HittingGuru
    HittingGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas St/Western KY game

Anyone like Arkansas St -5.5 over Western KY? Looks like an easy winner to me.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Arkansas State has bent me over the 3 times I've bet on them. They can go sit on a corn cob.

HittingGuru

Yeah, but I think this is the time to bet them - they're playing the absolute worst team in Div I-A.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Arkansas State has bent me over the 3 times I've bet on them. They can go sit on a corn cob.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by HittingGuru View Post
    Yeah, but I think this is the time to bet them - they're playing the absolute worst team in Div I-A.
    Ark St. is not that good either, WK has yet to win a game this year and I think they may be a little more motivated to take this one. I'll take the points in this match-up of awful teams.

TUDINH
    TUDINH's Avatar Become A Pro!

go home team and get money all

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Starting QB Leonard out with a torn ACL and in his place on the road will be redshirt freshman Ryan Aplin. Thought Ark. St. was a decent play but no way I lay almost a TD in this situation. That being said, WKY is REAL bad.

Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

With Alpin (backup QB) in, they're (ASU) going to run nearly every play.

When looking at both teams' weighted success in defending the run it's shown (per Footballoutsiders.com) that ASU ranks near the lowest quartile nationally defending the run in terms of success-per-play standardized, although they do only yield about 123-yds./gm. at 3.63 per carry. WKY, though, is next to dead-last, or dead-last, in every pertinent measure of success-per-play.

ASU does, however, have a highly above-average red-zone defense when compared to their mediocrity on standard downs, being ranked 12th in the nation, allowing only 8 rushing TDs. to be scored; WKY is hovering around 84 in this metric, allowing 25 scores on the ground.

WKY gives up, literally, the 2nd-most tackles-for-loss in the nation, and accumulates the 2nd-least amount respectively.

Both teams are atrocious in their offensive 3rd-down efficiency. ASU, defensively, is back above the lowest quartile in 3rd-down defense, but WKY, again, in this metric, is the penultimate team when looking down in the column at 119, allowing teams to convert over 53% of the time.

WKY is absolutely dead-last in weighted defensive pass efficiency, while ASU has allowed opposing passers to accrue a mark of 135.08, ranking them, again, around 80th nationally.

ANYWAY......................

.....all of the metrics and shit, they're just a means for me to try and figure out this shitty, degenerate play for tomorrow.

With all things considered, I don't think the deficiencies of ASU's new QB can be exploited by WKY's defense.

Arkansas State -6

The EOG Seer
    The EOG Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked them at -5.5 but Arkansas State -6 money is moving onto them. I have them

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I like Ark St to win by at least a TD...would prefer -4 though.

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

under 51.5???

HittingGuru

Most likely it should play under - Arkansas St may be able to score some points, but I don't see Western KY scoring more than 17.

Quote Originally Posted by mann2chc View Post
    under 51.5???