BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Is Michigan's Hoke on the "Hot Seat"

Brady Hoke has fallen on some hard times at Michigan. After a brilliant 11-2 start, he has coached Michigan to rather "who cares" seasons of 8-5 and 7-6 including two bowl losses. Last season he started off 5-0, before finishing up at 2-6. Is he on the perverbial "Hot Seat".

According to CBS Sports, the Michigan AD does not think so. "That's websites and that's bloggers and that's social media and that's all part of the game that's played out there -- let's stir up controversy," said Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon during a radio interview with Detroit Sports 105.1 FM (via MLive.com). "This happens every year. I can't do very much about that, other than (say), that's nonsense."

We all know what that means. Hoke had better produce at least 9 wins and win their bowl game or he is gone. Not easy when you consider that Michigan has away games against Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan State and Ohio State.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Im told by UM fans he's more of a cheerleader than a coach. He doesnt look to have a clue at times.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

That is certainly not hard to believe.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I think the fact that they let RichRod go, and he then had immediate success elsewhere works in Hoke's favor. He'll get another year after this one, assuming it's not a disaster.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I am not sure about that. Bad enough you get your tail whipped by Ohio State, but when little brother Michigan State starts beating you consistantly, that spells trouble.

Ralphie Halves

Could be, but I'm looking at their tradition too, to where they've had HCs there for a decade at a time. You don't want to automatically start becoming that program that shuffles in/out HCs every three years either. Bad for recruiting. Michigan already isn't anywhere near the elite program they used to be, so trying to eliminate anything that could drop you further in the eyes of College Football is a good idea right now.

If you could 100% get Les Miles, then do it. If you're not, at least give Hoke enough time to graduate some of his recruits. You can't sit there and say you really gave him a fair go at it if you don't at least do that.

I just hate the whole giving in to this new culture of instant gratification. Sometimes it works (Auburn), and other times it slowly destroys your program (Tennessee).

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

This is year 4 for Hoke, which is more than RichRod got. He simply is NOT a good HC. He won with RichRod's kids. His recruits are nowheres as good. It is that simple. Now if LSU falls on hard times again, then Miles may be available. He has lost his last 3 games to Alabama. Another loss to 'Bama at home may do the trick.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is year 4 for Hoke, which is more than RichRod got. He simply is NOT a good HC. He won with RichRod's kids. His recruits are nowheres as good. It is that simple. Now if LSU falls on hard times again, then Miles may be available. He has lost his last 3 games to Alabama. Another loss to 'Bama at home may do the trick.
    What do you think the win total he has to reach this year is to keep his job? Does that number change if he beats OSU or MSU this year?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    What do you think the win total he has to reach this year is to keep his job? Does that number change if he beats OSU or MSU this year?
    I think 9 wins would save him, but I do not know if they can get 9 wins. Certainly a win against Michigan State or Ohio State would go a very long way, but both of those games are on the road, as are the games against Notre Dame and Northwestern. This is the first season with his own recruits. The offense really has to step up. I say it is 50/50 right now.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

all ready to go for 2014-2015 i see BigD?
    cant wait....8/28 the party begins

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Yes it does, but so far, I only have Northwestern -9 amd Miami (FL) +1 "Games of the Year" play that I made at the Nugget. Still working on some things.