8badtuna
    8badtuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capital one bowl: Penn st favored vs lsu???

ill admit i am completely biased being an LSU fan, but i saw the line last night at PENN ST -3 and was completely expecting LSU to be a favorite in this game. i will definitely be on LSU for this game, not impressed with any of the 2 teams wins this year and the stronge SEC teams always seem to give BIG TEN teams hell. what do you guys think? are yall on LSU +3 as well?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I remember Florida getting blasted by Michigan in the Capital One bowl a couple of years ago. Although that Michigan team was loaded. They had 5 players on offense, and at least 3 on D get drafted. All of them start now. Breaston, Edwards, Henne, Long, The TE, and Josh Morgan(CB for the Bengals).

Penn St. doenst have that kind of team, and should get blown out. Even though LSU's QB is horrid. Although Penn St. QB is just as bad, if not worse.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

SEC is an underdog vs. the Big Ten.

Enough said!

twentyonekid
    twentyonekid's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not a penn st fan at all,but i believe penn st wins this game easily......lsu just don't have it this year,should have at least 3 more losses than they do

ROLL TIDE

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by twentyonekid View Post
    im not a penn st fan at all,but i believe penn st wins this game easily......lsu just don't have it this year,should have at least 3 more losses than they do

ROLL TIDE
    But the teams LSU narrowly won against would beat Penn State easily. The conferences are night and day in regards to team speed.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU ranked higher in AP. LSU ranked higher in Power. LSU ranked ALOT higher in SOS. LSU in strongest conference. YET PSU IS FAVORED? Something stinks in suburbia

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Wasn't LSU a dog last year vs Ga Tech? They weren't supposed to be that good last year either and they CRUSHED Ga Tech! I'm a Big Ten man all the way but the SEC's 3rd string could beat anyone in the Big Ten this year as usual!

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

LSU in this matchup. You can't look into this matchup and say LSU lost to Bama, Florida, and Ole Miss and say they should be a dog. The SEC is for men. LSU ML.

ZBOIZ

Also look at Miles bowl record. If you give him time to prepare for you he will
    beat you.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

betting on SEC dogs has been very profitable going back at leat 8 yrs

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    betting on SEC dogs has been very profitable going back at leat 8 yrs
    23-13-1, 64% ATS since 2000

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    23-13-1, 64% ATS since 2000
    I read that stat somewhere the other day but couldnt remember the exact percentage.
    thanks

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    LSU in this matchup. You can't look into this matchup and say LSU lost to Bama, Florida, and Ole Miss and say they should be a dog. The SEC is for men. LSU ML.
    Z - how does it look injury wise for LSU? Who will be out and who will be back? They looked like a MASH unit against Bama. If they have enough time to rest up and get healthy then this may be a no brainer.

ZBOIZ

We will be healthy. Even Charles Scott may come back and he was ruled out for the year. But if he doesn't we don't have a big gap at RB with Trenton Holliday the burner getting the bulk of the carries.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Will Holliday be 100%???

ZBOIZ

Yea Holliday is 100%

8badtuna
    8badtuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

there is no way holliday will get majority of the carries. ridley should get majority of the carries. holliday will get his share, but he is too small to carry the load for the majority of the game. lsu's defense should be able to man handle penn states offense. if iowa and ohio state held their offense in check i see them doing no better against a good lsu D. team speed for lsu should kill penn st.

ZBOIZ

Ridley should get majority of the carries but look for Holliday to get more than usual carries against Penn St. The reason is because Crowton will try to match his team speed against Penn St like he did against Ohio St. in the national title game.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

You are right on in this post. Losing in the SEC is one of the easiest things to do. Right next to the SEC crushing people out of conference.
    Also look at Miles bowl record. If you give him time to prepare for you he will beat you.
    Then you lost me right here. I know Miles is a master recruiter, but I think he is more of a figurehead coach who manages the team, and handles recruiting. He doesnt scheme for the team, at least I dont think so.

ZBOIZ

Miles is undefeated in bowl games. Demolishing G. Tech as a dog, Notre Dame, and Ohio State as a dog. If you give that man time to prepare for you he has shown to beat you down, regaurdless of how we personally feel about him.
    Last edited by ZBOIZ; 12-09-09 at 02:02 PM.

ZBOIZ

Also in 2005 he killed Miami 40-3

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I should like LSU here also.

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

penn st. has not been impressive this year. i like LSU to roll.

ZBOIZ

Houl

Yep, Miles is a great recruiter the guy last night just got a commitment from Jacori Gore, Frank Gore cousin. Miles went into the city of Miami and stole a recruit from Miami and Florida. He chose LSU over Alabama, Florida, and Cal. The guy is a RB and he rushed for over 2000 yards this year in a tough district in Miami. We also just got a commitment from a guy name Blue who is another RB who is by far the best RB in the state.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Houl Yep, Miles is a great recruiter the guy last night just got a commitment from Jacori Gore, Frank Gore cousin. Miles went into the city of Miami and stole a recruit from Miami and Florida. He chose LSU over Alabama, Florida, and Cal. The guy is a RB and he rushed for over 2000 yards this year in a tough district in Miami. We also just got a commitment from a guy name Blue who is another RB who is by far the best RB in the state.
    LSU needs RB's for sure, and wouldnt hurt to go QB shopping either.

ZBOIZ

They have a QB commitment and they have a guy that redshirted last year who should be pretty good. He was the Mississippi player of the year. But what a lot of people need to realize is jumping straight from highschool to the SEC at QB is severly hard. He is pretty much trying to dictate a NFL caliber scheme and speed. That's a big jump from highschool. I believe Jefferson will be fine. He practically played way before his time. He wasn't suppose to play until next year because this was suppose to be Perriloux senior year. He will be ok. But we really need rb's next year with Holliday, Kieland Williams, and Scott leaving.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I thought that LSU was an easy play, but judging by the nu,ber of people in her who are going to play them, and the total lack of expertese by some (I have seen your overall records), I am not too sure now. I mean some of you guys have really had a terrible season.

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2587

Why is Penn State favored by 3?

Because they ALWAYS WIN their bowl games, never bet against JoPa!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Penn State ALWAYS wins their bowl games? Are you just totally asleep or talking out of your head? Care to tell us what happened last year, when Penn State got their tail kicked all over the Rose Bowl. The fact of the matter is that LSU in 4-0, both S/U and ATS in Bowl Games since Miles has been there, and Penn State is 3-1 S/U, 2-2 ATS. Now you tell me who has the better bowl record. Next.

311's Avatar Become A Pro!

penn st is very solid this year line should be pk though.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

LSU should be favored. They have no offense, but Penn State does not have much of an offense against good teams either. Penn State plays in the Big 10, arguably the worst BCS Conference or close to it. They have not come close to playing the likes of an Alabama or a Florida. Here is another little tidbit of information for you to ponder over. The dog is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 Capital One Bowls.

ZBOIZ

Final Score

LSU 38

Penn State 10

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2587

BIG-10 has won 4 of last 5...( Capital One)

Stick with JoPa in a bowl game. Penn State better defense.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

lt profits , your point is well taken team speed is a big advantage, Penn state also has a very huge defensive line. This means running off the tackles should set up long runs for L.S.U.The thing that scares me Popas team play their hearts out for the old man. Penn will go up a half a point at least they are like Notre Dame public bets them no matter and forces line to move up.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU has better record, power rating, ranking, & SOS! LSU getting points looks like a lock! If I had to play it I'd play Penn St. It looks too easy!!!! JoePa lost his bowl game last year

12 Last