paste_me's Avatar Become A Pro!

Championship weekend

Do you see any good match ups?

I am liking Houston -1, and tempted to go Gators -4.5

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The total in the Texas-Nebraska game is around 48. An under may be a consideration, seeing as both teams have such good defenses.

zerodegre
    zerodegre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Taking ECU +1

HittingGuru
    HittingGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loving GA Tech -1 over Clemson. GA Tech was killing them when they played in week 2 but had a major mid-game letdown. I don't see that happening in the championship game.

paste_me

Quote Originally Posted by zerodegre View Post
    Taking ECU +1
    any reason?

zerodegre

Quote Originally Posted by paste_me View Post
    any reason?
    Think it will be a repeat of last year when Tulsa led nation in offense and ECU beat them. there is NO defense in CUSA west at all.. Houston lost to UCF badly and ECU beat them. I think that the east is far superior to the west. Especially with defense. Also ECU dominated Tulsa who should have beat Houston if not for a last second on side kick miracle. Houston defense is like swiss cheese , especially against the run. ECU will pound the ball and score at will. The ECU D will give up 30 points , but ECU will score 40.

Also home field advantage with 45k fans will help

Just my opinion, i know Houston can score at will, but leaning Pirates.

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Originally, I was leaning ECU. Reason being Houston has a terrible defense and they have struggled all year on the road. They are allowing 228 rushing yards per game on the road in addition to 250 passing yards per game. ECU has struggled against the pass, however they have proved they can run the ball which in turn means they can control the clock and keep Houston's offense off the field. Senior RB Dominique Lindsay has just under 1000 rushing yards on the year and is averaging 5.3 yards per carry. Lindsay should have a field day against the Cougar defense.

All of that considered, I am now currently leaning towards Houston. Here are some trends to consider.

Houston is 3-0 SU and 2-1 ATS when the spread is between +3 and -3. On the road they are 4-2 SU and 3-3 ATS (the 3 ATS wins: Oklahoma St, Tulane, and Miss St.)(the 3 ATS losses: UTEP, Tulsa, and UCF).

ECU is 1-2 SU and 0-3 ATS this season after 2 or more consecutive SU wins and 2-10 ATS over the last 3 seasons. ECU is 1-3 SU/ATS as an underdog this season.

Also, ECU has allowed 300+ yards only twice this season. Once at WVU where they lost both SU and ATS. Then again at Memphis where they won both SU and ATS. After looking at the ECU schedule, it is apparent that they haven't faced a spread offense all season and they haven't played a great passing team. Last year was the first year that these two coaches met and the result, Houston won at ECU 41-24 and Houston put 399 Passing Yards and 222 Rushing Yards and Houston managed to hold ECU to 275 Total Yards.

My Lean: Houston

paste_me

But what do you think about ECU's loss to SMU, where UH won.

I guess we will have to wait till Saturday to see...

zerodegre

SMU game to me was just us killing ourselves.. might have played the most uninspired game of the year.. no excuse.. just looked like we showed up and would just win because of that!

95% money going on houston .. we shall see

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by ackem19 View Post
    Originally, I was leaning ECU. Reason being Houston has a terrible defense and they have struggled all year on the road. They are allowing 228 rushing yards per game on the road in addition to 250 passing yards per game. ECU has struggled against the pass, however they have proved they can run the ball which in turn means they can control the clock and keep Houston's offense off the field. Senior RB Dominique Lindsay has just under 1000 rushing yards on the year and is averaging 5.3 yards per carry. Lindsay should have a field day against the Cougar defense. All of that considered, I am now currently leaning towards Houston. Here are some trends to consider. Houston is 3-0 SU and 2-1 ATS when the spread is between +3 and -3. On the road they are 4-2 SU and 3-3 ATS (the 3 ATS wins: Oklahoma St, Tulane, and Miss St.)(the 3 ATS losses: UTEP, Tulsa, and UCF). ECU is 1-2 SU and 0-3 ATS this season after 2 or more consecutive SU wins and 2-10 ATS over the last 3 seasons. ECU is 1-3 SU/ATS as an underdog this season. Also, ECU has allowed 300+ yards only twice this season. Once at WVU where they lost both SU and ATS. Then again at Memphis where they won both SU and ATS. After looking at the ECU schedule, it is apparent that they haven't faced a spread offense all season and they haven't played a great passing team. Last year was the first year that these two coaches met and the result, Houston won at ECU 41-24 and Houston put 399 Passing Yards and 222 Rushing Yards and Houston managed to hold ECU to 275 Total Yards. My Lean: Houston
    Tulsa is a spread, also SMU, and Rice. SMU can pass the ball also.

I know you like Trends, but I like to bet against them. I knos that the ball will be controlled by ECU. The run games will come very easy. Houston's D is a sieve, and hasnt stopped anybody from running the ball all season. Houston has been out-rushed in every game this season. They should have lost to Tulsa, and So. Miss. And they lost to a Central Fla team that outrushed them by 100 yards.

ECU needs to get two stops in the game on D, and they win. Houston is not stopping ECU's O. Not that running game.

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Thank you for correcting me. I knew SMU was a good passing team, June Jones teams are always amazing at passing. Guess I just overlooked those. With that in mind, than I do feel like ECU can win because of the fact that they have held spread offenses in check and their strong running game should control the clock and move the ball against a terrible houston run d.