Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Any futures out there on over/under wins?

I can't find anything...just looking for over/under wins on the year. Or a timetable on when these come out, thanks.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

There are about 75 lines out now. Check 5Dimes.

Cuse0323

Nice, thanks.

Syracuse over 5 -145

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Syracuse should easily take care of Villanova and win their game at Central Michigan. I also pencil them in with wins at Wake and NC State at home. I see losses at Clemson, against Louisville, Florida State, and Notre Dame. That adds up to 4-4. They must win two of the following games. Maryland, Duke and At Pitt and at Boston College to finish the season. While winning two of those geams is certainly doable, I would not give nearly 3-2 to wager on it. -145 is just too much vig to lay.

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

When do the lines for season wins close?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Normally the week before the first games are played. If you are thinking bout waiting it out and checking to see who get injured, don't waste your time. They will refuse the wager and take the team off the board if anythig like that happens.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Syracuse should easily take care of Villanova and win their game at Central Michigan. I also pencil them in with wins at Wake and NC State at home. I see losses at Clemson, against Louisville, Florida State, and Notre Dame. That adds up to 4-4. They must win two of the following games. Maryland, Duke and At Pitt and at Boston College to finish the season. While winning two of those geams is certainly doable, I would not give nearly 3-2 to wager on it. -145 is just too much vig to lay.
    Yeah, the juice is rough on this one but I see 7 wins. I have them winning the games you mentioned along with two out of Maryland/Duke/Pitt/BC and I also think they snag one from your 4 losses. I think they take down Notre Dame or L'Ville. I honestly think they may win 8 games but will absolutely win at least 6.

Cuse0323

We continue to build year after year and if we can keep coach George McDonald around, watch out. Top 25, here we come.

He continues to bring in talent from Florida and other schools we've never had a connection too. He's gonna get some big time money soon though and I doubt it's from us unfortunately. Just happy that he is helping to get us back on track and become a perennial top 25 team soon enough. Not gonna win any National Championships anytime soon but the future is bright.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    We continue to build year after year and if we can keep coach George McDonald around, watch out. Top 25, here we come.

He continues to bring in talent from Florida and other schools we've never had a connection too. He's gonna get some big time money soon though and I doubt it's from us unfortunately. Just happy that he is helping to get us back on track and become a perennial top 25 team soon enough. Not gonna win any National Championships anytime soon but the future is bright.
    Very nice post and good luck to you and your Syracuse team this year and in the future!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Syracuse may improve, but they will never have the talent that Florida State and Clemson get. Last season they lost to those two schools by a combined score of 108-17. This season they play Maryland, Notre Dame, Lousiville, and Florida State in a 4 week stretch. Then they go on the road to Wake, and Clemson. It is certainly possible that they come out of that with 5 losses in 6 weeks. They also finish at Pitt and Boston College. They are going to lose a lot of starters after this season, espically on defense. It may well be do or die for Syracuse this season. They are a Northern School and Northern Schools are simply no match for Southern Schools like Florida State, Clemson, Miami, Va. Tech, and other traditionally strong schools south of the Mason/Dixon line. That is a fact.

Cuse0323

Syracuse may improve, but they will never have the talent that Florida State and Clemson get. Last season they lost to those two schools by a combined score of 108-17. This season they play Maryland, Notre Dame, Lousiville, and Florida State in a 4 week stretch. Then they go on the road to Wake, and Clemson. It is certainly possible that they come out of that with 5 losses in 6 weeks. They also finish at Pitt and Boston College. They are going to lose a lot of starters after this season, espically on defense. It may well be do or die for Syracuse this season. They are a Northern School and Northern Schools are simply no match for Southern Schools like Florida State, Clemson, Miami, Va. Tech, and other traditionally strong schools south of the Mason/Dixon line. That is a fact.
    No doubt, we are what we are. Just glad we have come back from the mess that Greg Robinson started. We have a new IPF being built so we're doing what we can to compete with big boys. The Cuse will never win a National Championship in my lifetime, most likely but I think eventually we can at least win the ACC one year when the stars align. We have offers to the big boy 5 star recruits out there, just need a couple to take the plunge and come aboard.

Hoping Alin Edouard a three star from Florida may be that guy to get us going. Dual threat QB with some offers from some big names

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Very nice post and good luck to you and your Syracuse team this year and in the future!
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

It's tough to bleed Orange when it comes to football but you gotta stay loyal.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks man, appreciate it.

It's tough to bleed Orange when it comes to football but you gotta stay loyal.
    and that can be appreciated!

DorisTerry
    DorisTerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can I bet in it?? when it will be close? I am interested in betting and most of the time I won too. Is there anyone who likes betting?

Go Beavers
    Go Beavers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has anyone seen the total for the Iowa Hawkeys. When do they release in vegas? Hoping its around o/u 8 I think they win 9 at thr very least but have them at 10-11

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Go Beavers View Post
    Has anyone seen the total for the Iowa Hawkeys. When do they release in vegas? Hoping its around o/u 8 I think they win 9 at thr very least but have them at 10-11
    Iowa is Over 8 1/2 -110, which is about even money. Go under and it is the same -110. Iowa is a funny team. Ferentz is one of the most over-rated HC's in the nation. His team should go 10-0 going into the last games of the season, when they host both Wisconsin and Nebraska in a 6 day period. Iowa has had two 2 loss seasons under Ferentz, and gone 8-5 the next year every time. Last season they returned 6 starters on offense and 8 on defense, yet managed only an 8-5 season. This year the lines are the strongest point of both the offense and defense. With a very soft schedule one would think that Iowa is a lock for winning 9 games, but the linesmakers know Ferentz's history. Still, I think the over is a solid wager here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Cuse0323

Iowa is Over 8 1/2 -110, which is about even money. Go under and it is the same -110. Iowa is a funny team. Ferentz is one of the most over-rated HC's in the nation. His team should go 10-0 going into the last games of the season, when they host both Wisconsin and Nebraska in a 6 day period. Iowa has had two 2 loss seasons under Ferentz, and gone 8-5 the next year every time. Last season they returned 6 starters on offense and 8 on defense, yet managed only an 8-5 season. This year the lines are the strongest point of both the offense and defense. With a very soft schedule one would think that Iowa is a lock for winning 9 games, but the linesmakers know Ferentz's history. Still, I think the over is a solid wager here.
    Spot on, his teams are easy to prepare for as you know what you're getting. That schedule is ridiculously weak. No MSU, OSU, Michigan...wow. No real tough road games, he better win 9 but no clue on what talent they have this year but that schedule can't be much more in their favor.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

It will be interesting to see what develops, but Iowa will not win the Big 10 because they do not have the talent to defeat either Michigan State or Ohio State in the CC game. One of Iowa's problems is their poor record at home. They are 6-7 at home in the past two years, and that is a very poor record for a team that is suppose to be capable of challenging for the Big 10 title. With Northwestern, Wisconsin and Nebraska at home in November, .500 play at home is not going to cut it.

Slick Lizard
    Slick Lizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1658

Iowa is not improved so much as the schedule is improved and this coaching staff seems to have their team flat enough to lose at least one game a year that they should win. If a team is to win a conf championship they must win the games that they are supposed to win and Iowa does not do that consistently.

Cuse0323

Trying to find lines that I like but the best ones are juiced. I do like Arizona State under 7 +100 for some reason, just think they regress this year. Minnesota under 6 -105 is intriguing to me too.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by DorisTerry View Post
    I am interested in betting and most of the time I won too. Is there anyone who likes betting?
    On SBR? Not really.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by DorisTerry View Post
    Can I bet in it?? when it will be close? I am interested in betting and most of the time I won too. Is there anyone who likes betting?
    Seriously?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Trying to find lines that I like but the best ones are juiced. I do like Arizona State under 7 +100 for some reason, just think they regress this year. Minnesota under 6 -105 is intriguing to me too.
    I see 6 easy wins for Arizona State, so 7 could well be a push. Minnesota is a poor play. Wins against Eastern Illinois, Middle Tennessee, San Jose State, and Purdue, all at home, give them 4 wins right off the bat. A win at Illinois makes it 5 wins, and at that point, any other win kills your wager.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I see 6 easy wins for Arizona State, so 7 could well be a push. Minnesota is a poor play. Wins against Eastern Illinois, Middle Tennessee, San Jose State, and Purdue, all at home, give them 4 wins right off the bat. A win at Illinois makes it 5 wins, and at that point, any other win kills your wager.
    Yep. If Jerry Kill can stay upright all season, this will go over 6 without a doubt. One of the best coaches out there IMO.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I really do not think he matters so much as the team unity no matter who is patroling the sidelines.

Cuse0323

Probably right, just a gut feeling that both teams have a down year and lose some unexpected games.