tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Mizzou vs. Toledo

I haven't seen anyone chatting about this game. I don't know a thing about Toledo, but a 6.5 point line? Can anyone offer some insight on this one? I'm a small unit guy (that's what she said), but thinking about hitting it hard.

Thanks

carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

I like Mizzou -6'. They beat Toledo 38-23 last year at home (line was -16'). Toledo is one of the better MAC teams and have a good experienced o-line. LB Junior Sylvestre is the best on D, they play a 4-2-5 defense. Toledo is an uptempo team and can put up points. Question is AL transfer Phillip Ely at QB. Last year they had a good QB and not sure what Ely will do against an SEC defense. Missouri has Maty Mauk at QB with experience from last year and I think he will play well this year. They may not match last years success in the SEC (+16 in turnovers helped!) but I think they will cover -6' against Toledo whose d-line goes 260, 290,285 and 245lbs. Mizzou o-line is 315,320,315,310 and 305. RB Hansbrough had 4td's in first game and averaged 6.0 yds/carry last year.Line makers rarely make mistakes but I think the line will rise and I like getting it under a key # of 7.

Just my opinion-GL!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Already got Mizzou -6.5

I think line will jump to 7.5, maybe 8 by the time saturday rolls around.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Dropped down to -4.5 now

carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

Line is now -4'. Not sure why but it is early on the week

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Jesus christ. I clearly know nothing.

Now going to be swating my fukkin -6.5

FACK.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Mizzou. Even if you lose at -4 or -4.5... at least you know you can swallow a loss. Betting on Toledo and seeing Mizzou kill them would make me feel like an idiot haha. Im sure this one will be close but either Mizzou or nothing for me.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    Mizzou. Even if you lose at -4 or -4.5... at least you know you can swallow a loss. Betting on Toledo and seeing Mizzou kill them would make me feel like an idiot haha. Im sure this one will be close but either Mizzou or nothing for me.
    Lol or if you're not sure, we could just leave it alone. Id feel like an idiot if Im on the losing side regardless if its Mizzou and or Toledo lol

Stelio Kontos
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacapper View Post
    Line is now -4'. Not sure why but it is early on the week
    Syndicate moving the line to get Mizzou at the best price maybe. How many 5 figure bets does it take to move the line this early in the week?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I took Mizzou -3 (-138) for quite a bit. If the line doesn't go up, we are fvkked I'm afraid.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I took this at 6.5 and NW at 5 when they came out. This went down to 4 and NW went up to 7. Kind of evens out I suppose. I still like my play, but the movement is concerning

on_point
    on_point's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Looks too easy doesnt it? Not sure on this one. GL

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Thanks for the write-up, Carolina.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tough game to figure. Mizzou is facing a MAC team, but I just have this gut feeling that something is not kosher about this game. Pass for now.

Devin22
    Devin22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh my. The game is at 12 noon in Toledo, OH. Not good for Mizzou. Going to be close.

Devin22
    Devin22's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you took Mizzou already, you might want to hedge a bit and sprinkle a little on the Money Line for Toledo. Or just roll the dice on your bet.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

I like Toledo. The opening line of 6.5 was set to entice Mizzou action... The Rockets won't be a pushover in this game, live dog here for sure. I was waiting for the line to reach 7, but clearly that backfired.

Toledo is a fairly talented team, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They return four of five starters on the OL, including guard Greg Mancz, who is a pro prospect. They have an abundance of speed and depth at WR, and a talented RB in Kareem Hunt who rushed for 866 yards last year, in a backup role, at 6.3 yards a carry.

The defense gave up a lot of yards last year, but return 10 starters, including six players who garnered all-conference recognition. Despite the ho-hum stats, they are capable of playmaking, evident by the 34 sacks last year in 12 games.

I remember watching last year's match-up between these teams, in Columbia MO, and it was tightly contested. Toledo was hanging with, and even outplaying, Missouri for a good portion of the game. A long interception returned for a touchdown by the Tigers really swung this game, but it was a lot closer than the final score of 38-23 would indicate.

Now the Rockets get Mizzou on their home field, in a game I imagine they will bring more fire and motivation into than their opponent, who are liable to show up with that puffed up "big boy conference" attitude. I hate the fact that the number dropped, but I still may make a play here on Toledo. For me, it's either Toledo or nothing.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Maty Mauk all day

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Maty Mauk all day
    Great analysis... I think I may have changed my mind now.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Great analysis... I think I may have changed my mind now.
    Mizzou cleary with the QB advantage, QB play is a big factor, just like a starting pitcher in baseball.

Eddy Munny

No thanks Heiny..... still Toledo or nothing, for me.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I like Toledo. The opening line of 6.5 was set to entice Mizzou action... The Rockets won't be a pushover in this game, live dog here for sure. I was waiting for the line to reach 7, but clearly that backfired.

Toledo is a fairly talented team, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They return four of five starters on the OL, including guard Greg Mancz, who is a pro prospect. They have an abundance of speed and depth at WR, and a talented RB in Kareem Hunt who rushed for 866 yards last year, in a backup role, at 6.3 yards a carry.

The defense gave up a lot of yards last year, but return 10 starters, including six players who garnered all-conference recognition. Despite the ho-hum stats, they are capable of playmaking, evident by the 34 sacks last year in 12 games.

I remember watching last year's match-up between these teams, in Columbia MO, and it was tightly contested. Toledo was hanging with, and even outplaying, Missouri for a good portion of the game. A long interception returned for a touchdown by the Tigers really swung this game, but it was a lot closer than the final score of 38-23 would indicate.

Now the Rockets get Mizzou on their home field, in a game I imagine they will bring more fire and motivation into than their opponent, who are liable to show up with that puffed up "big boy conference" attitude. I hate the fact that the number dropped, but I still may make a play here on Toledo. For me, it's either Toledo or nothing.

still a brand new QB for Toledo. They are very deep at the skill positions and brought back a lot on the OL though

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I gotta go square here and say that a MAC team is not going to be able to cover against a team that almost won the SEC last year!!

There's parity this year, but not THAT much.

ConsistenT LucK
    ConsistenT LucK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Going to stay away from this game. I have been following Toledo the past two years and they are impressive.

I want to make a play on Missouri but my gut is telling me I will regret it.

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

RAS hit both of those sides. Thats the reason for huge move.

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I took this at 6.5 and NW at 5 when they came out. This went down to 4 and NW went up to 7. Kind of evens out I suppose. I still like my play, but the movement is concerning
    Points Awarded:

Stelio Kontos gave gambler705 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by gambler705 View Post
    RAS hit both of those sides. Thats the reason for huge move.
    makes me feel alot better it was those clowns and not multiple syndicates

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

FFF had released Toledo as a pick on Monday

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by possum11 View Post
    FFF had released Toledo as a pick on Monday
    who?

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Just a thought: I watched the Mizzou-S Dakota game (wife has already served papers on the SEC Network) and SD was in that game even though their starting QB went out early.

True that Mizzou beat Toledo by 16 at home last year, but it seems like they've lost a lot more than Toledo.