TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Football anti-teaser support group

I need help this season. Maybe you do as well. I just see those 10 points in a 3-team football teaser as so tempting. I know its a losing proposition in the long haul but i end up making one every night during the season. If i just stick to straight bets and player props ill have a good season need to stay away from these frigin multi-team teasers

teaser bettor

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

fukk it tony, if ya have fun playin em go for it. i just bet as a hobby though so if this was your living, different story

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    I need help this season. Maybe you do as well. I just see those 10 points in a 3-team football teaser as so tempting. I know its a losing proposition in the long haul but i end up making one every night during the season. If i just stick to straight bets and player props ill have a good season need to stay away from these frigin multi-team teasers

teaser bettor
    - Teasers and parlays are losers props. - I never bet parlays of any kind !! Its hard enough to win one game straight up !!

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Teasers are dumb they should be for entertainment purposes only

I would play a lot of 10-15 team teasers at 6-10 points for $1-$3 each for shits and giggles for college football

Every now and then I would hit a 12 or 13 teamer or so and make a decent return but for the most part they all lost

I mainly did it for entertainment purposes, so I could have lots of action going on for games I normally wouldnt give a shit about otherwise on a Saturday. That 2:30 kickoff between Eastern Michigan and Kent State might seem boring but when it would close out a winning 10 teamer it becomes entertaining

That's the only reason to play any teaser though

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love teasers for college football, mainly 3 team 6 pt ones. Have done very good with them the last three years.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

3 team college football teasers

are you out of your mind

yes for entertainment i can see doing some teasers but if you think you are hitting 50% in the long run you are stupid. i will not take chunks out of my bankroll this fall doing this no way

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been in the positive the last three years doing them. Will keep track of them this year if you want.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistPrime View Post
    I have been in the positive the last three years doing them. Will keep track of them this year if you want.
    yes make a thread.this way you will know for sure how stupid it is to play college 6-pt teasers. what does that pay +150. you have to win 3 games in a row. while getting 6 points on a game that the total will be about 60

no offense but you have been lucky so far

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would get fukked with these for 9 weeks but for two I would hit hard for 5-1 or 11-1 wins.

If you're not sure enough on a side that you need ten points extra, just skip it.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    yes make a thread.this way you will know for sure how stupid it is to play college 6-pt teasers. what does that pay +150. you have to win 3 games in a row. while getting 6 points on a game that the total will be about 60

no offense but you have been lucky so far
    Any chance you start a thread with your straight plays Tony?

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Of course only rule in betting teasers

never go through zero

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Any chance you start a thread with your straight plays Tony?

3 ppl scoffed at me and i told them to go back and calculate my record in straight props and they all then never talked to me again when they saw i hit over 63% posted plays lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You a get lucky if
    Games are close

3-4 Teamers

Odds not -110 anymore

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

its very simple gentlemen, WONG teasers are +EV, everthing else is not.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Lupe is right. You can tease nfl games thru key numbers and make money.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Keep your head up Tony. Pick and choose and you should do ok.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Keep your head up Tony. Pick and choose and you should do ok.

ill play some over at 5dimes they have some good odds. maybe an open teaser. but when i first started out i would chase with 4 team 13-pt teasers over at betphoenix. needless to say i got 15 calls a week from them with specials

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Lupe is right. You can tease nfl games thru key numbers and make money.
    not in vegas. Everywhere I've seen is -120

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Player props are just as big a sucker wager as ALL parlays and teasers. Just do the math. It is really simple. The more teams you take, the bigger the odds desparity gets. Start with a simple two team parlay. Four things can happen. A can win and B can lose. A can lose and B can win. Both A and B can lose. Both A and B can win. That is 3-1 against you, which is 15/5. You get 13/5 in Vegas or off shore. You are bassically laying 13.3% vig compared to the normal 10% vig. The more teams you wager, the worse it gets.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Player props are just as big a sucker wager as ALL parlays and teasers. Just do the math. It is really simple. The more teams you take, the bigger the odds desparity gets. Start with a simple two team parlay. Four things can happen. A can win and B can lose. A can lose and B can win. Both A and B can lose. Both A and B can win. That is 3-1 against you, which is 15/5. You get 13/5 in Vegas or off shore. You are bassically laying 13.3% vig compared to the normal 10% vig. The more teams you wager, the worse it gets.
    No shit captain obvious. Parlays pay more then straight bets? Get the Fuk outta here?

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Books get killed with player props, that's why the low limit. Sharps destroy them.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    No shit captain obvious. Parlays pay more then straight bets? Get the Fuk outta here?
    parlays do pay more.

its all relative.

The rich get richer and the lucky seem to get luckier.

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

i can give you a mean 3team 10pt teaser for week 1. NFL & college fb.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Never parlay and teaser more than a 2 teamer.
    Never tease through the zero.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Teasers may be doable in NFL, but it doesn't make any sense in college. Way more often faves cover by a lot or dogs cover by a lot. Beating the lines in NCAAF are important, but not nearly as important in NFL for this very reason.

Pleaser bets actually make more sense here if you wanna have some real fun.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Parlays and Teasers are for two types of people. Those who just want to waste a few bucks and have some fun, and those who are actually uneducated enough to depend on them to make money. The vast majority of players in here fall into one of two catagories. Those who wager rather small amounts (under $100.00/game) and those who do not wager at all (which probably covers 50% of the posters in here). There are a few posters who wager rather large amounts of money, but they are few and far between. Ask them if they ever lay big money on a parlay, teaser, or prop play. As far as books getting "killed by player props", I suggest that you go to Vegas and see if that is true, because it is not. Now you may think so, and you may think that this is the reason why Mickey Mouse Offshore books that most of you use are afraid of sharps, but the fact is that these books simply cannot afford to take a big hit, so they drop the limits on all wagers. Frogsrangers has it right. Tony, let's see your posted plays for this season, and make sure to include the shop that you are playing at, so we can verify that your line is accurate.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CappinTerp

Renegades

3 team 6 pts offshore are +180
    2 team 6 pts offshore are -110

3 team 6 pts need a 70.95 win rate to break even
    2 team 6 pts need a 72.4 win rate to break even
    ----------------
    Since 1980 NFL dogs of +1.5 to +2.5 teased up covered 75%. 80% over the last 6 yrs

NFL favs of -7.5 to -8.5 teased down covered 73.2%. 71.2% over the last 6 yrs.

There is an edge to Wong teasers in the NFL, thats why offshore books shade the line around key numbers for teaser spreads. Many many times you will see say a line of 2.5 as the "true" line and when go to select that dog in a teaser....voila the line is +1 instead of 2.5. Books want you to get +7 rather than +8.5. At 8.5 you are going thru two key numbers- 3 and 7. At +7 you no longer get two key numbers because now plus 7 is a push

Renegades

If you are teasing college, which I dont recommend, I would only play games with a total of 48 or less. Low total mean in theory the game should be lower scoring, and lower scoring games have a much higher % of staying close to the number

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    3 team 6 pts offshore are +180
    2 team 6 pts offshore are -110

3 team 6 pts need a 70.95 win rate to break even
    2 team 6 pts need a 72.4 win rate to break even
    ----------------
    Since 1980 NFL dogs of +1.5 to +2.5 teased up covered 75%. 80% over the last 6 yrs

NFL favs of -7.5 to -8.5 teased down covered 73.2%. 71.2% over the last 6 yrs.

There is an edge to Wong teasers in the NFL, thats why offshore books shade the line around key numbers for teaser spreads. Many many times you will see say a line of 2.5 as the "true" line and when go to select that dog in a teaser....voila the line is +1 instead of 2.5. Books want you to get +7 rather than +8.5. At 8.5 you are going thru two key numbers- 3 and 7. At +7 you no longer get two key numbers because now plus 7 is a push

Well done

Tony, keep a thread for all of your picks this year....all of them, with unit sizing and everything. Honestly, I am not being a dick this time around. Do that consistently.....be a winner and add to SBR. Would love to have another guy to bounce things off of, somebody that actually adds to the forum.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

As far as books getting "killed by player props", I suggest that you go to Vegas and see if that is true, because it is not. Now you may think so, and you may think that this is the reason why Mickey Mouse Offshore books that most of you use are afraid of sharps, but the fact is that these books simply cannot afford to take a big hit, so they drop the limits on all wagers. Frogsrangers has it right. Tony, let's see your posted plays for this season, and make sure to include the shop that you are playing at, so we can verify that your line is accurate.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlays and Teasers are for two types of people. Those who just want to waste a few bucks and have some fun, and those who are actually uneducated enough to depend on them to make money. The vast majority of players in here fall into one of two catagories. Those who wager rather small amounts (under $100.00/game) and those who do not wager at all (which probably covers 50% of the posters in here). There are a few posters who wager rather large amounts of money, but they are few and far between. Ask them if they ever lay big money on a parlay, teaser, or prop play. As far as books getting "killed by player props", I suggest that you go to Vegas and see if that is true, because it is not. Now you may think so, and you may think that this is the reason why Mickey Mouse Offshore books that most of you use are afraid of sharps, but the fact is that these books simply cannot afford to take a big hit, so they drop the limits on all wagers. Frogsrangers has it right. Tony, let's see your posted plays for this season, and make sure to include the shop that you are playing at, so we can verify that your line is accurate.
    I love these type threads. People railing on how others gamble because they can't win doing it that way.

I've seen many guys win hitting teasers. Not saying they are for everyone. But just because one betting option doesn't work for you, doesn't mean someone else isn't having great success with it.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    I love these type threads. People railing on how others gamble because they can't win doing it that way.

I've seen many guys win hitting teasers. Not saying they are for everyone. But just because one betting option doesn't work for you, doesn't mean someone else isn't having great success with it.
    Bang on I/O.

People here originally trashed me for my high volume ways....and then they slowly accepted it as the way I do business....that included some of the best poster's on SBR. They came around eventually.

I still get guys on my thread, in fact a new one today, that claim that I cannot do it.....even though I have 2000 documented bets on SBR....but guys will be guys and if they can't do it they believe that it must be impossible, instead of trying to look for advice or maybe a new method.

Oh well....it is what it is.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

might post my plays might not. dont really care if anyone believes that i win or not. i check the pitcher strikeout totals every night. might make 3-4 plays a week if i see something nice. same with football, sometimes things are a crapshoot sometimes a book puts out a prop at +100 that has a 60% chance of hitting

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

take unders in teasers if anything

pre season

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistPrime View Post
    Please do!! Biggest sucker bet there is! One bet and you need 3 teams to cover! That means 3 games have to go according to plan and your risk/ reward is not in your favor. My man loves it as they all lose big and get buried chasing!! They lose at one and start chasing the 4 'o'clock trying to pick 3 teams correctly. Straight, straight , straight but I'm afraid to bet $100 on 3 teams straight and rather bet a $100 on a 3 team teaser.

12 Last