Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Ive got wva 6-6 and bowl eligible. Yes that is optimistic as they could easily finish 4-8 but i believe in trickett

i mentioned k state in the same sentence because a poster either vegas or cuse posted the laughing emoticon and said k state. I think theyll make a bowl too and if youve seen their qb u know this is not a gimme
    They probably do get a bowl bid

Because a good team No, because in a shitty conference

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    They probably do get a bowl bid

Because a good team No, because in a shitty conference
    Again they were not great as a conf last yr especially on d but what usually follows a down year in a big 5 conf is an up year and vice versa. I believe the conf as a whole will play much better d this year. Will Florida State shellack oke state? Yes. But I think the other OOC games will be wins for the big 12 or very competitive save for Bama and wva. I think Oklahoma will smash tenn, k state will play toe to toe with auburn, and a depleted Texas roster will stick around in that ucla gm. Don't be surprised if wva stays with Bama for a half. Bama will have a salty d so that's not easy to do

Vegas39

Again they were not great as a conf last yr especially on d but what usually follows a down year in a big 5 conf is an up year and vice versa. I believe the conf as a whole will play much better d this year. Will Florida State shellack oke state? Yes. But I think the other OOC games will be wins for the big 12 or very competitive save for Bama and wva. I think Oklahoma will smash tenn, k state will play toe to toe with auburn, and a depleted Texas roster will stick around in that ucla gm. Don't be surprised if wva stays with Bama for a half. Bama will have a salty d so that's not easy to do
    with chaos in TX right now I think that one gets ugly. Actually agree on TN game but they have work to do big time. Unless they improved big time from when they played Oregon last year

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

So what we have here is Oklahoma easily handling Tennessee (and they had better, with the line at -19), Kansas State probably losing to Auburn, though I am tempted to take K-State if the line is right (Auburn -11 as of last check), Texas losing to UCLA, and West Virginia being routed by Alabama. Add losses by Iowa State to Iowa, Kansas to Duke, Oklahoma State to Florida State and we have a record of 1-7 against Super 5 Conference opponents. Now lets add wins for Texas Tech against Arkansas and TCU against Minnesota (both Big 12 teams playing at home) and we get a 3-7 record, which is flat out TERRIBLE. Only the ACC has a shot at a worse record than that, but the ACC has defending champion Florida State and a CC game. The Pac 12 has at least 6 wins, and probably more. The Big 10 has 5. Do we even need to discuss the SEC?

Unless you look at the Big 12 through Rose colroed Glasses, there is no doubt that they have the worst of the Super 5 Conferences because of their no-con record against the other top conferences and their lack of a CC game. That is no to say that a team loke OU or Baylor cannot get into the Playoffs, but those and the ONLY two teams out of that weak conference that even have a chance. The Pac 12 is still a vastly superior conference to the Big 12.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 07-27-14 at 12:55 PM.

homie1975

Big Dad you are spot on but man talk about some unfortunate matchups. who has a tougher OOC sched than the Big 12?

- K State hosting national runner up from '13 Auburn
    - Texas playing in TX vs preseason top 7 UCLA
    - WVA playing BAMA who is the premier program in the country the last 5 years, game is 200 miles from tuscaloosa
    - Okie St playing in TX vs Florida State the national champion from '13
    - Kansas playing ACC runner up from '13, Duke

when you look at these games (especially the first four listed), you cannot tell me with a straight face that this is not the toughest set of 4 OOC games that ANY big 5 conf is playing.

no fukking way dude. absolutely no way.

homie1975

if you really want to be fair, the way to look at those first 4 games i listed, is to consider HOW the big 12 looks in those games, not if they win or lose. are they at least competitive for a half in the WVA and Okie St games. do they show us some things?

Auburn, UCLA, Bama, FSU...............all top 10 preseason programs and FSU and UCLA top 5

also, i have revisited my preseason pac 12 research and i have shuffled the order that i believe they look like on paper right now:

1) ucla
    2) stanford
    3) oregon
    4) usc

i think stanford has some veterans to fill the holes they have at some key positions

homie1975

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

First, you are already looking for excuses for the Big 12. There are none. The reason for the Big 12 having such an alleged "tough" non-con schedule is because their teams are so poor. Is there any excuse for Texas to be an 8 point dog to UCLA in Texas? What about Okie State, who for years was considered better than Florida State. you are looking for way too many excuses to cover the fact that the Big 12 simply does not have ver good teams overall. The only good teams that they have are Oklahoma and Baylor, who play absolutely NO ONE in non-con play. That will NOT help them at all. In Baylor's case, it kills them. They lost to UCF last season in their Bowl game. There is also no excuse for the Big 12 to be the ONLY conference in all of Division 1 College Football to have just 10 teams. Everyone else has 11 or more. The glory days of the Big 12 are over. Get used to it. They will not be a top conference in the near future, especially when Okie State goes on probation .

homie1975

big dad, you think Okie state "for years" was better than florida state? how many years? 2 out of the last 30? were they better than flor state when pat jones was there in the 80's? les miles? only a few years in the past 30 years has okie state been better than fsu and that was maybe 2010 and 2011. that was 3 seasons ago. 2012 and 2013 florida state was better without question.

2014 same thing. in case you did not realize it, okie state replaces 14 starters

homie1975

OOC games vs:

#1 preseason FSU who is defending champ
    top 10 Auburn who is runner up
    top 10 Bama who has more bcs titles than anyone the last 6 years
    top 7 UCLA who is projected to win the Pac 12

those are not 4 extremely tough OOC games?

now you're just letting your hate blind you.

you bet your ass i am going to post winners. i hope you can do the same through all of your hate.

Vegas39

OOC games vs:

#1 preseason FSU who is defending champ
    top 10 Auburn who is runner up
    top 10 Bama who has more bcs titles than anyone the last 6 years
    top 7 UCLA who is projected to win the Pac 12

those are not 4 extremely tough OOC games?

now you're just letting your hate blind you.

you bet your ass i am going to post winners. i hope you can do the same through all of your hate.
    UCLA projected to win by you only

homie1975

UCLA projected to win by you only
    they are the highest ranked preseason team in the projected AP and USA Today polls

80% + of the preseason annuals have UCLA winning the pac 12

go and read bro

Vegas39

they are the highest ranked preseason team in the projected AP and USA Today polls

go and read bro
    spewing BS again god you are a mental midget. Not one poll I have see has UCLA ahead of Oregon. Link one if you can

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...5-poll/page/25

Vegas39

[/QUOTE]
    more homie BS

Vegas39

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

go and read bro

Where do you come up with this stuff? What made you pull 80% out of you ass?

I don't see it anywhere, feel free to show me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2014/4327545/

This guy has UCLA #10, he works for the USA today...closest I could find.

Cuse0323

PRESEASON PICKS

How Pac-12 teams rank in preseason Top 25 rankings by Lindy's, Athlon, The Sporting News, USA Today and Phil Steele:
    Team Lin Ath TSN USA Stl
    Oregon 4 6 2 4 6
    UCLA 8 7 8 10 5
    Stanford 13 12 6 9 20
    USC 15 14 16 20 12
    ASU - 16 13 - -
    Wash. 23 24 21 - 28

All you need to see really.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...ines-on-pac-12

Steele gives you your one UCLA over Oregon even though he predicted Oregon over UCLA earlier.

Vegas39

go and read bro
    take your own advice

homie1975

you guys are right. i read steele who has ucla winning the pac 12. most have oregon. i got bad info.

here is the consensus by chris stassen who has done it since 1993, http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2014.html

Big 12 plays OOC against:

Big 12 has four teams in consensus top 25, that is 4 out of 10 for 40% of conf

Pac 12 has five teams in consensus top 25, that is 5 out of 12 teams for 41.66% of conf

pretty damn close preseason

Vegas39

80%

homie1975

80% it seems have oregon, i had it backward, my bad.

ucla is my pick though, based on getting both oregon and stanford in pasadena

Vegas39

the homie back pedaling when his BS stats are proven false

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

First, the Pac 12 has 4 teams in the Top 15, and the Big 12 has 2. That is 33% compared to 20% and that is huge. Second, do yourself a favor and just stop talking about the Pac 12. You have no idea what you are talking about. UCLA has not defeated Stanford since 2008. 0-6 in five years. Where the games were played were not important. UCLA has not defeated Oregon since 2007. I suppose you did not know that. Stick to your Big 12, who you have allegedly been following for 30 years. (Which I do not believe at all). Your lack of knowledge about every major conference including the Big 12 is rather huge, in the eyes of most people in here. I will NOT except excuses, so save them for someone who will.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

no chance in hell they get a team in the final 4. Nobody in that conference plays defense and the best football school in that conference Texas is no longer relevant
    Texas the best football school?

OU has 7 Big 12 titles and Texas has 3....

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. As for the Big 12, I can say that's it not better than the SEC or Pac-12. With that said, it will most likely have a playoff team.

Oklahoma or Baylor will be in the Final four along with FSU, Oregon, and a SEC team (Bama or Auburn).

homie1975

right now i'm prepping to bet tennis hardcourt season, NFL and CFB. i am studying all 125ish teams in the country and reading up from recruiting to spring football and now preseason work.

no biggie if i thought certain rags picked ucla or oregon. i do not specialize in rankings, i specialize in finding value vs the spread and i will do that this fall, just like i do every year.

i'll be helping this board find winners. trust me.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    So what we have here is Oklahoma easily handling Tennessee (and they had better, with the line at -19), Kansas State probably losing to Auburn, though I am tempted to take K-State if the line is right (Auburn -11 as of last check), Texas losing to UCLA, and West Virginia being routed by Alabama. Add losses by Iowa State to Iowa, Kansas to Duke, Oklahoma State to Florida State and we have a record of 1-7 against Super 5 Conference opponents. Now lets add wins for Texas Tech against Arkansas and TCU against Minnesota (both Big 12 teams playing at home) and we get a 3-7 record, which is flat out TERRIBLE. Only the ACC has a shot at a worse record than that, but the ACC has defending champion Florida State and a CC game. The Pac 12 has at least 6 wins, and probably more. The Big 10 has 5. Do we even need to discuss the SEC?

Unless you look at the Big 12 through Rose colroed Glasses, there is no doubt that they have the worst of the Super 5 Conferences because of their no-con record against the other top conferences and their lack of a CC game. That is no to say that a team loke OU or Baylor cannot get into the Playoffs, but those and the ONLY two teams out of that weak conference that even have a chance. The Pac 12 is still a vastly superior conference to the Big 12.
    The Big 12 is playing Auburn, Florida State, and UCLA so no shit they're going to have a bad OOC record. Those are all top 10 teams.

Anyway, my team plays in the Big 12 and even I will say it's not that great of conference this year. With that said, the school I graduated college from has seven national championships so I don't really care what the rest of the conference does.

Those people that chant SEC or whatever are fans of teams that suck and will never win anything. See Vandy, Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Piss, Miss State, South Carolina, Mizzou, A&M, etc.

The SEC has won a ton of championships in recent years because they have had Saban and Meyer at LSU, Bama, and Florida so the rest of the conference has hung their hat on what those teams have accomplished.

I don't care what the rest of the Big 12 does as long as OU does well. I enjoyed watching Pac-12 Oregon throttle Texas and I laughed as Okie State choking to Mizzou in the Cotton ball.

Meanwhile, my team was busy hanging 45 on the defending champions in the Sugar bowl. Yeah, my team plays in the Big 12 and it's not that great of a conference. So what?

Oklahoma plays people out of conference so it doesn't even matter. Here are OOC opponents for OU the past 10 years and next 5.

Alabama
    Florida State
    Miami
    Oregon
    Tennessee
    Ohio State
    Notre Dame
    LSU
    UCLA
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-27-14 at 06:01 PM.

Vegas39

right now i'm prepping to bet tennis hardcourt season, NFL and CFB. i am studying all 125ish teams in the country and reading up from recruiting to spring football and now preseason work.

no biggie if i thought certain rags picked ucla or oregon. i do not specialize in rankings, i specialize in finding value vs the spread and i will do that this fall, just like i do every year.

i'll be helping this board find winners. trust me.

way to back track big mouth

30 years following

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Texas the best football school?

OU has 7 Big 12 titles and Texas has 3....

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. As for the Big 12, I can say that's it not better than the SEC or Pac-12. With that said, it will most likely have a playoff team.

Oklahoma or Baylor will be in the Final four along with FSU, Oregon, and a SEC team (Bama or Auburn).

If Big 12 to get one in final four think OU best shot.

Could see them just missing it too as Ohio St has easy schedule (again)

Cuse0323

way to back track big mouth

30 years following

unreal, he's busy following all 125 teams in the country.

BigDofBA

If Big 12 to get one in final four think OU best shot.

Could see them just missing it too as Ohio St has easy schedule (again)
    That's true.

Anyway, I follow the Big 12 probably closer than anyone in this thread since I'm alumni of a school in that confernce and have had several years of season tickets.

It's bit better than the PAC-12. In fact, it's down losing two teams and with Texas falling off.

TCU and WVU have added nothing. They're finding out life is harder when you have to get up for games every week.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The Big 12 is playing Auburn, Florida State, and UCLA so no shit they're going to have a bad OOC record. Those are all top 10 teams.
    don't forget WVA playing Bama just 202 miles away from Tuscaloosa so a virtual home gm for Bama in Atlanta. last i heard that Bama team has been pretty good the last 5 years or so, yea?

homie1975

Which conf has a tougher OOC than the big 12 this year?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The ONLY reason why the Big 12 non-con schedule is that difficult is because other than OU and Baylor (who plays no-one), the Big 12 is a terrible conference. Oregon and UCLA can beat every team in the Big 12. Stanford, USC, and Wawhington could beat every team except the top two, and would be competitive against those two. Okahoma and Baylor are the ONLY two teams in the Big 12 that would finish above .500 in conference play if the entire Big 12 were part of the Pac 12. Now you go ahead and find value for your 125 teams, which is about as dummb as you can get, from a 'capping point of view. Just start your own thread so we can follow along and not have to jump all over to find your picks. Make it easy for everyone in here. Let's see what 30 years has taught you.

BigDofBA

Again, as an OU fan, I don't care about rest of the league.

OU always plays good teams OOC. This year we play Tennessee. It's not our fault they are down.

We have Ohio State, LSU, and Nebraska upcoming.

In the past 10 years we have played Bama, Oregon, Miami, Notre Dame, UCLA, Washington, and Florida State OOC. These aren't bowl games either. They are home and aways.

So yeah, the Big 12 sucks but I don't really care.

First 12345 Last