Sandwichman's Avatar Become A Pro!

BAMA 6/1is a lock

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwichman View Post
    BAMA 6/1is a lock
    How much did they cost you last year? 'Bama is lucky if they even get into the playoff.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Georgia Tech 500-1... book it!

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Sparty
    20-1

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Th rules have changed this season. To win the NC, you first must get into the C Game, and the only way to do that is to qualify for the 4 team playoff. Let's look at the Top 10 teams and study their chances of going undefeated, which will assure them a playoff spot.

FLORIDA ST 4-1...A loss at Miami late in the season will hurt.
    OREGON 5-1...A loss at UCLA is certainly possible, and then a game against UCLA or USC in the CC game will make it tough.
    ALABAMA 6-1...Obviously a loss at LSU is certainly possible, but do not sell Ole Miss short. Another tough away game.
    AUBURN 12-1...At Alabama, Georgia, K.State and Ole Miss is brutal.
    LSU 20-1...At Auburn and at Florida back to back does not bode well. Don't discourt a game at Arky either.
    OKLAHOMA 12-1...Who defeats them? I can't find a team that will. No CC game.
    UCLA 18-1...The schedule is just too tough. USC and Stanford back to back. Ugly
    OHIO ST 10-1...You would think that Ohio State is a lock, but they must defeat Michigan State in Lansing.
    BAYLOR 30-1...OU and Texas on the road, plus SOS kills them.
    MICHIGAN ST 20-1..A loss to Oregon means they have to run the Big 10(+4) table.

So the team that has the best chance of MAKING it to the final four appears to be Oklahoma. At 12-1, they look like they will at least get to the finals, which is more than I can say about any other team. Can they win it all? That I do not know, but having a 12-1 shot going into the final four leaves a lot of room to manipulate and hedge.

fsudboy
    fsudboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This might be blind homerism but take FSU 4-1 now if your going to take them. when the cappers see this team on the field and everybody else they will all be saying NOBODY will beat FSU this year. The whole Oline is coming back except the center who has had experience in the past because of injury. The Heisman QB nuff said there. Returning tight end Nick O leary with the most TDs by a tight end in college football last year. They're number 1 receiver Rashad Greene (kelvin Benjamin went in 1st round but had less yards then Greene). On defense the BEST SECONDARY EVER in college football. 3 out of 4 DBs are future 1st round picks with a solid group of linebackers and 1 first found defensive end with Mario Edwards and Chris casher on the other side is a stud. Also 5 star redshirt freshman Mathew thomas rushing the edge he had 3 sacks in 2 games before he was injured last year. Need some solid DT play but think the others will pick up the slack. FSU all the way. Karlos Williams at RB is a straight line fast hard nosed runner that will open up the passing game for Jameiss. Also look at their schedule. It is very favorable with UF and Notre Dame at home. Go noles and take it to the bank. I have $500 on FSU -17 1/2 on 5dimes to start my bank roll. I think the score will be about 49-14. Good Luck!!

fsudboy
    fsudboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Oregon vs UCLA if this game line comes out as a game of the year with an early line and you can get UCLA with points at home. I will be taking this for as much as possible as well. Thoughts?

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    How much did they cost you last year? 'Bama is lucky if they even get into the playoff.

Thank god for people like you.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

And by "people" I don't mean queers in particular

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by wildcorndog View Post
    And by "people" I don't mean queers in particular
    Since you are queer, you certainly would know. Now crawl back into your bottle loser. No one loses as much as you do. Or at least no claims to have lost as much as you. The fact is that you do not wager a penny.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by fsudboy View Post
    Oregon vs UCLA if this game line comes out as a game of the year with an early line and you can get UCLA with points at home. I will be taking this for as much as possible as well. Thoughts?
    You are obvoiusly a FSU homer and cannot see the big picture. Don't feel bad. Most homers suffer through the same thing. That's why it is so easy to remove a homer from his money. Next, unless you wager some petty amount of money, you will have to go to Vegas to wager a decent amount. None of the on-line books like 5Dimes allows any decent type of wager. It is rather obvious that you do not wager in Vegas, or you would know this. The lines come out on Friday, and I will be there. It all depends on what the lines are, but right now, fading Florida State at Louisville and at Miami are two plays that I am looking forward to, IF the line is right. Taking Florida State at +400 is the type of wager that pays for the fancy neon lights at the Vegas hotels. They are not a good value. As far as Oregon and Uceless are concerned, UCLA is a poor home conference wager, going 8-10 in the past 4 seasons. Oregon is 12-6 in away conference game in the past 3 seasons.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 06-10-14 at 06:46 PM.