BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Houston Nutt and text messaging....

Kind of wish I had this type of info before I bet ARK in the Capital One Bowl this past season. What a joke...clearly Nutt was not focused and it showed.

Arkansas coach Nutt addresses speculation in open letter

April 17, 2007

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Arkansas football coach Houston Nutt said in an open letter Tuesday that Razorback fans who obtained records regarding his school-issued cell phone and suggested he had an improper relationship with a woman were spreading "unfounded gossip" that had hurt his wife.

Cell phone records obtained by fans and media under Arkansas' Freedom of Information Act showed that Nutt exchanged text messages with the cell phone of a female television news anchor more than 1,000 times over a six-week period, including once just 19 minutes before the start of the Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1.

Nutt said his correspondence was appropriate communication with a friend and colleague, some of it about her work for a nonprofit organization with which he is involved. "Any allegation or suggestion that our professional and personal friendship or involvement goes beyond that is false, careless, and purposefully vindictive," Nutt wrote.

The material obtained has not indicated what any of the text messages said. The coach, under fire after the departures of a popular assistant coach and freshman quarterback Mitch Mustain, said he would have released the texts but that the phone company had informed his lawyer they were not available.

Other information obtained under the FOI law reportedly noted contact among Houston Nutt, his brother and running backs coach Danny Nutt and family friend Teresa Prewett on the day Mustain received a harsh e-mail from Prewett. The head coach gave Prewett an official reprimand and barred her from the sidelines during games after the letter was traced to her.

"Once again, for the record, I had no prior knowledge of that e-mail and promptly reprimanded Ms. Prewett when I learned of the correspondence," Nutt wrote Tuesday. "I have respect for Mitch Mustain and wish him the very best in the future."

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Tuesday that last month Mustain himself requested Nutt's telephone records, along with those of Danny Nutt and athletic director Frank Broyles.

Nutt's letter was e-mailed to the media by Arkansas sports information director Kevin Trainor.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like to know what Mitch Mustain's might have said.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

heard about this today as well...thanks for posting it buddy...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heres the latest on this story double B.

Man files appeal over e-mail to ex-Hogs QB Mustain

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- A Montgomery County man has appealed a judge's dismissal of his lawsuit against University of Arkansas officials over an e-mail critical of Mitch Mustain and asked the state's highest court to order the school to preserve the messages about the former Arkansas quarterback.

John David Terry of Mount Ida filed a motion for accelerated appeal and preservation of evidence late Thursday with the state Supreme Court. Washington County Circuit Judge Mark Lindsay dismissed Terry's lawsuit against university Chancellor John White and university system president B. Alan Sugg, calling the case "meritless."

Terry claimed public money was misused because White had Arkansas football coach Houston Nutt investigate the e-mail. Terry's lawsuit alleged that White should not have had Nutt investigate the e-mail because it was sent to Mustain by Razorbacks booster Teresa Prewett, a friend of Nutt's family.

Mustain started eight games for the Razorbacks last season, but left the team after offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, his former high school coach at Springdale, left Arkansas to take a job at Tulsa. Mustain is now at Southern California.

Mustain's departure contributed to a firestorm in Arkansas. Nutt eventually gave Prewett an official reprimand and barred her from the sidelines during games. He has said he did not initially know about the e-mail.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

dan,

I believe you have two different stories mixed up...Nutt text messaging the female newspaper reporter thousands of times(while still being married) and this email story are two seperate issues...thanks for the update anyway though...