coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

KU football will never be the same. Agree?

So because of a couple accusations from very sensitive players, Mark Mangino loses his job and Kansas football will never approach the level as it did with Mangino as coach.

People just getting softer and more sensitive as the years progress..

What are your thoughts on this? thanks

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I thinnk that Mangino could not control his temper. He lost his team this year. He has absolutely no excuse for finishing the season 0-6 in the weak Big 12 North. Losing to Colorado and K-State is inexcusable. When a coach comes under that type of fire, he must go. I hae heard both sides of the stroy, and I am sure that the truth falls somewheres in between those arguments, but the bottom line is that he did NOT have the support of a lot of his current team members. Kansas will be better off for this move. Recruiting, which is tough enough at any Kansas school, would have taken a huge hit if he were allowed to reamain.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

played there in the 90's right after Mason left. I still am in good w/ the program. Mangino is a great coach. He just got a little to personal w/ the kids when he was using discipline. I am with you bigdaddy. recruiting would have been hard next year w/ the moms and dads. Hopfully he can get his shittt together and coach in a couple of years..

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess we will never know what really happened, but he is a FOOTBALL COACH and he was too rough on some players!

SO?

From what we DO know, I say he should not be be pushed out, he went, what 13-1 2-3 yrs ago and took them to the Orange Bowl with a victory over VT! The program was in shambles for a long time when he got there.

Political correctness dominates these sort of decisions these days, academia in particular yields to even the slightest hint of someone who does not fit their PC profile.

Sad that a few whiners can get a guy like this... again, we do not know all of the facts, perhaps he went too far. But I doubt it, probably just foo foo academia all over him for being old school.
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-04-09 at 12:43 PM.

TJHotpicks
    TJHotpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Too many Twinkies got in his way.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TJHotpicks View Post
    Too many Twinkies got in his way.

They are and will always be just a basketball school