tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Harbaugh to Michigan

From Rotoworld via Bleacher Report unconfirmed.

Cole: Harbaugh will sign 6 yr deal with MICH

Jason Cole cites two 49ers staff members and one other NFL source who say Jim Harbaugh will accept a six-year, $48 million contract to become Michigan's next HC.

Pardon us for going ahead and placing Harbaugh's name in a Michigan shell, but we thought it was better than using Brady Hoke's. "That's what everybody on staff believes is going to happen this week," one of Cole's sources said. "Jim has figured out that his style is best-suited for the college game. His shtick works better with young guys who are gone after three or four years." It had previously been reported that Harbaugh's management will meet with Michigan and Raiders officials as soon as the season is over, which is Sunday. Harbaugh has collegiate coaching experience at Stanford and San Diego.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

He has a good agent so Jimmy will be set for life - good move

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Bad move. He's been there done that. He's moving backwards. Pete Carroll is truly a better coach

Sam Odom

TW , most of that is just internet bravado - Guy is following the $$$ which in the end is what 99.99% of us would do

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Bad move. He's been there done that. He's moving backwards. Pete Carroll is truly a better coach
    Uhhh....Pete did this exact same thing, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

TwoWays

Money will always be there for hardballs for rest of his life. He will get big contract after big contract til he decides to stop coaching.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Now all Michigan needs to do is cheat better like the rest of the top schools and actually pay for some better players.

Sam Odom

Got to recruit brothas from the southland - hard to keep them up there in the winter

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's tougher To win in college now as parity is running rampant

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

hope they put a clause in his contract stating he has to ditch the oversized khaki pants.....

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

this is a good fit and will work out great

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Wish him the best

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    From Rotoworld via Bleacher Report unconfirmed.

Cole: Harbaugh will sign 6 yr deal with MICH

Jason Cole cites two 49ers staff members and one other NFL source who say Jim Harbaugh will accept a six-year, $48 million contract to become Michigan's next HC.

Pardon us for going ahead and placing Harbaugh's name in a Michigan shell, but we thought it was better than using Brady Hoke's. "That's what everybody on staff believes is going to happen this week," one of Cole's sources said. "Jim has figured out that his style is best-suited for the college game. His shtick works better with young guys who are gone after three or four years." It had previously been reported that Harbaugh's management will meet with Michigan and Raiders officials as soon as the season is over, which is Sunday. Harbaugh has collegiate coaching experience at Stanford and San Diego.

Bingo on that one. He is much like Saban. Both are brilliant coaches and both are assholes who need to teach younger players, not players that make more than them.

TwoWays

Comparing hardballs to saban, that's a disservice to jim. Those 9ers management are about the power not winning.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Good I didn't want him going to Oakland.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Pete is light years better than Harbaugh, probably the very reason Harbaugh is tucking his tail and running.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Of course hell be successful at Mich. And he'll be itching to be back in the NFL in 2 years

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pete Carroll is one of the best coaches of all times it's already been proven on both levels

I don't know about Jimmy getting Michigan in the top 10

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    TW , most of that is just internet bravado - Guy is following the $$$ which in the end is what 99.99% of us would do
    Because no NFL franchise would match -- or surpass -- that offer?

Terrible move by Harbaugh. Giving up working with the world's best football players and the chance to win a ring (something his brother has and he doesn't despite being on the cusp) to compete with Ohio State and Michigan State (two Top-10 programs) on the recruiting trail 24/7 at a has-been midwest school in a has-been conference. He'll regret it from the second he signs on the dotted line, if he doesn't already. Dumb shit. Obviously a very emotional, impulsive person based on his sideline antics and inability to work with SF's front office. This just verifies it.

Dude may know his football, but he makes decisions like a woman and will pay for this one.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Wait, how did Tattdy break this story before Sammy???

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

His coaching style doesn't mix well with nfl players that are grown men. At least so I've heard, I know some, probably most, players love him though. Ultimately just couldn't co exist with upper management. I really hope nobody boos him on Sunday afternoon, guy single handily resurrected that franchise

If he really wanted the NFL hed at least give some teams a listen/interview. He ran for mich job quick. I think he's done with nfl

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

And I really don't get what's so appealing about this michigan job. Michigan.....??

I think he went to michigan though?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    His coaching style doesn't mix well with nfl players that are grown men. At least so I've heard, I know some, probably most, players love him though. Ultimately just couldn't co exist with upper management. I really hope nobody boos him on Sunday afternoon, guy single handily resurrected that franchise

If he really wanted the NFL hed at least give some teams a listen/interview. He ran for mich job quick. I think he's done with nfl
    Agree with all of this, which is sad when you think about it.

Bottom line: he couldn't cut it in the NFL because of his ego. Given his success on the field, that's pretty pathetic.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I believe that Jimmy actually has emotional issues. I think he knows the game, but managing a team is a lot more than understanding the tactics of football.

Unfortunately, for Jimmy, he has lost his team. What college can do for him that the NFL cannot, is a fresh supply of players. IN the NFL you don't get that rotation.

I hope he goes there, and doesn't come back. In one of the 49ers first games this season I saw him challenge the spot of the first play of the game. The referees marked it as 9 yards and he thought it was a generous spot....I mean christ, who cares? They are getting the first down anyway....AND he was wrong, his ego wasted a TO 30 seconds into a game. I could see his players body language....they think he is a douche.

Good riddance.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I believe that Jimmy actually has emotional issues. I think he knows the game, but managing a team is a lot more than understanding the tactics of football.

Unfortunately, for Jimmy, he has lost his team. What college can do for him that the NFL cannot, is a fresh supply of players. IN the NFL you don't get that rotation.

I hope he goes there, and doesn't come back. In one of the 49ers first games this season I saw him challenge the spot of the first play of the game. The referees marked it as 9 yards and he thought it was a generous spot....I mean christ, who cares? They are getting the first down anyway....AND he was wrong, his ego wasted a TO 30 seconds into a game. I could see his players body language....they think he is a douche.

Good riddance.
    One thing is certain: after a few years, no matter where he is, his act starts to really wear on people.

Too bad, because the guy obviously knows his shit.

TwoWays

He seems ok to me. I think people just say that about him cause of insecurity. He accomplished one job and move onto next. Doesn't mean he rubs people the wrong way. 9ers will find out hard way soon enough. He will succeed time and again wherever he goes

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Because no NFL franchise would match -- or surpass -- that offer?

Terrible move by Harbaugh. Giving up working with the world's best football players and the chance to win a ring (something his brother has and he doesn't despite being on the cusp) to compete with Ohio State and Michigan State (two Top-10 programs) on the recruiting trail 24/7 at a has-been midwest school in a has-been conference. He'll regret it from the second he signs on the dotted line, if he doesn't already. Dumb shit. Obviously a very emotional, impulsive person based on his sideline antics and inability to work with SF's front office. This just verifies it.

Dude may know his football, but he makes decisions like a woman and will pay for this one.
    Mich St is not a top 10 program. I would say it isn't a top 30 program.

TwoWays

And that David shaw character sure turned all of hardballs hard work at Stanford into shit right quick.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    And I really don't get what's so appealing about this michigan job. Michigan.....??

I think he went to michigan though?
    me neither

he could have done way better than michigan

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Pete Caroll is 10xxxx better. Its an insult to Pete Caroll to even mention Harbaugh in the same sentence as him.

That being said as a Buckeye fan i dont even consider Michigan our rival. Hell I just feel sorry for Michigan most of the time. Ohio State's real rivals are Michigan State and Wisconsin.

Harbaugh will be fired from this gig in under 3 years. Urban Meyer about to make him his bitch the same way the 49ers are the Seahawks bitch.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Why would they pay him 8 mil a year, thats just silly. Sure that stuff just makes the amateur athletes sick to their stomach.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Michigan hasnt had a good football team since Lloyd Carr left. I had ton of respect for Carr great coach and he seemed like a really cool dude. Maybe if Harbaugh dont work out they can give him another shot.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

No doubt now Bama will redo Saban's contract and make it equal or more, Saban does nothing but blame others when they lose, what does he really do anyway, doesnt call plays, just paces about and complains. Gets the best players simply because he coached NFL and the youngsters think going to Bama will get them into the league, he's just a built up name. Recruits will fly to Michigan now based on Harbaugh having coached in NFL and had some success, still best players are in the south and they aint going up there.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pete Carroll is one of the best coaches of all times it's already been proven on both levels

I don't know about Jimmy getting Michigan in the top 10
    Bill Belichick and it's not even close.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post

Recruits will fly to Michigan now...

Maybe for a recruiting visit then sign elsewhere
    Points Awarded:

No coincidences gave Sam Odom 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

123 Last