Sixla
    Faith, Focus, Finish
    Sixla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9863

GL this season Biff, glad u got a thread going. Ill be checkin in!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

good fortune, Biff.
    Will watch your thread because I know you spend quality time
    researching your picks.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Good luck this season BTF. Great to see you around !!!!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by jameski999 View Post
    Got to use the "x" been using it since I was a teenager. 3x is so clean
    Quote Originally Posted by inZane View Post
    I've always used the "-", since I was taught that way. As in 3-, to me the " ' " is too easy to miss. Just a different way of doing the same thing...

Yeah, whatever works. i use "x" to indicate striking a lean. Bottom-line, in a process-optimization sense, writing ".5" is simply a waste of time.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by WAHOOS View Post
    I love that you love UVA... but I'm big on UCLA -21 and UVA TT under 17. Of course a lot of it is emotional hedge, poor gambling, etc. whatever.

I'll be at the game. Go hoos.
    Go Hoos! Have fun at Scott Stadium. I played touch football there a bunch to times eons ago at summer camp as a kid. I think that the kids will be playing hard for London, extra prep time will help, and UCLA should be sluggish with noon EST start time. No way do the Hoos have a chance to win, but i think they keep it within 13-17. We shall see.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Weather tomorrow will slow this one down. Talk to my buddy on the plains and Gus is being tight lipped on Marshall. At some point he will come in. He's already an average passer and with the chance for heavy rain he will struggle throwing it. This plays into Arky's gameplan. Shorten the game with a lot of running plays both teams. Don't see how Arky can get a W but think it's closer than most people think. Sneaky pick Biff brother. I may have to tail you here. Gonna watch the weather and probably bet it at KO depending a weather though.

If it were a beautiful Aug day I'd have to take the WardamnEagle. Bilema been running his mouth too much. Gus wants to stomp a mud hole in his arse. However it won't happen this year not under bad weather conditions.

BOL Razor. See you in Fayetteville on 10/18. Go dawgs!

GurleyforHeisman
    Well-said, STF. the Bielema talking thing is the one thing that i don't like, but i definitely see a grind-it-out game here. every play that Marshall sits is a minor victory. i hope that the weather on the Plains is even worse than the weather in Nashville last night.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    Great logic! I went ahead and played it. I also played UN49.5 for the game, which a very fortunate 3 pt 4Q helped me cover. Thanks for pointing out the TT play. Much appreciated!
    nice, glad we cashed!

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Sixla View Post
    GL this season Biff, glad u got a thread going. Ill be checkin in!
    thanks, BOL to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    good fortune, Biff.
    Will watch your thread because I know you spend quality time
    researching your picks.
    thanks, Snowball, i appreciate that. the research is the best part - no anxiety. BOL to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Good luck this season BTF. Great to see you around !!!!
    hey, SlickRick, great to see you, pal! BOL this fall.

BiffTFinancial

a few other leans that i have on my list for consideration:

Gators -36'
    - Muschamp has to be ready to rip Idaho's off after an offseason in Gainesville following 4-8 year; Gators should name their number

App St/UM over 54'
    - like Muschamp, Coach Bacala too had a rough offseason should be wanting to strut in this one; i expect App State defense to be one of the worst around this season, but offense won't be terrible

Bama -25'
    - liking this one less and less given QB news

Clemson/UGA under 54'
    - Clemson defense very good, offense not very good; would expect UGA to be conservative on offense breaking in Mason and with Gurley, stout on defense

Wisky/LSU under 49'
    - probably passing on this one at 49', wishing i'd played at 51

Utah State +5
    - really blew it missing +6/6' on that one. oh well. no rush to play it now

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    a few other leans that i have on my list for consideration:

Gators -36'
    - Muschamp has to be ready to rip Idaho's off after an offseason in Gainesville following 4-8 year; Gators should name their number

App St/UM over 54'
    - like Muschamp, Coach Bacala too had a rough offseason should be wanting to strut in this one; i expect App State defense to be one of the worst around this season, but offense won't be terrible

Bama -25'
    - liking this one less and less given QB news

Clemson/UGA under 54'
    - Clemson defense very good, offense not very good; would expect UGA to be conservative on offense breaking in Mason and with Gurley, stout on defense

Wisky/LSU under 49'
    - probably passing on this one at 49', wishing i'd played at 51

Utah State +5
    - really blew it missing +6/6' on that one. oh well. no rush to play it now
    You are off to a good start Biff brother

Weather in southeast today is severe thunderstorms. While I like Florida & Miss St tonight it's hard to lay that many points in those type conditions. Other than Arky/Auburn I'm probably laying off games in southeast today. Those storms can be unpredictable and severe.

Clemson and Georgia both starting 5th yr seniors at QB. With not a ton game experience both have been in the systems for awhile. Taj Boyd was Clemson's short yardage and goal line threat. Clemson will definitely miss him there but Sammy is who Clemson will miss most of all. Special player. Georgia will be without 2 of their top 4 receivers Wesley-Scott & Mitchell which hurts them. And Conley has been slowed by a shoulder contusion. It will only take a hit or fall on that shoulder and he could be out. Georgia has always had good TEs and utilize their TEs as well as anyone. It's a weakness right now as Rome can't stay healthy and not much depth. However Georgia has a stable of backs Gurley, Marshall, Douglas and 2 true freshman that will play Michel and Chubb so I expect a heavy dose of the run & screen game. Georgia loves the I-formation but did lose their top fullback to concussions. This could be a bigger deal than most think in the run game. I expect to see more 2 back set with Gurley & Marshall. Clemson's defense is solid especially their ends. Georgia tackles will have their hands full. Biff, I think you are being kind to call Georgia's defense "stout." Georgia's defense last year had worst stats in school history. Most of the front 7 are back with a lot of new faces in secondary including several walkons in the 2 deep. While I don't think we know if the defense will be good I do believe this. Pruitt is one helluva coach and he will have them playing hard. Under Grantham defense always looked confused and still moving around looking lost when ball snapped. It won't be like that under Pruitt players will know where to be. A lot of talent especially LBs but I think jury is still out being 1st yr under Pruitt and suspect secondary. Georgia has one of the best kickers in the nation, Marshall Morgan. Georgia struggled in the coverage last year but Morgan is now kicking most balls deep or out of end zone. Watch out for Mackenize in the return game for Dawgs. He's a true freshman WR with Trindon Holliday skill in return game. Should be a great game. But I think Dawgs are better offensively with a lot more skill and as long as the defense can show some improvement I like Georgia to hang on at home in a highly competitive game. Not playing this one though and with weather forecast I don't have a read on total.

Number keeps dropping in the Utah St/Tutorsee game. I like Vols so I don't mind seeing a better number. I see you like Utah St. Chuckle is a tremendous player but he is coming off major knee surgery. Even so Utah St clearly has the edge at QB. However QB is not as critical in college as in pro. I hate Tutorsee but Butch Jones will have them contending again maybe not this year but it's coming. He's a recruiting machine. Tutorsee with too much team speed & numbers will out man Utah St. If Worley can protect the football, I see Vols by double digits on a Rocky Top.

What do you think about FAU/Nebraska u51. FAU putrid on offense but solid on defense. Nebraska could score 40 and this still stay under the total. Any thoughts on this Biff brother?

Great work in here as usual Biff brother. BOL today.

GD I'm pumped. Got lots of yard work before Dawgs kick at 530pm.

GurleyforHeismann
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 08-30-14 at 05:46 AM.

BiffTFinancial

adding

1* Appalachian State/Michigan over 54 (-105)

CFB Week One updated card
    1* Vanderbilt TT under 32 - WINNER
    1* Rutgers/Washington State over 63 (-105) - WINNER
    1* Colorado State/Colorado under 59 (-105) - WINNER
    1* Virginia +21
    1* Appalachian State/Michigan over 54 (-105)
    1* Rice +21
    1* Arkansas +18'
    1* Ohio U/Kent State under 47'
    1* Florida State -18

BiffTFinancial

Weather in southeast today is severe thunderstorms. While I like Florida & Miss St tonight it's hard to lay that many points in those type conditions. Other than Arky/Auburn I'm probably laying off games in southeast today. Those storms can be unpredictable and severe.

Clemson and Georgia both starting 5th yr seniors at QB. With not a ton game experience both have been in the systems for awhile. Taj Boyd was Clemson's short yardage and goal line threat. Clemson will definitely miss him there but Sammy is who Clemson will miss most of all. Special player. Georgia will be without 2 of their top 4 receivers Wesley-Scott & Mitchell which hurts them. And Conley has been slowed by a shoulder contusion. It will only take a hit or fall on that shoulder and he could be out. Georgia has always had good TEs and utilize their TEs as well as anyone. It's a weakness right now as Rome can't stay healthy and not much depth. However Georgia has a stable of backs Gurley, Marshall, Douglas and 2 true freshman that will play Michel and Chubb so I expect a heavy dose of the run & screen game. Georgia loves the I-formation but did lose their top fullback to concussions. This could be a bigger deal than most think in the run game. I expect to see more 2 back set with Gurley & Marshall. Clemson's defense is solid especially their ends. Georgia tackles will have their hands full. Biff, I think you are being kind to call Georgia's defense "stout." Georgia's defense last year had worst stats in school history. Most of the front 7 are back with a lot of new faces in secondary including several walkons in the 2 deep. While I don't think we know if the defense will be good I do believe this. Pruitt is one helluva coach and he will have them playing hard. Under Grantham defense always looked confused and still moving around looking lost when ball snapped. It won't be like that under Pruitt players will know where to be. A lot of talent especially LBs but I think jury is still out being 1st yr under Pruitt and suspect secondary. Georgia has one of the best kickers in the nation, Marshall Morgan. Georgia struggled in the coverage last year but Morgan is now kicking most balls deep or out of end zone. Watch out for Mackenize in the return game for Dawgs. He's a true freshman WR with Trindon Holliday skill in return game. Should be a great game. But I think Dawgs are better offensively with a lot more skill and as long as the defense can show some improvement I like Georgia to hang on at home in a highly competitive game. Not playing this one though and with weather forecast I don't have a read on total.

Number keeps dropping in the Utah St/Tutorsee game. I like Vols so I don't mind seeing a better number. I see you like Utah St. Chuckle is a tremendous player but he is coming off major knee surgery. Even so Utah St clearly has the edge at QB. However QB is not as critical in college as in pro. I hate Tutorsee but Butch Jones will have them contending again maybe not this year but it's coming. He's a recruiting machine. Tutorsee with too much team speed & numbers will out man Utah St. If Worley can protect the football, I see Vols by double digits on a Rocky Top.

What do you think about FAU/Nebraska u51. FAU putrid on offense but solid on defense. Nebraska could score 40 and this still stay under the total. Any thoughts on this Biff brother?

GurleyforHeismann
    Hmmm, thank you for the correction on Dawgs defense. i had read a couple of things that had me thinking significant improvement on that side of the ball, but it's great to have the fan's perspective (and you're a realist fan - the most rare kind!). Gonna pass on that game and just watch. i have more than enough action already. also, good point on weather and Gators. probably best to pass on that one anyway - hard to recall the last time i passed on giving six scores and then really kicked myself.

so looking forward to the day. taking the boy for a bike ride right now and to pick up bagels, then back to watch PSU/UCF Ireland game. have a dinner party with wife tonight. not looking forward to watching Wisky/LSU out in public, thank goodness i don't have money on it. oh well, if it goes the way that i expect (LSU smacks Wisky around due to Badgers' question marks/weaknesses on defensive line and QB) rather than the way that i want (Wisky controls the lines of scrimmage and Lester makes some shaky decisions that bite him late in a victory for good taste and decency), i may not end up watching that closely anyway.

Tutorsee is some 5* material, STF. it must be interesting having attended one of the three SEC schools with solid academics. certainly, some schools in the Big Ten are better than others, but the disparity isn't anything close to the SEC's, so there isn't a lot of looking down one's nose at the academics of other schools. in the SEC, it's simply unavoidable. just another dynamic in the rich tapestry of what Bill King calls God's Sport.

Will run numbers on FAU/UNL total when i get back from big ride. BOL today brotha.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Bank, you're back! Great to see you, brotha. hope that all is well with you - i've been a little concerned that you might have run into trouble out rioting in Ferguson, heh heh. don't be a stranger - i'm pretty much focusing on CFB this season and will largely be tailing guys like yourself and pacocn in NFL.

oh, and one point that is obvious: fade Masterson every chance you can down the stretch. he is not right physically, never was all season, and it will hurt him (esp with umps with narrow strike zones).
    i might have got me a rim! now im riding on A spinner, other 3 wheels still look like shit but hey whatever ....

i been back in NC's baseball thread last 3 weeks or so and bet me a little preseason nfl (way too long a break i guess, lol), been pretty hot with bases but ready for fb, hopefully i can keep the respectable seasons rolling which i never trust to continue in nfl..."emphasis" on the bs rules scare me a little early on with totals but we shall see..i have not a clue early in the college season so as usual pretty much cherry picking plays from you and the ctg crew to tail till i actually get familiar with some of these teams..

yea i was hoping masterson was gonna be another cards retread special but appears more so you are correct, small zones and when he pitching in smaller parks he giving up crooked numbers no doubt. not sure wacha too far away so he might not have a lot of starts left if that is the case.. i hate to say it but waino is fade material right now as his arm looks freaking dead to me, i didnt catch the pit gm (work) but before that in philly i dont think he hit 90 and has no real control of his cutter, relying way too much on uncle charlie. ive seen a lot made of his numbers w-w/o yadi behind the plate so maybe that will help, at same time yadi cant really do much for him if his stuff isnt there which it hasnt been since around the asb..

all been good, officially off parole in 3 days walked that shit down son! i can finally leave the state if i so choose (god it been a while)..

Snowball

Curious about App St/Mich Over, Biff.
    The o/u on App St TT is only 10.
    How much do you think App St will contribute to the total
    or is it more of a UM score-at-will play ?

BiffTFinancial

GurleyforHeismann
    My numbers have FAU/Nebraska going over, around 56-58 points. BOL whatever you decide STF.

BiffTFinancial

Curious about App St/Mich Over, Biff.
    The o/u on App St TT is only 10.
    How much do you think App St will contribute to the total
    or is it more of a UM score-at-will play ?
    I expect App State to score 13+, probably around 17, but this is definitely based upon UM naming their number. That team needs a week of feeling good about itself heading into South Bend. i think UM is good for 40+, maybe 50, something like 48-17/44-17. BOL whatever you decide.

Snowball

I expect App State to score 13+, probably around 17, but this is definitely based upon UM naming their number. That team needs a week of feeling good about itself heading into South Bend. i think UM is good for 40+, maybe 50, something like 48-17/44-17. BOL whatever you decide.
    thanks Biff. btw I appreciate this thread because NCAAF has never been my focal point.
    I have one more question today which every time i've seen your avatar over the years
    nagged me - who is that actress ? She reminds me of a movie from the 80s I can't recall.

2daBank

thanks Biff. btw I appreciate this thread because NCAAF has never been my focal point.
    I have one more question today which every time i've seen your avatar over the years
    nagged me - who is that actress ? She reminds me of a movie from the 80s I can't recall.
    i can handle this one for biff.. not a actress, amanda knox..

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i might have got me a rim! now im riding on A spinner, other 3 wheels still look like shit but hey whatever ....

i been back in NC's baseball thread last 3 weeks or so and bet me a little preseason nfl (way too long a break i guess, lol), been pretty hot with bases but ready for fb, hopefully i can keep the respectable seasons rolling which i never trust to continue in nfl..."emphasis" on the bs rules scare me a little early on with totals but we shall see..i have not a clue early in the college season so as usual pretty much cherry picking plays from you and the ctg crew to tail till i actually get familiar with some of these teams..

yea i was hoping masterson was gonna be another cards retread special but appears more so you are correct, small zones and when he pitching in smaller parks he giving up crooked numbers no doubt. not sure wacha too far away so he might not have a lot of starts left if that is the case.. i hate to say it but waino is fade material right now as his arm looks freaking dead to me, i didnt catch the pit gm (work) but before that in philly i dont think he hit 90 and has no real control of his cutter, relying way too much on uncle charlie. ive seen a lot made of his numbers w-w/o yadi behind the plate so maybe that will help, at same time yadi cant really do much for him if his stuff isnt there which it hasnt been since around the asb..

all been good, officially off parole in 3 days walked that shit down son! i can finally leave the state if i so choose (god it been a while)..
    NFL new rules scare me. thinking i'm gonna lay back on pro football and tail others, esp early, maybe select team total or game total now and again. new rules are a major concern. league has definitely changed its rules to be more fantasy football-friendly and attract more casual fans, now have to see how that plays out.

Masterson was never healthy the entire season, bless him. I like that guy. Agree that Waino has been bad. Miss Yadi, one of my favorite players to watch.

Congrats on finishing parole! When are you going to Vegas?

biglance68
    biglance68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1652

Bank, what you like?

SilverTongueFox

NFL new rules scare me. thinking i'm gonna lay back on pro football and tail others, esp early, maybe select team total or game total now and again. new rules are a major concern. league has definitely changed its rules to be more fantasy football-friendly and attract more casual fans, now have to see how that plays out.

Masterson was never healthy the entire season, bless him. I like that guy. Agree that Waino has been bad. Miss Yadi, one of my favorite players to watch.

Congrats on finishing parole! When are you going to Vegas?
    I'm heading to Vegas on Thursday. Hosting our fantasy football draft in Vegas baby! Should be a good weekend.

Blaze92585
    Blaze92585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Virginia/UCLA o/u just went from 53 to 49.5 in the blink of an eye. Good news for Virginia hopefully. Anyone know what is causing it to drop so quickly?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze92585 View Post
    Virginia/UCLA o/u just went from 53 to 49.5 in the blink of an eye. Good news for Virginia hopefully. Anyone know what is causing it to drop so quickly?
    no clue, but you're right, that should be good news for UVA backers. Go Hoos!

SilverTongueFox

Biff, there is one SEC game not played outdoors today and that WVU/Bama. The more I look at this the more I love Bama with Yeldon & Henry in the ground. And it doesn't matter who's throwing Amari Cooper is a stud at WR. Bama's defense will be fine. Line down to 23. Roll Tide. I'm with you on this one.

How about Ga Southern putting it on Wolfpack. I looked at this one but when I read Ga Southern was going to more of a spread option I back off. Would love to be holding the points in that one.

SilverTongueFox

It looks like the heavy stuff while not hit Auburn until after 6pm. Should be good weather for most of game. I'm sitting this one out. BOL

Hoos been solid on D. This sophomore QB coming off bench has given the Hoos O a spark.

UCLA D 21
    UCLA O 0

Are you looking at Wisky/LSU game?
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 08-30-14 at 01:16 PM.

BiffTFinancial

#MattJohnsForHeisman

BiffTFinancial

It looks like the heavy stuff while not hit Auburn until after 6pm. Should be good weather for most of game. I'm sitting this one out. BOL
    Roger that, thank you for the weather update.

SilverTongueFox

#MattJohnsForHeisman

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by biglance68 View Post
    Bank, what you like?
    im certainly not the 1 to ask with early season college fb bro.. im pretty much tailing biff and few other cats i have been talkin with over the years, they are way more prepared early in the ncaa fb season than i am.. takes me a few weeks to actually have a opinion worth voicing, believe it or not i try not to talk if i dont have anything worth while to add

2daBank

nice call with the total my man,, straight cash homie..

BiffTFinancial

Michigan under Brady Hoke now 1-0 SU, 1-0 ATS avenging home loss to FCS opponent. #CollegeFootballTrends

BiffTFinancial

Hoos been solid on D. This sophomore QB coming off bench has given the Hoos O a spark.

UCLA D 21
    UCLA O 0

Are you looking at Wisky/LSU game?
    Yeah, Hoos defense did exactly what i'd hoped. Thank goodness they brought in Johns at QB before the offense completely gave the game away.

i lean under in Wisky/LSU but passing and just watching. don't think that i'll be adding anything else, just sitting tight with my last four plays. wanted to play Tribe +21 at Virginia Tech but couldn't pull the trigger. at least it's on national tv. it isn't often i get to watch OSU then W&M games back-to-back.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 08-30-14 at 02:28 PM.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    nice call with the total my man,, straight cash homie..
    thanks!

SilverTongueFox

Yeah, Hoos defense did exactly what i'd hoped. Thank goodness they brought in Johns at QB before the offense completely gave the game away.

i lean under in Wisky/LSU but passing and just watching. don't think that i'll be adding anything else, just sitting tight with my last four plays. wanted to play Tribe +21 at Virginia Tech but couldn't pull the trigger. at least it's on national tv. it isn't often i get to watch OSU then W&M games back-to-back.
    Buckeyes finally pulled away. Enjoy watching the Tribe.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

guys.....is pinnacle now carrying the "added games" from 323 and on which they didnt in years past?
    there also seems to be a ton of volatile movement at pinnacle this week 1.....early season always has drastic moves due to soft lines, but ive never seen anything like this.

First 12345 ... Last