BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Cfb 2014

Will be tracking all plays here. 2 units probably will be my standard play once the season gets going, but think i'll be limiting Week One plays to 1 unit. Big Ten is my conference, so that will be my primary focus, but also SEC, PAC-12 and MAC. i also have certain teams that i plan to look to back and others that i plan to look to fade.

All plays -110 unless otherwise noted.

Remember, the apostrophe = the hook. So, 47' is 47.5.

BOL to everyone this season. Let's get it.

BiffTFinancial

CFB Week One
    1* Vanderbilt team total under 32
    1* Rutgers/Washington State over 63 (-105)
    1* Colorado State/Colorado under 59 (-105)
    1* Ohio U/Kent State under 47'

BiffTFinancial

Also, one unit = one Leo™ Diamond

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Great to see you Biff! Good luck! I'll be tailing!

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Woot, woot! Git r done brother!

i may have a thread up and running with mostly SEC stuff. If not I will pop in here with SEC knowledge.

BOL

Go Dawgs!
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 08-28-14 at 05:47 AM.

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Good to see ya again, Biff. Best of luck this season...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

gl this season brother..

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Good luck, sir!
    Coffee cans fulla cash!

SilverTongueFox

Biff, I liked the under in the A&M/SCarolina when the total was around 57. How do I not play it sitting at 61.
    First, great way to kick off season with ca huge onference match up
    Both teams breaking in new starting qb's. This lends itself to more conservative play calling at least early to give qb's a chance to settle in.
    Neither team wants to take a conference loss right off bat. Won't take many shots downfield. Can't turn it over.
    Ol Ball coach has one of the better backs in country. He ain't afraid to ride his horse.
    Both have enough talent on D just need to be good tacklers as I see a lot of short passes & running plays in this one.
    Unless there are turnovers, huge special teams plays I don't see this getting close to the current total.
    to add, it'll be 90 and humid.
    I'm thinking 27-20 SCarolina type game.

What are your thoughts UCLA laying 3tds traveling across country for 12pm local time kick. It'll be 9am back in LA. I was thinking about fading UCLA next week after traveling but it's Memphis. Hell with that! I know UVA ain't that good but they recruit better than they play. Playing for Londoms job. Top 5/Top 10 team coming to Charlottesville maybe they step up and cover (no way they win) but make it a ballge for at least 2 1/2 qtrs. might be worth a shot. A lot of people talking about UCLA. Putting them in the playoff. These kids read everything. Maybe it's going to their heads. It's been a long time since UCLA has been the team to beat in LA. Can they play good football with such high expectations. UVA won't trip them up but can they give UCLA a scare for a while. Just maybe.......discuss
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 08-28-14 at 03:32 PM.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Good to find the thread Biff!

The Rutgers total down to 61....what do you think of Rutgers +7' and +250?

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to see ya, Biff. One of SBR's finest, indeed. BOL on your plays!

May i ask what specifically u like about the Vandy TT play? I'm pretty interested in it. Thanks

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

GL Biff

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

GL Biff...nice 2 see ya back @ it bro~been looking 4ward to this thread

BiffTFinancial

adding

1* Virginia +21
    1* Rice +21
    1* Arkansas +18'
    1* Florida State -18

CFB Week One updated card
    1* Vanderbilt TT under 32 - WINNER
    1* Rutgers/Washington State over 63 (-105) - WINNER
    1* Colorado State/Colorado under 59 (-105)
    1* Ohio U/Kent State under 47'
    1* Virginia +21
    1* Rice +21
    1* Arkansas +18'
    1* Florida State -18

BiffTFinancial

Sorry i wasn't around yesterday to discuss games (real world obligations), and thanks to everyone for stopping by - i appreciate it and normally i will be more responsive as discussion is the entire point of the thread.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Biff, I liked the under in the A&M/SCarolina when the total was around 57. How do I not play it sitting at 61.
    First, great way to kick off season with ca huge onference match up
    Both teams breaking in new starting qb's. This lends itself to more conservative play calling at least early to give qb's a chance to settle in.
    Neither team wants to take a conference loss right off bat. Won't take many shots downfield. Can't turn it over.
    Ol Ball coach has one of the better backs in country. He ain't afraid to ride his horse.
    Both have enough talent on D just need to be good tacklers as I see a lot of short passes & running plays in this one.
    Unless there are turnovers, huge special teams plays I don't see this getting close to the current total.
    to add, it'll be 90 and humid.
    I'm thinking 27-20 SCarolina type game.

What are your thoughts UCLA laying 3tds traveling across country for 12pm local time kick. It'll be 9am back in LA. I was thinking about fading UCLA next week after traveling but it's Memphis. Hell with that! I know UVA ain't that good but they recruit better than they play. Playing for Londoms job. Top 5/Top 10 team coming to Charlottesville maybe they step up and cover (no way they win) but make it a ballge for at least 2 1/2 qtrs. might be worth a shot. A lot of people talking about UCLA. Putting them in the playoff. These kids read everything. Maybe it's going to their heads. It's been a long time since UCLA has been the team to beat in LA. Can they play good football with such high expectations. UVA won't trip them up but can they give UCLA a scare for a while. Just maybe.......discuss
    Morning, STF. hoping you didn't play TAMU/SC under, but guessing you probably did. crazy game. i never would've foreseen that kind of scoring.

i like UVA a lot, and not just because they are one of my teams. the start time, the travel, the fact that London will be coaching with his back against the wall from the start of the season. just like UCLA's players read the press clippings, so do UVA's. they know that they are playing for this guy's job, and fortunately, they probably like him and want to play for him (guys i knew who played for London at W&M loved him; he's definitely a player's coach). UVA has some ability on the defensive side of the ball - a big problem last year was that the offense was so putrid that the defense often was put in bad spots and on the field a ton. with time to prepare, i think that UVA's defense should be able to limit the Bruin offense enough to make it a two-score game rather than the three-plus score game that they'd need to beat us with our +21.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    gl this season brother..
    Bank, you're back! Great to see you, brotha. hope that all is well with you - i've been a little concerned that you might have run into trouble out rioting in Ferguson, heh heh. don't be a stranger - i'm pretty much focusing on CFB this season and will largely be tailing guys like yourself and pacocn in NFL.

oh, and one point that is obvious: fade Masterson every chance you can down the stretch. he is not right physically, never was all season, and it will hurt him (esp with umps with narrow strike zones).

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Good to find the thread Biff!

The Rutgers total down to 61....what do you think of Rutgers +7' and +250?
    hope that you played the over, but really hoping that you played the ML!

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    Good to see ya, Biff. One of SBR's finest, indeed. BOL on your plays!

May i ask what specifically u like about the Vandy TT play? I'm pretty interested in it. Thanks
    very sorry that didn't respond to this yesterday. obviously, it's easy after the fact to pat myself on the back and justify the play based upon what actually happened. i liked both Temple and under a lot, so Vandy TT under was obvious angle. in addition to my numbers leaning that way, a simple way to explain my rationale is (a) James Franklin an outstanding coach, and we're about to see how Vandy adjusts to playing under Mason (there will be some growing pains), (b) QB uncertainty, and (c) Vandy wouldn't need to score 32 to beat Temple, and that they'd grind the clock in the second half with a lead. two of those things were correct, but the third was not. fortunately, it didn't matter given that Temple only scored 7 points and that was on a fumbled punt snap by Temple.

i did not see Vandy's offense being this bad, and i don't think that their offensive problems are fixable in one week. they will struggle against Ole Miss next week, but two very winnable games in three weeks after that (UMass W3, Kentucky W5), i'd expect that one of the QBs (probably Robinette) will take the reins and have a chance to lead this offense, find a rhythm and be successful. we'll see, but right now, Vandy is unbackable.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Great to see you Biff! Good luck! I'll be tailing!
    thanks, BOL to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by inZane View Post
    Good to see ya again, Biff. Best of luck this season...

you too brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    Good luck, sir!
    Coffee cans fulla cash!
    smokin pines and movin lines

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    GL Biff
    you too, Tommy. how's married life treating you? hope that all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    GL Biff...nice 2 see ya back @ it bro~been looking 4ward to this thread
    good to see you too, upscope. BOL this year.

BiffTFinancial

will likely play Utah State plus the points on Sunday, but going to wait to see if i can get a better line.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

not bad at all...ha

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Have a great year Biff. Should be fun. I haven't done much with football yet so I'll be looking here for information from you and a good bunch of contributors.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    hope that you played the over, but really hoping that you played the ML!
    I did! Both of em...would you like to know the reason though? I am less than 5 mins from where they play their home games and I also get a lot of business from the university...lol. But I am not a fan/homer so won't be doing it on a reg basis and throwing away money!

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

maybe i should start using the '

it looks very professional

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    maybe i should start using the '

it looks very professional
    Agreed. You think that Billy Walters and RAS sit around writing ".5" all day? I don't.

In the immortal words of Prop Joe (God rest): "Look the part, be the part, muthafucka."

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Rick22 View Post
    Have a great year Biff. Should be fun. I haven't done much with football yet so I'll be looking here for information from you and a good bunch of contributors.
    Hey, Rick, great to see you pal. As always, I will have a close eye on what's doing in Madison. QB play and defensive front replacements will be key.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I did! Both of em...would you like to know the reason though? I am less than 5 mins from where they play their home games and I also get a lot of business from the university...lol. But I am not a fan/homer so won't be doing it on a reg basis and throwing away money!
    Piscatawinners!

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

Agreed. You think that Billy Walters and RAS sit around writing ".5" all day? I don't.

In the immortal words of Prop Joe (God rest): "Look the part, be the part, muthafucka."
    Got to use the "x" been using it since I was a teenager. 3x is so clean

WAHOOS
    WAHOOS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1632

I love that you love UVA... but I'm big on UCLA -21 and UVA TT under 17. Of course a lot of it is emotional hedge, poor gambling, etc. whatever.

I'll be at the game. Go hoos.

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

Best of luck to you Biffer. I have no idea what you see in my Hogs to take the 18', but I trust you're onto something.I'm just going to turn on the SEC network and endure three+ hours of pain.
    Last edited by Razorbacks1; 08-29-14 at 12:38 PM.

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by Razorbacks1 View Post
    Best of luck to you Biffer. I have no idea what you see in my Hogs to take the 18', but I trust you're onto something.I'm just going to turn on the SEC network and endure three+ hours of pain.
    Weather tomorrow will slow this one down. Talk to my buddy on the plains and Gus is being tight lipped on Marshall. At some point he will come in. He's already an average passer and with the chance for heavy rain he will struggle throwing it. This plays into Arky's gameplan. Shorten the game with a lot of running plays both teams. Don't see how Arky can get a W but think it's closer than most people think. Sneaky pick Biff brother. I may have to tail you here. Gonna watch the weather and probably bet it at KO depending a weather though.

If it were a beautiful Aug day I'd have to take the WardamnEagle. Bilema been running his mouth too much. Gus wants to stomp a mud hole in his arse. However it won't happen this year not under bad weather conditions.

BOL Razor. See you in Fayetteville on 10/18. Go dawgs!

GurleyforHeisman

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

very sorry that didn't respond to this yesterday. obviously, it's easy after the fact to pat myself on the back and justify the play based upon what actually happened. i liked both Temple and under a lot, so Vandy TT under was obvious angle. in addition to my numbers leaning that way, a simple way to explain my rationale is (a) James Franklin an outstanding coach, and we're about to see how Vandy adjusts to playing under Mason (there will be some growing pains), (b) QB uncertainty, and (c) Vandy wouldn't need to score 32 to beat Temple, and that they'd grind the clock in the second half with a lead. two of those things were correct, but the third was not. fortunately, it didn't matter given that Temple only scored 7 points and that was on a fumbled punt snap by Temple.

i did not see Vandy's offense being this bad, and i don't think that their offensive problems are fixable in one week. they will struggle against Ole Miss next week, but two very winnable games in three weeks after that (UMass W3, Kentucky W5), i'd expect that one of the QBs (probably Robinette) will take the reins and have a chance to lead this offense, find a rhythm and be successful. we'll see, but right now, Vandy is unbackable.
    Great logic! I went ahead and played it. I also played UN49.5 for the game, which a very fortunate 3 pt 4Q helped me cover. Thanks for pointing out the TT play. Much appreciated!

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

Thanks STF. Good luck to you and your Dawgs this year.

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Quote Originally Posted by jameski999 View Post
    Got to use the "x" been using it since I was a teenager. 3x is so clean
    I've always used the "-", since I was taught that way. As in 3-, to me the " ' " is too easy to miss. Just a different way of doing the same thing...

1234 ... Last