1. #1
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Steele's 15 Teams that fit HIS National Champion Mode in 2014

    Once again, the desperate Phil Steele has come up with another list of his top teams. These are teams that he feels fit the "National Championship Mode" this season. Notice who he excludes as well as includes:

    Alabama
    Baylor
    Clemson
    Florida St
    Iowa
    Kansas St
    Louisville
    LSU
    Michigan St
    Ohio St
    Oklahoma
    Ole Miss
    Stanford
    USC
    Wisconsin

    I will tell you right now that Clemson, Iowa, Kansas State, Louisville, Ole Miss, Stanford, and Wisconsin have absolutely NO chance of getting to the playoffs. Baylor and USC are very iffy. He excludes Oregon, UCLA, (Both of which have a much better chance of getting to the playoffs than Stanford or USC have), Auburn, Georgia, and South Carolina, to name a few.

    Steele is getting very desperate. His once prould magazine now spills out so much garbage that it is nearly impossible to read with a straight face. He picks the EXACT same Top 4 teams as Athlon does, yet Athlon comes out much earlier than his rag. Now I know that Steele is desperate for sales, but he constantly contradicts himself. He picks Stanford and USC in this article, but has UCLA and Oregon at 5 and 6. IMO, he is desperate and his magazine, with it's thousands of useless and unnecessary words prove it.

  2. #2
    Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-09
    Posts: 3,964
    Betpoints: 11719

    4 Big Ten teams, LOL!!

    Iowa, LMAO!!!!

    Guy needs to move on.

  3. #3
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    I totally agree. He gets more desperate every season. That list is nothing short of a joke.

  4. #4
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Big...... what is your obsession with Steele?

    Holy fuk.

    If you don't like his product.... how about this. Print your own magazine and go head-head with him, and see how you do.

    I don't know who you're trying to convince more that Steele sucks.... yourself, or the guys who post here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah, and chopperocker

  5. #5
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    As for Steele's inclusion of Iowa, I think Steele schooled you a bit.

    You should pay more attention.

    Iowa's Big 10 schedule is as easy as it gets.

    No Ohio State, No Michigan, No Michigan State, No Penn State.

    Their four road Big 10 games are Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Maryland.

    That schedule is easy.

    If a Big 10 team runs the table.... and gets to 12-0, or 13-0.... they will make the playoff.

  6. #6
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    As for Steele's inclusion of Iowa, I think Steele schooled you a bit.

    You should pay more attention.

    Iowa's Big 10 schedule is as easy as it gets.

    No Ohio State, No Michigan, No Michigan State, No Penn State.

    Their four road Big 10 games are Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Maryland.

    That schedule is easy.

    If a Big 10 team runs the table.... and gets to 12-0, or 13-0.... they will make the playoff.
    Sam, Iowa hosts both Wisconsin and Nebraska in 6 days to end the regular season. They do have a very soft scheduloe, even for Big 10 Standards, but they will not finish undefeated, and they will not defeat either Ohio State or Michigan State in the CC game. Last season Ferentz had more players coming back than he does this season. Ferentz is famous for good seasons when he is suppose to be down, and poor seasons when he is suppose to be up. While I wagered on Iowa to go over the 8.5 wins posted for their total regular season wins, I will be watching the lines closely because I think that Iowa can be a great fade this season. Last year 3 of Iowa's 4 regular season losses came at home, so the schedule does not mean as much as people think. Iowa is 6-8 S/U at home in the past two seasons and 4-8 ATS at home during that time. Now who schooled who?

  7. #7
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Sam, Iowa hosts both Wisconsin and Nebraska in 6 days to end the regular season. They do have a very soft scheduloe, even for Big 10 Standards, but they will not finish undefeated, and they will not defeat either Ohio State or Michigan State in the CC game. Last season Ferentz had more players coming back than he does this season. Ferentz is famous for good seasons when he is suppose to be down, and poor seasons when he is suppose to be up. While I wagered on Iowa to go over the 8.5 wins posted for their total regular season wins, I will be watching the lines closely because I think that Iowa can be a great fade this season. Last year 3 of Iowa's 4 regular season losses came at home, so the schedule does not mean as much as people think. Iowa is 6-8 S/U at home in the past two seasons and 4-8 ATS at home during that time. Now who schooled who?
    Big.....come on, Iowa beat Nebraska last year by 21 in Lincoln.

    Take a look at Iowa's schedule.....show me any loss before November. Hell, show me loss before November 22nd.

    So it comes down to Wisconsin. And while Wisconsin is a nice team, I don't think they are Alabama by any stretch.

    Iowa has a very easy Big 10 schedule, and you may be right.. they may fold. But remember, the topic here.. Iowa's inclusion as a team to make the NCAA playoff.

    Not a guarantee, a possibility.

    I think Steele is using Iowa's schedule as a reason to include them, and I can't argue with that.

    More to that. I agree with him leaving UCLA out of the discussion. They play Stanford and Oregon (2 teams that just beat UCLA down), USC, Arizona State on a Thursday on the road, at Washington, and Arizona. I think there are easy 2-4 losses on UCLA's schedule.

    As easy as Iowa's schedule is.. UCLA's is that difficult.

    Again, I think the list Steele makes has more to do with their path to the playoff than the talent on the roster.

    I think Notre Dame will be a much better team than Iowa, but I also don't think ND has a chance at making the playoff with road games at Florida State, USC, and Arizona State, and then having Michigan and Stanford at home.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eeezzzz

  8. #8
    pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 60,026

    I can give you my Top 24 teams that can win the championship this year if interested.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/16/2017

    BTP
    Week 9
    3-2-0 183 pts

    BTP
    Week 8
    3-2-0 2 pts


  9. #9
    Slick Lizard
    Slick Lizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-04-14
    Posts: 56
    Betpoints: 1658

    I personally do read Steele's preview cover to cover as well as a few others. I do think that Steele's is the best of the group but it also must be taken for what it is, which is one mans opinion. While most of theses previews are full of regurgitated bs they can be useful for ensuring that something has not been missed in your own research. I pay no attention to how he ranks the teams but there is solid info to be found. He is desperate however as he creates new lists and rankings every year and one of them is bound to be something he can brag about in next years issue. Hell, I could pick the national champion or the biggest surprise team with a great degree of certainty if given 20 chances like he gives himself in his preview.

  10. #10
    Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-13-09
    Posts: 3,964
    Betpoints: 11719

    My biggest gripe on Iowa really is how the Big Ten was so weak last year. It may improve, but it has too far to go to be taken seriously in 2015.

  11. #11
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Lizard View Post
    I personally do read Steele's preview cover to cover as well as a few others. I do think that Steele's is the best of the group but it also must be taken for what it is, which is one mans opinion. While most of theses previews are full of regurgitated bs they can be useful for ensuring that something has not been missed in your own research. I pay no attention to how he ranks the teams but there is solid info to be found. He is desperate however as he creates new lists and rankings every year and one of them is bound to be something he can brag about in next years issue. Hell, I could pick the national champion or the biggest surprise team with a great degree of certainty if given 20 chances like he gives himself in his preview.
    I agree. Remember, Steele comes from the old school when it comes to making predictions. He and his group at Northcoast paid big time fines for playing both ends against the middle. They had about 20 serives so if team "A" played team "B", one service would give out team "A" and another team "B". It is the same thinking that he uses in his rag. He lists USC and Stanford in his 15 teams in his National Championship Mode, but then ranks them #12 and 20 in his 2014 rankings. He does not list UCLA or Oregon in his 15 teams in his National Championship Mode, but ranks them #5 and 6 in his rankings. Steele uses a bunch of meaningless words to try and manipulate the reader into thinking that he actually knows what he is saying, when in fact, he does not. It is amazing that Steele's Rag and Athlon Sports have the exact same teams ranked #1-4. The Steele has UCLA, Oregon, Georgia, Baylor Auburn and South Carolina to round out his Top 10. Athlon has Auburn, Oregon, UCLA, Georgia, South Carolina and Baylor. The same teams in a slightly different order. They both have Michigan State ranked at #11. The big difference here is that Athlon does all of this with over 1000 less words than Steele and is cheaper. Your choice, but just remember that Steele is the same as any other publication as far as accurate information goes.

  12. #12
    chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-08-11
    Posts: 802
    Betpoints: 13420

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Once again, the desperate Phil Steele has come up with another list of his top teams. These are teams that he feels fit the "National Championship Mode" this season. Notice who he excludes as well as includes:

    Alabama
    Baylor
    Clemson
    Florida St
    Iowa
    Kansas St
    Louisville
    LSU
    Michigan St
    Ohio St
    Oklahoma
    Ole Miss
    Stanford
    USC
    Wisconsin

    I will tell you right now that Clemson, Iowa, Kansas State, Louisville, Ole Miss, Stanford, and Wisconsin have absolutely NO chance of getting to the playoffs. Baylor and USC are very iffy. He excludes Oregon, UCLA, (Both of which have a much better chance of getting to the playoffs than Stanford or USC have), Auburn, Georgia, and South Carolina, to name a few.

    Steele is getting very desperate. His once prould magazine now spills out so much garbage that it is nearly impossible to read with a straight face. He picks the EXACT same Top 4 teams as Athlon does, yet Athlon comes out much earlier than his rag. Now I know that Steele is desperate for sales, but he constantly contradicts himself. He picks Stanford and USC in this article, but has UCLA and Oregon at 5 and 6. IMO, he is desperate and his magazine, with it's thousands of useless and unnecessary words prove it.
    Steele provides as good as it gets as far as cheap information....bar none. After that, it's up to you. WTF? The rest is just BS...Wake Up

  13. #13
    Kaplan
    Kaplan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-11
    Posts: 133
    Betpoints: 630

    Steele sells mags, and sports picks. He's a millionaire. Meanwhile, You post 100 times a day on a talk forum.

  14. #14
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    Steele sells mags, and sports picks. He's a millionaire. Meanwhile, You post 100 times a day on a talk forum.
    Steele is nowheres close to being a millionaire. I, on the other hand, have more money than you or Steel will ever see. Answer this question. If Steele were a millionaire, why would he spend so much money on his rags, which are no longer sold in many stores in California, his phone lines, and his advertising trying to convince us that he knows what he is doing? Why would he do that? Why would he be based in some little dumpy town outside of Cleveland? Who would want to live in Cleveland? Here is a little clue about touts like Steele, Lawrence, Feist, and the rest of them. If they really knew what they were talking about, they would not spend the money trying to sell suckers their picks. They would simply make these plays themselves. Does that make sense to you? You have been a member since 1 of 2011 and you have a whopping 113 posts. You really should research what you are talking about before you post.

  15. #15
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    Steele provides as good as it gets as far as cheap information....bar none. After that, it's up to you. WTF? The rest is just BS...Wake Up
    I said that the only difference between Steele and a rag like Athlon is the price, and the fact that Steele uses about 1000 unnecessary words to fatten up his rag, just like ranchers use hormones to fatten up their beef and poultry. Steel is all B.S. as far as his picks are concerned. I constantly challenge him to a yearly wager, but he refuses me. Something about some type of legal problem he would have. That is B.S. He is just afraid to lose. But you go ahead and follow him and his picks and lose. 85% of the people who actually wager in here are losers, and NO ONE has questioned that stat. I post my picks in here on a spreadsheet. Most people in here are too chicken s**t to do that. Are you willing to do that? Probably not.

  16. #16
    pettifogger
    pettifogger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-11-14
    Posts: 51

    I'm a simple f*ck but I would like to say something in defense of Steele . Last year I subscribed to his Power Plays newsletter for $79.00 . His NFL picks went 38-32 for 54% . His college plays went 140-92 for 60% . As small a I bet I still made a fun piece of change. His magazine would better at 1/3 of its size.

  17. #17
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Quote Originally Posted by pettifogger View Post
    I'm a simple f*ck but I would like to say something in defense of Steele . Last year I subscribed to his Power Plays newsletter for $79.00 . His NFL picks went 38-32 for 54% . His college plays went 140-92 for 60% . As small a I bet I still made a fun piece of change. His magazine would better at 1/3 of its size.
    I am glad you did so well, and I totally agree. His magazine would be better at 1/3rd it's size. For some reason, no one out here is carrying them anymore. You can still get Lindy's, Athlon, the Sporting News. and others, but NOT Steele's mag. When I asked someone in the business why they no longer carry Steele's mag, he said that no one bought them last year.

  18. #18
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I am glad you did so well, and I totally agree. His magazine would be better at 1/3rd it's size. For some reason, no one out here is carrying them anymore. You can still get Lindy's, Athlon, the Sporting News. and others, but NOT Steele's mag. When I asked someone in the business why they no longer carry Steele's mag, he said that no one bought them last year.
    Big.. come on man.

    I'll tell you why Steele has limited distribution.

    And it has nothing to do with how many are sold.

    There are three major magazine distributors still left in our country..... and they act like the mafia. Publishers sell their magazines to them...sometimes at a loss, in order to move the large numbers of magazines they produce.

    Athlon/Sporting News/Lindy's all publish more than just a college football magazine... they publish fantasy football, and baseball, NBA and College Basketball previews.. hell, Athlon, TSN also publish NFL Draft issues, as well as a Golf magazine. Because of that.. they are able to distribute their magazine at 1/3 of Steele has to pay.

    In order to compensate for that, Steele uses a regional company to move his magazines.... primarily to big box retailers, grocers, Wal Mart, Target, CVS, Walgreen's, Books-a-Million, and Barnes and Noble....

    It is actually brilliant marketing... he gets his magazines to the big box high volume retailers.... without having to give his product away..

    Think of it. Steele's magazine is in the 2 largest retailers in our country.... Wal Mart and Target.

    And the two largest brick and mortar bookstores.... Barnes and Noble and BAM.

    And.. the two largest pharmacy chains... CVS and Walgreens.

    How can you find fault with that?

    How do I know this? 2 of those are clients of my company....

    I am looking for it the Estel Report now to link it for you.... but Steele sold more Magazines in 2013 than Lindy's and Athlon. TSN took a year off last year.

    Come on Big... you're better than this.

  19. #19
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Steele is nowheres close to being a millionaire. I, on the other hand, have more money than you or Steel will ever see. Answer this question. If Steele were a millionaire, why would he spend so much money on his rags, which are no longer sold in many stores in California, his phone lines, and his advertising trying to convince us that he knows what he is doing? Why would he do that? Why would he be based in some little dumpy town outside of Cleveland? Who would want to live in Cleveland? Here is a little clue about touts like Steele, Lawrence, Feist, and the rest of them. If they really knew what they were talking about, they would not spend the money trying to sell suckers their picks. They would simply make these plays themselves. Does that make sense to you? You have been a member since 1 of 2011 and you have a whopping 113 posts. You really should research what you are talking about before you post.
    Big... Steele is worth more than a million.

    Easily. His printed and mag sold 129,000 magazines last year... that is 1.7 just in magazine revenue, it doesn't include any of the powersweep stuff.....Steele probably nets anywhere between 1.1-1.9 a year.

  20. #20
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    The fact is that NONE of the stores that you mentioned carry his rag out here. No one. They just do not sell. They are too long and dragged out for the average fan. Steele is nowheres near as rich as you think he is. If he were, he would get out of the business. The Feds watch him and Northcoast. He has already gone down once. Again, if he is so independently wealthy and knows so much about football, why does he waste all of his time allegedly writing his magazine? Why did he have to come up with a pro version this season? Why doesn't he just do what I do. Get things set up in Vegas and wager whenever he wants. If you were worth millions, like you claim Steele is, would you continue to work your tail off? This is the one question that none of the Touts can answer. If you are so good, why waste all of your moey on employees, Phone banks, printing costs, distribution costs, and everything else? Why not just go to Vegas or hire a runner and wager on whomever and whenerver you want to? I have asked that question to several prominent touts and NONE of them came up with an answer. We KNOW what the answer is.

  21. #21
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The fact is that NONE of the stores that you mentioned carry his rag out here. No one. They just do not sell. They are too long and dragged out for the average fan. Steele is nowheres near as rich as you think he is. If he were, he would get out of the business. The Feds watch him and Northcoast. He has already gone down once. Again, if he is so independently wealthy and knows so much about football, why does he waste all of his time allegedly writing his magazine? Why did he have to come up with a pro version this season? Why doesn't he just do what I do. Get things set up in Vegas and wager whenever he wants. If you were worth millions, like you claim Steele is, would you continue to work your tail off? This is the one question that none of the Touts can answer. If you are so good, why waste all of your moey on employees, Phone banks, printing costs, distribution costs, and everything else? Why not just go to Vegas or hire a runner and wager on whomever and whenerver you want to? I have asked that question to several prominent touts and NONE of them came up with an answer. We KNOW what the answer is.
    The part I highlighted is dumb and I can't believe you wrote that.

    You think just because you make money, you should stop working?

    Hmmmmm.

    You mean, like Sam Walton? (The creator of Wal Mart for those of you who don't know who that is), was still loading and unloading trucks in his 70's.

    Warren Buffet has a few dimes to spare. He works 13 hour days.

    You would think after he earned the first 40 fuking Billion, he may cut back some, but not Buffet.

    Mark Cuban is said to arrive in his office every single day at 330 AM, and he sleeps no more than 4 hours a day. You'd think he quit after his first 900 million, right?

    I can't even believe you would suggest he stop working.... what the penetrate is that about?

    Big, I think you're hating just to hate.

    I give the guy credit.

    He started in a penetrating garage in Cleveland, and is now everywhere. He's on something like 200 stations, his magazine..whether you like it or not, sold more than Lindy's and Athlon's....ESPN just signed him for original content on their Saturday ESPN Radio program.

    Steele doesn't do this for the tout end of things.... he uses the tout angle to move the needle, get in the discussion.

    I hate touts, but I don't hate anyone who makes their own brand, and beats everyone doing it.

    I know I wish I had his business....it sure would beat working for a living.
    Last edited by SamDiamond; 07-17-14 at 01:11 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

  22. #22
    Big Bear
    Sharp as a Tack!
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 36,618
    Betpoints: 7661

    say iowa does run the table would they ohio state in the big 10 championship or michigan state?

  23. #23
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Sam. The problem with Steele (other than the fact that he is a convicted felon) is that he does not beat anyone. He could not pick a winner to save his life if challenged, which is why he refuses challenges of many other totes and private individuals. He is like a guy who writes books and mags about poker playing but will NOT play in a money game with the best in the wrold. There are a lot of guys in here that love to play poker on line, but challenge them to show up at a live game and watch the excuses flow. Did it ever strike you as odd that Steele would never participate in Tout contests at the Stardust or the Hilton?

  24. #24
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    say iowa does run the table would they ohio state in the big 10 championship or michigan state?
    They are NOT going to run the table.

  25. #25
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Sam. The problem with Steele (other than the fact that he is a convicted felon) is that he does not beat anyone. He could not pick a winner to save his life if challenged, which is why he refuses challenges of many other totes and private individuals. He is like a guy who writes books and mags about poker playing but will NOT play in a money game with the best in the wrold. There are a lot of guys in here that love to play poker on line, but challenge them to show up at a live game and watch the excuses flow. Did it ever strike you as odd that Steele would never participate in Tout contests at the Stardust or the Hilton?
    First, of all...explain the convicted felon tag you hit him with.

    As for the rest.

    It's smart business Big.

    What does Steele gain from playing a private individual? Give me one reason why he should do that?

    Give me one reason why Steele should accept a challenge from some guy sitting in his living room?

    You're acting like you and I should be able to send him a penetrating email and he would accept our challenge? What nutjob would do something like that?

    Who in their right mind would accept that challenge?

    Look at the front page of ESPN's College Football page....guess who has an article up for ESPNInsiders?

    It's not me, and it's not you.

    Listen, I have no idea what you have against Steele. It doesn't make any sense to me.

    Whether you like it or not, he's successful. That's the bottom line.

  26. #26
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    He is successful, but nowheres near as rich as you think he is. He was convicted of fraud for Northcoast giving out both teams in various phone services they had, thus playing both ends against the middle. He and Northcoast paid some serious cash in fines to the Feds, and Steele was placed on probation for several years. He also did a little time. Remember ATS? I had friends who got burned by him.

    As far as the rest of your e-mail, use your head. Why work and have to shell out large coin for your business that may, or may not be a success when you can just sit back and make more money wagering on Football. Now I still own my own business, but I have others run it. I look in on it occasionally, but I do not worry because I know my people and I know that they would not do anything to put their jobs in jeopardy. They make too much money for that.

    The fact is that Steele has no clue when it comes to gaming. Forget about me. What about all of the invites he has turned down by Vegas Casino's. That just proves that he is too Chicken S**t to put his alleged money where his mouth is. Guys like Steele are a dime a dozen. His advantage is the fact that he has a rag. Other than that, he is just another one of the hundreds of guys trying to hustle Joe Pub for a buck.

  27. #27
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    He is successful, but nowheres near as rich as you think he is. He was convicted of fraud for Northcoast giving out both teams in various phone services they had, thus playing both ends against the middle. He and Northcoast paid some serious cash in fines to the Feds, and Steele was placed on probation for several years. He also did a little time. Remember ATS? I had friends who got burned by him.

    As far as the rest of your e-mail, use your head. Why work and have to shell out large coin for your business that may, or may not be a success when you can just sit back and make more money wagering on Football. Now I still own my own business, but I have others run it. I look in on it occasionally, but I do not worry because I know my people and I know that they would not do anything to put their jobs in jeopardy. They make too much money for that.

    The fact is that Steele has no clue when it comes to gaming. Forget about me. What about all of the invites he has turned down by Vegas Casino's. That just proves that he is too Chicken S**t to put his alleged money where his mouth is. Guys like Steele are a dime a dozen. His advantage is the fact that he has a rag. Other than that, he is just another one of the hundreds of guys trying to hustle Joe Pub for a buck.
    Big, I'm not saying you're wrong.

    But I did an ACEXM search, and used 3 different search engines.. nothing came back with Northcoast getting fined, or Steele getting arrested.

    Nothing.

    Do you have a link to that?

  28. #28
    Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-12-11
    Posts: 3,428
    Betpoints: 811

    Northcoast never gives out both sides. I used to be a customer for about 10 yrs. they do however have a bunch of service plays so if one is doing bad they can tout the one doing good. They're an avg service and nowheres near as good as they make themselves out to be.

  29. #29
    jc1123
    jc1123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-14
    Posts: 55
    Betpoints: 500

    I cant believe this thread, wow!!!!!!

  30. #30
    Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-06-11
    Posts: 5,958

    Quote Originally Posted by jc1123 View Post
    I cant believe this thread, wow!!!!!!
    What can't you believe???

  31. #31
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-09
    Posts: 13,112
    Betpoints: 2722

    It is just a discussion between two friends. No big deal.

  32. #32
    Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-15-08
    Posts: 8,415
    Betpoints: 4201

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It is just a discussion between two friends. No big deal.

    ...

    Last edited by downsouth; 07-21-14 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Removed insults/vulgar

  33. #33
    SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-19-12
    Posts: 6,126
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It is just a discussion between two friends. No big deal.
    Yeah, I don't get worked up and I like guys who exchange opinions/ideas.

    I respect Big's opinion.

    Good debate/discussion if good for the board.

  34. #34
    Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-14-09
    Posts: 3,205
    Betpoints: 3231

    Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Big, I'm not saying you're wrong.

    But I did an ACEXM search, and used 3 different search engines.. nothing came back with Northcoast getting fined, or Steele getting arrested.

    Nothing.

    Do you have a link to that?

    Sam, he has a link to nothing because (as usual) he is full of shit.Like you (although I went a little farther), I did quite a bit of research after reading the crap that came off of the BDQH keyboard in regards to Phil Steele/North Coast... and, like you, I could find ZERO evidence supporting any of his alleged facts.

  35. #35
    Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-14-09
    Posts: 3,205
    Betpoints: 3231

    Quote Originally Posted by jc1123 View Post
    I cant believe this thread, wow!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    What can't you believe???
    Urban, he's only been registered here for a couple of days. He is probably under the assumption that people here only make truthful statements.

    Give him time... I'm sure he'll sort out the wheat from the chaff/realize who the imbeciles are.

12 Last
Top