carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

First time posting picks, small timer but love the action as a hobby. All plays are 1u, using 5d lines. IMO the best threads are transparent, keep accurate records and contribute useful info. I hope to do the same.

#1-ULMonroe +145 ML (8/8)
    #2-Georgia U58 (8/1)
    #3-UNC-Charlotte -17 (8/11)

UL Monroe won 21-19 last year at Wake, getting the W when Wake dropped a TD pass on the last play of the game. Wake opens up with a new head coach, Dave Clawson, new D scheme 4-2-5 and a FR QB John Wohlford. ULM lost Browning as QB but starts Pete Thomas who transferred from NC State, should be capable. Their strength is in WR's and they bring back entire starting D-Line and two LB's.

Clemson and Georgia have been discussed in other posts so all I'll say is I jumped on the under early and like my number.

UNC-Charlotte is in their second year of football and beat Campbell 52-7 last year at home. Campbell does not award athletic scholarships and UNC-C has 85 scholarship players. Campbell is 0-8 against scholarship teams, losing by an average of 43-17. I simply believe the talent mis-match is greater than 17 points, even on the road

GL to all!
    Last edited by carolinacapper; 08-29-14 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Numbering plays for record-keeping

carolinacapper

2-0 so far +2.45U. Looking to add a game tonight

GL to all

carolinacapper

Didn't add any games last night.Today I'm going with Ohio St -14 (-102). Ohio St has a solid d-line with only Noah Spence missing 1st 2 games due to suspension. The secondary is unproven but shouldn't be exposed against a team like Navy who is not expected to pass much. On offense the QB Barrett is taking over and I expect some high-percentage short passes to help him gain confidence. They have the speed that could take a 5yd hitch route and break it for a TD. I feel the Buckeyes will cover but I felt at -14 it was definitely a good pick. We'll see...

#4 Ohio St -14 (-102)

carolinacapper

Also looking at Montana/Wyoming game- some crazy line movement today...went Wyoming -8' last night to -4' now. Not sure what is up.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

What's up carcapp?? I just wanted to say good luck this season, I will be tailing ya for awhile

Thanks for the work in advance man, best of luck sir!!!

carolinacapper

Thanks Dmoney-I tail you some in tennis and made some $$$!

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like we might have to sweat through deep into the 2H till OSU gets their shit together

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Looks like we might have to sweat through deep into the 2H till OSU gets their shit together
    A lead at half would be nice... And thanks carcapp, been off the tennis awhile posting, but glad I could help in the past...

Hope we get it rollin today, OSU needs a TD drive coming up...

killawookie

If they allow Navy to score a TD with 2 mins left.. the spread might as well be dead.

OSU racking up every type of penalty and close replay call loss they can. This should be a blow out
    Last edited by killawookie; 08-30-14 at 12:27 PM.

carolinacapper

I still feel OSU will pull this out. Urban should tear them a new one in the locker room. Can't believe OSU is so soft! Hopefully they'll come out and use their size and speed to dominate, even with B. Miller this team would have issues...

killawookie

Good game.. I'm already tired of hearing 'replay official' OSU def is non existant

carolinacapper

#5 Montana +6

Gonna play with house money here since OSU was lucky cover. Montana faces Wyoming with a new head coach and totally unproved QB Kirkgaard. They are a power running team with young o-line and special teams are a concern. Montana is a power in FCS and protect the ball turning it over 14 times last year compared to 24 for Wyoming.

carolinacapper

Updated record

#1 UL-Monroe ML +145 W
    #2 Clem/Ga u58 L
    # 3 UNC-Charlotte -17 W
    #4 Ohio St -14 W
    #5 Montana +6 W

4-1 +3.35u
    Last edited by carolinacapper; 08-30-14 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Update

carolinacapper

Pulled one out with Montana, lucky that Wyoming turned it over twice that cost them points. Was leaning Wiscy but too late to get a good number so I'm done for today. Just gonna watch a good game and enjoy.

carolinacapper

Just got TENN -3 (-115) I think the Vols can handle Keeton, especially if AJ Johnson and Curt Meggit can step up for Vols D. Look out for Marquez North on offense for the vols

carolinacapper

Vols looking good so far. Looking forward to next week, Pitt -4' , Air Force +1 and Wash St -2 are games I need to look at more

carolinacapper

Updated record

#1 UL-Monroe ML +145 W
    #2 Clem/Ga u58 L
    # 3 UNC-Charlotte -17 W
    #4 Ohio St -14 W
    #5 Montana +6 W
    #6 Tenn -3 W

5-1 +4.35

#7 Pitt -4' vs BC (-110)

Pitt comes off a 62-0 win against Delaware and BC beat UMass 30-7. I expect this number to climb up to maybe Pitt -7. BC has been down the last few years, but coach Steve Addazio has them going in the right direction. One concern is they have 42 new players on the roster this year, led by QB Tyler Murphy. He transferred from FL Gators and is mobile, rushing for 113 yds against Del. His passing accuracy is not great however. Myles Willis and Tyler Rouse are his best targets, but they will definitely miss Heisman finalist Andre Williams in the backfield. I feel their offense is still a work in progress,

Pitt has HC Paul Chryst back for a 3rd year, QB Chad Voytik was a top recruit and is capable. Tyler Boyd is expected to play despite injuring a finger against Del. James Connor had a big game last week, rushing for 4 TD's and is a solid RB that should have success against a young BC d-line. Overall, I feel Pitt is on the rise and could cover the 4' easily even on the road.

GL to all

carolinacapper

Two picks I like for next week are Pitt -4' against BC and Missouri -6' at Toledo.

Missouri beat SDKST last week 38-18 but didn't cover the -26. This week they travel to Toledo to play the Rockets who beat UNH 54-20.
    Toledo has 10 starters returning on D, including All-MAC LB Junior Sylvestre. They have experience but will be tested against a big Mizzou O-Line that averages 6'5" 305lbs. Toledo plays an up-tempo offense and has Alabama transfer QB Phillip Ely. He had a good game against UNH but they are not an SEC defense. I feel he will struggle against Mizzou. Maty Mauk has experience and loses several skill players but I feel he will be effective and RB Hansbrough will have a good game running behind the big O-Line.

#7 Pitt -4'
    #8 Missouri -6'

YTD - 5-1 +4.35

GL to all

carolinacapper

S Ala vs Kent St opened at PK... now see S Ala -3. Gonna take a look at this one

2dime reverse
    2dime reverse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

nice start to the year, keep it up!

carolinacapper

Thanks 2dime! Regression is a bitch though...

Dmoneytx

Missouri at BetOnline is now at -3.5...

Any idea why the line moved almost 3 points???

Just giving you a heads up, already locked in Pitt ML @ -199 yest..

I'll check back later after work, have a nice day...

carolinacapper

I was surprised line moved that much. My thinking is that Toledo brings back 16 starters, including 4 on O-line and Mizzou brings back only 8. What I've read is that Toledo O-line is really strong and should hold up well against a Mizzou D-Line that is unproven. Also, Toledo has done well against "Big 5" conference opponents in recent years, especially at home. It seems like Toledo is a "trendy" pick but I still like Mizzou here. I'm not sold on Toledo QB Phillip Ely and I like Maty Mauk better (14-2 TD/INT ration). Toledo has starting CB Cheatj Norrils out with knee and I feel that weakens the D. Also, Mizzou has a knack for creating turnovers and I think this will continue in this game. My hope is that after the emotion of playing at home wears off for Toledo the Mizzou Tigers wear them down and get the cover.

Dmoneytx

Thanks for the reply carcapp! I'm still rolling with Mizz with you...

GREAT hit on Pitt tonight!!! I cashed that one easy man, thanks

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Thanks for the reply carcapp! I'm still rolling with Mizz with you...

GREAT hit on Pitt tonight!!! I cashed that one easy man, thanks
    STFU pusszy, celebrating in another poster thread when the game is not over, fuckk you and your bitch ass -199 ml plays

WallyDynamite
    WallyDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Glad to see another carolina capper in here!
    Mizzou is solid. One of the first picks I was drawn to when i got a look. I dont see Toledo being able to hang with Mizzou period...

I havent seen much about Purdue on here. Nobody liking them??

carolinacapper

Thanks DMoney- and haven't looked into Perdue. I am leaning S ALA vs Kent St.

carolinacapper

Updated Record

#1 UL-Monroe ML +145 W
    #2 Clem/Ga u58 L
    # 3 UNC-Charlotte -17 W
    #4 Ohio St -14 W
    #5 Montana +6 W
    #6 Tenn -3 W
    #7 Pitt -4' W

6-1 +5.35u

Pending
    #8 Mizzou -6'
    #9 South Alabama -3 (-105)
    #10 Clemson/SC State over 56' (-120)

GL to all!

LtDarsh
    LtDarsh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4029

tailing you on south Alabama

carolinacapper

Afternoon games looking good so far, no sweat on SC State/Clemson over. Like those kind of games! Looking at some late games, Mich/ND leaning Mich, Air Force/Wyoming leaning Air Force and UNC/ SD leaning UNC but have to study up on these.

GL to all!

spearkl29
    spearkl29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2316

Tailing

Like the way you are thinking Carolina. Tailing you...Cheers!

carolinacapper

Updated Record

#1 UL-Monroe ML +145 W
    #2 Clem/Ga u58 L
    # 3 UNC-Charlotte -17 W
    #4 Ohio St -14 W
    #5 Montana +6 W
    #6 Tenn -3 W
    #7 Pitt -4' W
    #8 Mizzou -6' W
    #9 South Alabama -3 (-105) W
    #10 Clemson/SC State over 56' (-120) W

9-1 + 8.35u

Gonna finish up with #11 UNC -14 (-120/bought 1/2 pt) and Air Force -1 (-110)

I think UNC will score enough points to cover. Their O and D line are concerns but they have plenty of firepower with Marquise Williams at QB, TJ Logan and Elijah Hood at RB. Hood is a beast and Williams is a true dual threat. The Aztecs have a young secondary and LB group and should give up big plays. Plus the fact of cross-country travel for SDSU and I think they will give up lots of points.

I'm fading Wyoming again here, Air Force will be a much improved team from last year and Wyoming did not impress in a 17-12 win against FCS Montana. QB Kirkgaard is weak and they rely on a power running game. I think the line has gone from Wyoming -1 to Air Force -1 for a reason. At one time it was Air Force -2' and might climb back up from -1 so I got it now.

GL to all!

Dmoneytx

Great stuff carrcap!! I was gone all day yesterday, so I didn't have a chance to thank you for the plays yest...

Nailed the Mizz play, you were so dead on that play, awesome... Also had the S Ala parlayed with BYU (my brothers POD), so that was great. I never got on yesterday, so I missed the two late plays or I would of played them...

Great start to the year man. I will be tailing you all season. Win OR lose, thanks for all the hard work that goes into doing this

carolinacapper

Thanks DMoney. I'm glad you missed my last 2! Air Force lost but don't think it was a bad pick. Was way off on UNC, Last year I had a rule that I would fade any team ranked #18-25 that was -10 more. It worked well last year and I should have done it again this year...oh well, can't complain. Regression is coming but at least I got off to a good start to the year.

carolinacapper

Updated Record

#1 UL-Monroe ML +145 W
    #2 Clem/Ga u58 L
    # 3 UNC-Charlotte -17 W
    #4 Ohio St -14 W
    #5 Montana +6 W
    #6 Tenn -3 W
    #7 Pitt -4' W
    #8 Mizzou -6' W