BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

9 Week 1 Games to Discuss

Here is a list of 9 Week 1 games to discuss, seeing as there have been very few discussions about the actual games. I will skip the Ohio State-Navy game and the Utah State-Tennessee game because those have been beaten to death in here.

1. 8/28. Texas A&M @ South Carolina. Line: South Carolina -11. Is Texas A&M a good team, or were they just a flash in the pan with Johnny M. there. A&M has a bunch of untested players on offense. The defense which was suppose to return 8 starters has already lost three of those starters. The Ol' Ball Coach just keeps on winning. Let's see what Sumlin does without Manziel.

2. 8/28. Ole Miss vs Boise State in Atlanta. Line. Ole Miss -10. A huge game for Ole Miss, who is considered to be a contender in the SEC West. They return 9 starters on defense. Boise State is known for covering the spread and flat out upsetting teams in games like this. Will New HC Harsin be able to keep that up?

3. 8/30. Penn State vs UCF in Dublin. Line. A PK to PSU -1. A very interesting game for two reasons. Penn State is stilll on probation, so can new HC James Franklin motivate this team? UCF is still considered as a possible contender for the now non-automatic Bowl Berth AAC. Both teams lose critical players. Still, a win by an AAC team over a Big 10 team of about equal strength would be huge for the AAC.

4. 8/30. Alabama vs West Virginia in Atlanta. Line. 'Bama -26 to 27. To most people, the only question is just how big of a route will this game be? The interesting question to me is how many points can the Kiffin/Saban offense minus any type of real threat from the QB position put up against a very pathetic West Virginia defense.

5. 8/30. Clemson @ Georgia. Line. UGA -8 to 8 1/2. Both teams lose their star QB's from last year, but UGA's QB did start when QB Murray was injured last season. The big question is how will UGA react with many of their former defensive starters this season now off the team and on the police blotters

6. 8/30. Washington vs Hawaii. Line. Washington -15 or 16. There is no question about who wins this game. The question is about the line dropping 5 points or more because Washington's starting QB has been suspended for the game. While the game may not be close, the line watching will be in full force.

7. Florida State vs Oklahoma State at Arrlington. Line. FSU -17 1/2. The Champs return to take on Okie State, a team with a major rebuilding job ahead of them. The defense must replace 7 starters, and they were not very good to begin with. The offense is not much better, with questionmarks at QB and the line.

8. LSU vs Wisconsin at Reliant Stadium. Line. LSU -4 1/2 to 5. The line opened at -7, and there is no apparent reason for the drop. Wisky is still a basic one demetional team on offense, and must replace 8 starters on defense. LSU loses most of their offensive scoring punch from last year, and will have to depend on their defense to keep them in games early on. This is a game between a Big 10 team favored to win the Big Ten West, and a SEC team favored to fnish 3rd in the SEC West. Let's see just how much better the SEC really is.

9. Miami (FL) at Louisville. Line. Lousiville -3 1/2. Miami is going through it's usual amount of pre-season commotion. The QB position is a huge question mark. Duke Johnson must stay healthy. The 'Canes need to improve on the defensive side of the ball. Louisville lost their HC and their Heisman Trophy Candidate QB. They will have to depend on their offense to outscore their opponents. They also are now playing in the ACC, NOT the AAC.

Let get some discussions going.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Miami and the points
    WVU...way to many points against spread offense and Kiffin as offensive coordinator and a new QB at Bama
    penn State in a revenge game
    laying the points in the FSU game
    LSU should pound
    South Carolina

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Miami and the points
    WVU...way to many points against spread offense and Kiffin as offensive coordinator and a new QB at Bama
    penn State in a revenge game
    laying the points in the FSU game
    LSU should pound
    South Carolina
    I pretty much agree with all of that. I think this is just about a "must" game for Miami. I know it is only game 1, but they have to host Florida State in November and two losses to Atlantic Division teams will make it just about impossible for them to contend with the likes of Duke who play Syracuse and Wake, Pitt, who gets Syracuse and Boston College, and Va. Tech, who gets Wake and Boston College. Miami is the only tam that must play two of the top 3 teams in the Atlantic Division.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I pretty much agree with all of that. I think this is just about a "must" game for Miami. I know it is only game 1, but they have to host Florida State in November and two losses to Atlantic Division teams will make it just about impossible for them to contend with the likes of Duke who play Syracuse and Wake, Pitt, who gets Syracuse and Boston College, and Va. Tech, who gets Wake and Boston College. Miami is the only tam that must play two of the top 3 teams in the Atlantic Division.
    Think Georgia still rolls. Clemson lost way to much on the offensive side and there defense is total crap. Kid from Georgia ain't bad either

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Think Georgia still rolls. Clemson lost way to much on the offensive side and there defense is total crap. Kid from Georgia ain't bad either
    My wife is from Georgia, so I am a UGA fan by marriage. I think that their big advantage in this game is the fact that starting QB Hutson Mason started a couple of games for UGA when Aaron Murray was injured last season. Mason is not as good a passer as Murray was, but he does have RB Todd Gurley, who may be a darkhorse Heisman Candidate if he stays healthy. Gurley can open up the passing game for Mason.

jc1123
    jc1123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Here's a bit of information that may help us out,

Ole Miss is playing Boise State week one, the Rebels Offensive line AVERAGES 326 POUNDS per man which
    is the SEC largest.

Boise State D-line AVERAGES 266 POUNDS Per man.

Talk about an advantage in running the football.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by jc1123 View Post
    Here's a bit of information that may help us out,

Ole Miss is playing Boise State week one, the Rebels Offensive line AVERAGES 326 POUNDS per man which
    is the SEC largest.

Boise State D-line AVERAGES 266 POUNDS Per man.

Talk about an advantage in running the football.
    Look at the average closer. One of their starters, DE Perez, is only at 235 Lbs. The other DE, Martin, is at 254. Both are rather fast. Up the middle, their DT Nance goes at 311 and their other starting DT, Horn, is 280. So they have some speed at the ends, and bulk up the middle. I do not know if that is a bad thing or not. I will say one thing. An Ole Miss loss would be catastrophic to that program. This is the year that Ole Miss is considered a legitimate candidate to make some noise in the SEC West. They get both 'Bama schools at home. I don't know if Ole Miss could recover from a game 1 loss as a 10 point favorite to a MWC school.

jc1123
    jc1123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Bigdaddy as I mentioned in the past your knowledge is pretty - impressive.

Thank you for help.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Microbetter

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Again I thank you and please keep up the posting. We need good posters in here.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Look at the average closer. One of their starters, DE Perez, is only at 235 Lbs. The other DE, Martin, is at 254. Both are rather fast. Up the middle, their DT Nance goes at 311 and their other starting DT, Horn, is 280. So they have some speed at the ends, and bulk up the middle. I do not know if that is a bad thing or not. I will say one thing. An Ole Miss loss would be catastrophic to that program. This is the year that Ole Miss is considered a legitimate candidate to make some noise in the SEC West. They get both 'Bama schools at home. I don't know if Ole Miss could recover from a game 1 loss as a 10 point favorite to a MWC school.
    this a very different boise team but they were outmanned like that in most of their big wins, i think that opened vs va tech several years ago very similar

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    this a very different boise team but they were outmanned like that in most of their big wins, i think that opened vs va tech several years ago very similar
    In 2010 Boise State defeated Va. Tech 33-30 as a 1 point dog. Peterson was in the middle of his 7 year career as HC at Boise State. Can first year HC Brin Harsin do the same? I really do not know. The line is Ole Miss -10 now. Last year Boise State lost 3 games by more than 10 points. Those 3 losses were the first losses by more than 10 points since 2007. Boise needs the offensive line to gell in a hurry and must avoid injury on the defensive line. 10 points is about right. I will pass on this game.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Ole Miss should rout. I am not a Brian Harsin fan, I thought he was the wrong hire when you had the man who put Boise on the map to start with, Dirk Koetter, out there as a candidate. Ole Miss is a serious competitor in the SEC West. Boise probably will not win the Mountain West. They keep falling. I love Ole Miss here, I just don't see how you can't.

The only other game on your list I have a strong opinion on is TAMU and SC, and my opinion is shame on ESPN for trying to fabricate a "Rivalry" that never really existed in the first place. That is all.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Boise should win a very bad Mountain West conference this season. They get colorado State, Fresno State, and San Diego State at home. The MWC has really lost it lately. At one time, they were considered just as good as the AAC, but now, they are lucky to be in the same discussion as the MAC. The MWC plays a total of 20 games against Power 5 conference teams. They will be lucky to win 5 of those games.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Boise should win a very bad Mountain West conference this season. They get colorado State, Fresno State, and San Diego State at home. The MWC has really lost it lately. At one time, they were considered just as good as the AAC, but now, they are lucky to be in the same discussion as the MAC. The MWC plays a total of 20 games against Power 5 conference teams. They will be lucky to win 5 of those games.
    As a UNLV fan, I sadly agree. I still think Fresno and even Nevada could even overtake Boise as king of the ant hill. There is very little exciting about Boise this year. Harsin's best chance to win is the next year or two with Peterson's players. After that, I'd be really worried.

Either way, I can't see any logical reason to put money on them +10 in Atlanta.

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Good discussion here. Love the Miami play. Can't believe Louisville is favored. I think the Cards have a rough first yr in the ACC. Can't damn wait for college season to start

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Fresno runs the MWC, too bad you cant say that about USC and the Pac-12 South

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Fresno runs the MWC, too bad you cant say that about USC and the Pac-12 South
    Who cares. They are going to get their arses kicked by USC, Utah and Nebraska. They will also lose at Boise State. The MWC is a crap conference, and even the biggest MWC Homer has to admit that. They are basically a JUCO Conference.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Who cares.
    You do obviously, every other post is about Fresno ST keep our nuts out your mouth

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

You do obviously, every other post is about Fresno ST keep our nuts out your mouth
    First of all, I post many things per day, and few are about Fresno State. Secondly, itt is really not about how bad they are. It is more about how big of an arse hole you are. How are your Giants doing, idiot? Another crap team from a crap area.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

First of all, I post many things per day, and few are about Fresno State. Secondly, itt is really not about how bad they are. It is more about how big of an arse hole you are. How are your Giants doing, idiot? Another crap team from a crap area.
    Go get my towel old fukk!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Go get my towel old fukk!
    What the matter little gay one. Getting tired of people talking about your methadone treatments and all of your gay little friends? People like you deserved to be done away with. You are nothing but a disease ridden homosexual who has getten it kicked out of him so many times that he has to run and hide everytime someone looks for you. I hear that you are really popular in the gay community at the Fresno County Jail. Why don't you tell us how many times you have been incarcerated in there?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

What the matter little gay one. Getting tired of people talking about your methadone treatments and all of your gay little friends? People like you deserved to be done away with. You are nothing but a disease ridden homosexual who has getten it kicked out of him so many times that he has to run and hide everytime someone looks for you. I hear that you are really popular in the gay community at the Fresno County Jail. Why don't you tell us how many times you have been incarcerated in there?
    You know alot about gays & fudge packing must be all the experience working the USC shower room

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

usc going to pound fresno again in week 1 just like that garbage bowl game last season when they were on their 3rd coach
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

So it's pretty much universal, Fresno gets it pushed in week one. Good call gentlemen.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    So it's pretty much universal, Fresno gets it pushed in week one. Good call gentlemen.
    Took a while to come to a consensus, but yeah pound USC.
    Nomination(s):

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

U didn't mention LSU has #7. The top recruit in the country at tailback.