BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Braxton Miller only worth 2 1/2 points?

Prior to the Miller injury, OSU was a solid 17 point favorite over Navy. After the injury it dropped to 12' but has now settled in at 14'. That means that the general public sees Braxton Miller, Heisman Trophy candidate, as being worht only a measley 2' points.

Am I the only one that thinks that is an obscenely small correction? I am not touching the game with a 10 foot pole, just wondering what others in here thought.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Ohio State D-Line will be the factor. Bet this game live. If you see OSU disrupting Navy's mesh and pitch-timing, then pound OSU at whatever live number they offer. If they look lost (like they did a few years ago), betting Navy ML might be crazy enough to be sharp.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

i have a feeling this kid that will be starting in miller's place will be pretty good. it's meyer's guy, watch him be a johnny football part 2

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

42-7 osu

way too much talent way too much urban

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Team has athletic LB's and have plenty of time to prepare for the triple option. This is the key here.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    42-7 osu

way too much talent way too much urban
    yep.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guys at These big-name schools there's so many great athletes there's not a major drop off

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Line is back up to 16.5, it's as if the Miller injury never even happened. When I first heard the news, I quickly took Navy +17 and after seeing the new opener of 12.5 I thought I had some solid value, apparently not.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Braxton Miller is garbage.

Anyone who watched the Clemson vs Ohio State game knows this.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

JT Barrett is Urban Meyers first recruit as Buckeye head skipper

ednirth
    ednirth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

This game has trap written all over it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by ednirth View Post
    This game has trap written all over it.
    how so?

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Look at that freshman QBs high school highlights. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...C6C6E05CFAD1CC

Kid can move in the open field. His delivery is fast and deliberate with great ball placement.. These young kids are so athletic nowadays I'm not expecting much of a drop off w/out braxton. There is so much talent surrounding him the offense is going to march. Urban Myer going into a season open against a team running a triple option……… come on do i really have to say it? I'm not worried at all.. If ohio state takes an early lead Navy's offense is going to start playing catch up leaving more opportunity for turnovers.
    Ohio State is going to blow them out of the water

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Gameday View Post
    Look at that freshman QBs high school highlights. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...C6C6E05CFAD1CC

Kid can move in the open field. His delivery is fast and deliberate with great ball placement.. These young kids are so athletic nowadays I'm not expecting much of a drop off w/out braxton. There is so much talent surrounding him the offense is going to march. Urban Myer going into a season open against a team running a triple option……… come on do i really have to say it? I'm not worried at all.. If ohio state takes an early lead Navy's offense is going to start playing catch up leaving more opportunity for turnovers.
    Ohio State is going to blow them out of the water
    hell of a post bruh. Spot on.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Prior to the Miller injury, OSU was a solid 17 point favorite over Navy. After the injury it dropped to 12' but has now settled in at 14'. That means that the general public sees Braxton Miller, Heisman Trophy candidate, as being worht only a measley 2' points.

Am I the only one that thinks that is an obscenely small correction? I am not touching the game with a 10 foot pole, just wondering what others in here thought.
    It's tricky. I think QB's are worth less in games like this where OH ST is likely to run Navy completely over. I think if they were playing Mich st the QB adj would be closer to 4-6 pts.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meyer won't need any help motivating

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watched the video. I'm not super impressed with Barrett. His throwing mechanics look good, but that tape is full of plays where his receivers got themselves wide open, so there wasn't much to see of his accuracy hitting tight windows. As a runner, he was making great progress against teams that couldn't tackle well. He might be the real deal, but that video doesn't show much.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Watched the video. I'm not super impressed with Barrett. His throwing mechanics look good, but that tape is full of plays where his receivers got themselves wide open, so there wasn't much to see of his accuracy hitting tight windows. As a runner, he was making great progress against teams that couldn't tackle well. He might be the real deal, but that video doesn't show much.
    thats the case with almost all highlight tapes. Its really hard to tell how good a guy is b/c it might just be that whoever is playing defense sucks.

ive seen highlights of skinny white boy running backs that played for a private high school and they look like Barry Sanders but its just a bunch of pussy ass private school white boys trying to tackle them...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

No telling what could happen during the game... but when Navy has to start throwing the football... they aren't worth much. Could start turning the ball over... and game could get out of hand.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Braxton Miller is garbage.

Anyone who watched the Clemson vs Ohio State game knows this.
    How many times do I have to tell you that you are dead wrong on that statement. What is wrong with you boy? An injured Miller was 18-26, 246 yards and 2 TD passes. He also ran 18 times for 35 yards and 2 TD's. When your team scores 35 and you lose, it is the defenses fault. The defense which gave up 40 points to Clemson is who to blame. Bear, either start knowing what you are talking about or just shut up. You make yourself look so stupid with statements like that.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    How many times do I have to tell you that you are dead wrong on that statement. What is wrong with you boy? An injured Miller was 18-26, 246 yards and 2 TD passes. He also ran 18 times for 35 yards and 2 TD's. When your team scores 35 and you lose, it is the defenses fault. The defense which gave up 40 points to Clemson is who to blame. Bear, either start knowing what you are talking about or just shut up. You make yourself look so stupid with statements like that.
    can we not agree to disagree?

as a buckeye fan im glad miller got hurt. He is not champion at heart like Tom Brady.
    Last edited by Big Bear; 08-28-14 at 11:24 AM.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Navy is the clear play, OSU might have great athletes but if you total their entire teams SAT scores it wouldn't = the cumulative score of the Naval Academy's O-line.

Navy + 16.5 10*

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Navy is the clear play, OSU might have great athletes but if you total their entire teams SAT scores it wouldn't = the cumulative score of the Naval Academy's O-line.

Navy + 16.5 10*
    Hank, you should start a season long thread based on this premise

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

guys, this isn't Kenny Guiton stepping in. The QB situation is horrible, Hyde is gone, 4/5 of the OLine is gone. The defense should be solid but even they lost both safeties and the star of the show, Shazier. Navy brings back the entire offense basically

BriGuy

OSU is the most ridiculously overrated team ever. For all their chest thumping about their record under Urban Meyer, they're something like 1-4 against teams who finished the season ranked.

I actually liked them at 17 before the Braxton Miller injury, but I laughed my ass off at the fact that they lost a Heisman Trophy candidate QB, and the line settled up at the same spot it was before they lost him. Gamblers are stupid.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

ohio state looks like shit

BriGuy

I would like to thank all of you that bet this line all the way back up to 17 after the Miller injury.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    ohio state looks like shit
    2nd half suhn

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think a good strategy this year might be taking all the points as the talent is more spread out

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

That qb for osu is trash. Give another guy a shot, someone with any experience

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

do they have a QB with experience Kenny guiton and Braxton took all the snaps last year...cardale jones has 2 attempts shit out of luck

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This osu qb cost them 2 td

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    2nd half suhn
    More of the same

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

At least the Defense can make plays

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I hope only getting +14.5 doesn't cost me here.

12 Last