Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

SEC Is Once Again Dominating College Football

The biggest sign of the SEC dominance is ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI), which has four SEC teams (Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Georgia) taking up all four of the top spots.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sec-onc...170955341.html

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Because its ESPN and they have hard on for SEC

a One loss team in top 4

Sam Odom

Crazy

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Theyve always dominated.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

Sam Odom

Most fans would jump for joy if no SEC team made the 4-team playoff

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Most fans would jump for joy if no SEC team made the 4-team playoff

That won't happen I think one SEC , One Pac 12 , One Big 12 . 4th is up in air at this point

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

FPI huh........ thats cute. Too bad Georgia isn't even a top 15 team and I doubt A&M is a top 10 team either

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sammy is an ESPN guy but he is right

SEC is tough as nails

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Just got off the phone with Walker.

Business as usual.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

SEC WEST alone is the 4 team playoff. Two weeks from now (Oct 4th) will be the biggest weekend in decades for the SEC and college football fans will be treated....

Alabama @ Ole Miss

Texas A&M @ Miss State

LSU @ Auburn

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

the reason the s.e.c. is so good because of no academic standards. Missouri and tex a.m couldn't compete in big 12. all you have to do is make an x for your signature than you are on the team! Just ask james brooks. He couldn't read or write but he graduated from auburn.
    Points Awarded:

redking gave chico2663 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    SEC WEST alone is the 4 team playoff. Two weeks from now (Oct 4th) will be the biggest weekend in decades for the SEC and college football fans will be treated....

Alabama @ Ole Miss

Texas A&M @ Miss State

LSU @ Auburn
    had you seen this

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...otball-playoff

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Yea I heard that one....poor ole Big 10

I just hope the committee allows the 4 'best teams' in at the end. If you follow....Good chance BYU runs the table but even if they do...I'd throw a one loss Baylor in over them if they have a loss to an undefeated Oklahoma etc. Looking so far like even rid of the BCS and computers, this first year of the selection committee will be ripe with controversy too....calls will be to go to a 6 team playoff with all the parity coming

ANd side not..remember us talking a week or so ago about the groupings...told ya one of the 'mississippis' would wreak havoc...LSU downed in Death valley on a Saturday night already to the Bulldogs.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    FPI huh........ thats cute. Too bad Georgia isn't even a top 15 team and I doubt A&M is a top 10 team either
    LOL name 15 or even 10 better than them.....We will see come Bowl season like we always do

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    the reason the s.e.c. is so good because of no academic standards. Missouri and tex a.m couldn't compete in big 12. all you have to do is make an x for your signature than you are on the team! Just ask james brooks. He couldn't read or write but he graduated from auburn.
    Reason the SEC is so good is money and location....And neither is changing anytime soon so do the math

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Kids want to play here, Coaches want to coach here and the Money doesn't stop pouring in.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    LOL name 15 or even 10 better than them.....We will see come Bowl season like we always do
    Oregon
    UCLA
    Stanford
    Oklahoma
    Florida State
    Michigan State
    Baylor

Off the top of my head, teams I would def put ahead of Georgia and probably A&M

TPowell

You people are on crack if you think teams like Auburn and A&M are better than Oregon, Oklahoma, and Stanford

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Oregon
    UCLA
    Stanford
    Oklahoma
    Florida State
    Michigan State
    Baylor

OK name 10 or 15 like you said when you get the chance

I'll give you Oregon, FSU, and Oklahoma......Maybe Baylor

That's it

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

You people are on crack if you think teams like Auburn and A&M are better than Oregon, Oklahoma, and Stanford
    Stanford lost @ home to USC....the same team that got smoked by Boston fukkin College

What are you talking about Stanford???

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

SEC is brutal, winner deserves a spot in the final 4.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Oregon
    UCLA
    Stanford
    Oklahoma
    Florida State
    Michigan State
    Baylor

Your hilariously bad at evaluating college football..

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Yea I heard that one....poor ole Big 10

I just hope the committee allows the 4 'best teams' in at the end. If you follow....Good chance BYU runs the table but even if they do...I'd throw a one loss Baylor in over them if they have a loss to an undefeated Oklahoma etc. Looking so far like even rid of the BCS and computers, this first year of the selection committee will be ripe with controversy too....calls will be to go to a 6 team playoff with all the parity coming

ANd side not..remember us talking a week or so ago about the groupings...told ya one of the 'mississippis' would wreak havoc...LSU downed in Death valley on a Saturday night already to the Bulldogs.

8 teams would be perfect...with all power 5 conf champs, a spot for at least a 2nd sec team, and 2 or 3 "wild cards"...would produce a true champ with almost no room for disagreement. But hey...this is certainly better than what we have had...and I doubt any team with an honest claim to the nc game will be left sitting out. If you are the ducks or the sooners or the bears and so on...just don't lose if you want to be in the playoff. Much as I hate it...this year 2 sec teams most likely will rightly belong in the playoff. The top team or two in each of the other power 5 I feel could play with a top sec team...but there is really no arguing the depth and parity of the sec right now. Coming from a big 12 homer who roots for those guys to knock each other off every week...but true.

chico2663

you would have to include indiana because they just be missouri. Wasn't mizzou supposed to be one of the better teams? Let's not forget last year when alabama was a 2 td favorite over oklahoma because they were the 2nd best team in sec and should of been playing for the title.

chico2663

ACADEMICS! johnny football couldn't qualify as a freshman in the 12 but is an academic all-american in the sec. LMFAO

Vegas39

ACADEMICS! johnny football couldn't qualify as a freshman in the 12 but is an academic all-american in the sec. LMFAO

Academics had zero bearing on why Johnny chose to leave Oregon

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

you would have to include indiana because they just be missouri. Wasn't mizzou supposed to be one of the better teams? Let's not forget last year when alabama was a 2 td favorite over oklahoma because they were the 2nd best team in sec and should of been playing for the title.
    The East is far far from the level the West is on this season. Mizzou was sneaking up on people mainly because of their QBs play but wouldn't say they were favored as one of the better teams. And the OU game, OU was a solid top team alst year no doubt, better than they are this season but remember even after the 'play gate' of Kiffin's consulting before Nuss left from the OC slot - we're seeing a better product now with opening up the play book but if you watched that game and follow Bama it was a 180 from usual game plan and no secret now it was an interview basically for Lane to get the job he has now...Henry and co running crazy all over the Sooners, a defense which was built to stop the passing attacks of the Big 12 and yet Nuss/Saban kept calling for more passing plays in the game and still were within one score before the sack scoop and score of AJ to end the game so its not as if OU dominated them by any means, was a great battle of two top teams. Better to lose a close game to two top 4 teams back to back than to lose to an unranked team any day.

chico2663

i respect alabama and lsu but the rest of the league is junk. answer me this t a.m. and miss. couldn't compete in the 12 but they preform at top of sec. How is this? I'll tell you. The dumbasses that aren't smart enough to play right away in 12 ,pac or 10 can so in s.e.c.. Lsu used to get them from texas but now they will go to a.m. Don't be suprised if lsu coach doesn't jump to michigan if given the chance again.

Sam Odom

Good point , chico... Les Miles ---> Michigan

Vegas39

i respect alabama and lsu but the rest of the league is junk. answer me this t a.m. and miss. couldn't compete in the 12 but they preform at top of sec. How is this? I'll tell you. The dumbasses that aren't smart enough to play right away in 12 ,pac or 10 can so in s.e.c.. Lsu used to get them from texas but now they will go to a.m. Don't be suprised if lsu coach doesn't jump to michigan if given the chance again.
    Its not that A&M has laxed their standards on academics. Its much easier to get recruits to SEC

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Stanford lost @ home to USC....the same team that got smoked by Boston fukkin College

What are you talking about Stanford???
    Your point? Stanford dominated that game and USC is a really good team. One game doesn't change anything you simpleton

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Haters gonna hate.

Going to be the Pac 12 champ, FSU/OU & two SEC teams. One of FSU or OU will get picked off.

One reason the SEC hasn't gone to a 9 game schedule is that they want to be sure the committee is competent enough to take a one loss SEC team over a 1 or 0 loss team from another conference.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Its not that A&M has laxed their standards on academics. Its much easier to get recruits to SEC
    Exactly. And lets be honest, the elite players around the nation are setting themselves up for an NFL future period...If you want to be coached up, play for titles and get exposure to boost your stock, you're signing with the teams that best prepare you for your desired career....the SEC is an NFL factory with a pipeline and network of coaches and GMs as well as Oregon etc. You can find dumb players on every team in the country but if you're sitting in high school right now as a SPARQ 100 recruiting target...which is a better sell for you...4 year degree and a nice $50k-$75k job in four years but you have to give up football which you've focused on your whole life and its your passion vs being an engineer at a construction firm or a branch manager of a local bank in a few years...or get the same degree to fall back on while playing in the finest facilities in the country and being groomed for a shot at millions in your first few years out of school and then if you retire in 6 years, come back to get a masters in desired field etc and live that life later.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

Vegas39

Exactly. And lets be honest, the elite players around the nation are setting themselves up for an NFL future period...If you want to be coached up, play for titles and get exposure to boost your stock, you're signing with the teams that best prepare you for your desired career....the SEC is an NFL factory with a pipeline and network of coaches and GMs as well as Oregon etc. You can find dumb players on every team in the country but if you're sitting in high school right now as a SPARQ 100 recruiting target...which is a better sell for you...4 year degree and a nice $50k-$75k job in four years but you have to give up football which you've focused on your whole life and its your passion vs being an engineer at a construction firm or a branch manager of a local bank in a few years...or get the same degree to fall back on while playing in the finest facilities in the country and being groomed for a shot at millions in your first few years out of school and then if you retire in 6 years, come back to get a masters in desired field etc and live that life later.
    Great post

chico2663

a m has definately laxed their academic standards. personally know a kid a m wasn't recruiting til they went into s.e.c. Was a sophomore last yr they were in 12. Told his family they didn't think they could get him qualified, They recruited him hard as a sr. and gave him a scholarship.

123 Last