Kek13
    Kek13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

College Football Handicapping

What can you use to evaluate College Football players, I handicapped every projected starter in the NFL with multiple statistics from different sites and also put in a little bias in from what I have seen, but I want to do this for College Football. Right now Im going through each conference and Im going to use different categories to rate teams. The first thing im going to use is rivals and espn scouting to first get a idea of the players. Second Im going to use starts, class, and actual productivity. what else can I use and are there any other advanced statistic sites for college football players?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is much more difficult in college because you have so many more players and so many more unknowns. It is a much bigger leap from High School to College than it is from College into the Pro's. You can throw 75% of the stats you get from High School players out the window. They are useless. You can evaluate College Players after they have a full season in them, but that is about it. You are also spending a lot of time on nothing. Doing all of this work on projected starters in College ball, and Pro, to a lesser degree, is useless because of the constant number of injuries and other things that change the starting lineup every week. You would probably find it much more profitable to try and rate teams as a whole, than individual players. Also remember that coaching in College is much more important than it is in the pro's.