one of the most talented recruiting areas of the country and they continue to throw junk out there every year it seems.

Anyways, I sorta agree with your pick here. I don't necessarily see OU moving the ball up and down the field at will, but Texas will most certainly have a tough time scoring in this one. That Swoopes guy is no good. He has holes in his game all over the place, but the thing that bothers me the most about him is his pocket presence. He has absolutely 0 instincts when guys are closing in on him. Doesn't know when to step up, doesn't know when to scramble. It looks like he started playing quarterback 2 years ago.

Anyways, good luck with your bet. I didn't look seriously at this game given the line at the time was 14.5, but maybe buying the point is worth considering.
    Things are different now. They don't have pick of litter anymore. Aggies take everyone from them these days. They're no longer the program to watch in Texas. Things have shifted.

They never will be again playing Kansas and Iowa State.

I'm loving every second of it. A texas sporting event is like going to a tennis match. Boring, no noise, pompous.