chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

North Dakota State -2 @ Iowa State

Had this brought to my attention tonight. Thoughts?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Wouldn't shock me as they went into Manhattan KS last year and beat Kansas St

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

For that reason I think they won't be slipping up on Iowa State. The Cyclones know they can't sleep on anyone. I may take Iowa State ML for a little.

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

i like Iowa State ml too for a few reasons... iowa state returns 10 players on offense plus Mangino is the new OC who did wonders at Kansas, so they should look decent....NDSU has won 3 straight FCS championships but theyre legendary coach and all but 1 assistants bolted to Wyoming, coach knows his run there was over or he wouldnt have left for Wyoming of all places...huge loss....add in the loss of Missouri Valley Player of Year, QB Jensen and their top 2 rushers.

NDSU's last loss verse an FBS school was??? thats right Iowa State back in 2009...Iowa State opened the season with a 34-17 home win over NDSU...

BrewMan
    BrewMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Is the public starting to jump on the NDSU bandwagon? ISU could be the play here.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

As bad as Iowa State is (and their defense is about as bad as it gets), you would think that they still have enough on offense to win a igh scoring game. This is probably the last chance they have of winning a game until mid-October.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by nickeydyme View Post
    i like Iowa State ml too for a few reasons... iowa state returns 10 players on offense plus Mangino is the new OC who did wonders at Kansas, so they should look decent....NDSU has won 3 straight FCS championships but theyre legendary coach and all but 1 assistants bolted to Wyoming, coach knows his run there was over or he wouldnt have left for Wyoming of all places...huge loss....add in the loss of Missouri Valley Player of Year, QB Jensen and their top 2 rushers.

NDSU's last loss verse an FBS school was??? thats right Iowa State back in 2009...Iowa State opened the season with a 34-17 home win over NDSU...
    How much are you looking at NDSU's team? Other than some coaches leaving, doesnt seem to be much.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Iowa state all fuc*** day Kidd! This is one easy lock. They are going to have a nice offense this season. Parlay this with one more pick for 2k. Nice bankroll for the season.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Quote Originally Posted by nickeydyme View Post

2009 ndsu won 3 games it wasnt good year losing 8. since then (jensen years) they are 52-7 (9-5,14-1,14-1 and 15-0)

biggest losses are qb and Defensive line... qb jenson wasnt flashy but just consistant and didnt turn ball over. and wins games.
    backup qb is 6'5 so i dont expect many qb draws like past yrs

oline actually got bigger and reserves saw lot of game experience last yr.

can they stop the run and get pressure on qb will be the key with 4 new faces up front

a slew of fast running backs return thats system based including crockett who is statistically equal to graduated rb sam ojuri but has breakaway speed

def coordinator is new coach and isnt changing system.

as for coach bohl leaving after 3 straight titles including undefeated season, what more is there to,accomplish at this level for him?

though i agree he could have done better than wyoming ndsu could not pay what wyoming is and i doubt any of you would turn down guaranteed increase in pay close to 1.5-2m

with all the changes and a road game i am surprised ndsu would be favored. home game maybe but i think it might take a few games to see if anyone steps up on defense.... ndsu wont be looking for a shootout here

offensively run first ball control wont change

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

Thanks for the insight on NDSU...This is Rhoads best team at ISU on paper...they return 9 or 10 on offense, including all the skill positions and this offense ly gained over 400 yds in 5 games, so the addition of Mangino plus an experienced group would lead to believe and explosive offense is possible. Also they finished ly winning final 2 games and almost beat TCU, so good finish. They're defense was brutal ly and will be an issue because of its lack of experience but they added some nice juco players and return 5 starters and 7/10 top tacklers. They are catching a break getting a slightly transitioning NDSU program week 1. I think this is a huge game for ISU because they are playing a 3 time national champion and will be treating this game as such. ..NDSU could possibly overlook this team, especially since they are road favorites. ..Iowa State offense should be able to score some points and you gotta assume new NDSU will make some mistakes and force some plays.