agnam99
    agnam99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Need advice on hedging parlay!!

Hey guys been reading these forums for few years but finally posting first time. Need some advice. Parlayed 4 ML dogs today(Virginia, w. Virginia, east Carolina. Texas). But the more I look at Texas, the more I don't like. Laid 50 down to win 5k. Should I let it ride or how should I hedge. Any advice I would appreciate!

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i would put 5grand on UCLA money line(not joking), its your best bet to make money today. basically your 50 dollar parlay bet that pays out huge is insurance for you in case texas pulls an unlikely upset. wish i was in your shoes.

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by agnam99 View Post
    Hey guys been reading these forums for few years but finally posting first time. Need some advice. Parlayed 4 ML dogs today(Virginia, w. Virginia, east Carolina. Texas). But the more I look at Texas, the more I don't like. Laid 50 down to win 5k. Should I let it ride or how should I hedge. Any advice I would appreciate!

Absolutely heck yes.. You'd literally be a moron if you didn't hedge this bet. At least get yourself 2500 Profit.

PhilTheTHRILL

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    i would put 5grand on UCLA money line(not joking), its your best bet to make money today. basically your 50 dollar parlay bet that pays out huge is insurance for you in case texas pulls an unlikely upset. wish i was in your shoes.
    This doesnt make much sense to me.. Him Betting 5K on UCLA ML.. If UCLA loses.. he just breaks even.. no point to me.

OILGUY16
    OILGUY16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

UCLA ML is around -300, so I'd put 3000 on it.
    If Texas wins you win 2k, if UCLA wins you'll win 1k.
    Not bad for a $50 investment

PhilTheTHRILL

Quote Originally Posted by OILGUY16 View Post
    This makes more sense.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Quote Originally Posted by OILGUY16 View Post

UCLA has some question marks after beating Virginia and Memphis by much closer margins than should've ever occurred, but Texas was a total disaster in last week's 41-7 home loss to BYU. QB David Ash is out indefinitely due to repeated concussions, leaving Tyrone Swoopes as the starter. Texas ranks 115th in total offense, but UCLA ranks 97th in total defense.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheTHRILL View Post
    This doesnt make much sense to me.. Him Betting 5K on UCLA ML.. If UCLA loses.. he just breaks even.. no point to me.
    yes he could break even. i'll take the GUARANTEED risk of breaking even any day when you put 5k on a bet. but if you want a stress free guaranteed profitable bet do what oil guy said.

Jampiece
    wtf is a status
    Jampiece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1166

Not sure on the odds you're getting but looks like it should be somewhere around -380 for the Navy ML. If your looking for an even hedge a wager of 4000 on the Navy ML nets you 1000 either way.

If you really feel your not going to win your original bet then max out at 5k on Navy ML. No risk and you come up around 1250 for a favorite win.

If you want to let it ride and try to cash with as little investment as possible and go for the big win. You can throw 380(or your line) on the Navy ML. Guaranteeing a 50 win and possible cashing the 5000 and losing the hedge bet.

So it comes down to bankroll and risk vs reward. Good luck and congrats on having this problem.

EDIT: I didn't realize we were talking Texas Longhorns and just defaulted to Texas State for some reason. Even better though

agnam99

Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice! Prolly hedge 3k like oilguy suggested. Needed someone to talk me off the ledge before I let it ride and come away with nothing lol. Good luck guys!

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

99% you come up with nothing if you don't hedge

agnam99

Well guys I got greedy. HOOK EM HORNS!!!

GoBlue77

you wait for Hundley to go down before posting that lol. things look HIGHLY in your favor but not hedging at all, thats supremely stupid

GoBlue77

and thats why you hedge. just cost yourself almost 2 grand, yikes man