StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by PromiseLand View Post
    Out of the last 9 players to win SEC Def POY, this is where they were drafted:

8- 1st round (none drafted lower than 17 overall)
    1- 2nd round

The End.
    What does this have to do with this player, this year?

Nothing.

I'm astounded by the logic around here sometimes. The analysis should have to do with his skills and/or what scouts think about him. Nothing else, including the above.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

whoever picks him up knows the locker room will be his candy shop

generally skinrippers lack the killer instinct that breeders have over the long haul anyway all GM's know this

i mean how aggressive can you be on the field when you got pounded through the sheetrock the night before??

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    What does this have to do with this player, this year?

Nothing.

I'm astounded by the logic around here sometimes. The analysis should have to do with his skills and/or what scouts think about him. Nothing else, including the above.
    It serves as a baseline to show you where these guys typically go. Nobody can deny the following: Sam was voted as the best defensive player in the best conference with the best defenses in college football. There's a reason 8 out of the last 9 guys who have won the award were taken in the 1st round. They don't just give that award to anyone.

No kidding he's not the same player as all those others drafted. Just like Rick Mirer or Jimmy Clausen aren't Joe Montana just because they came from ND. That doesn't stop teams from drafting them with high picks though. Even Teo was drafted in the 2nd round after getting clobbered in the BCS Championship game, putting up a subpar performance at the combine, and conjuring up some fake dead girlfriend story.

This guys deserves to be taken no later than the 3rd round just based off his credentials alone.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

generally skinrippers lack the killer instinct that breeders have over the long haul anyway all GM's know this

i mean how aggressive can you be on the field when you got pounded through the sheetrock the night before??

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Undrafted free agent signing by the Patriots.
    Lock it up.
    No one wants a circus and the guy isn't high enough on the draft chart for people to ignore it.
    I highly doubt he gets drafted.
    He is automatically off the board for half the owners already because he's a flame, then any team with a winning record also, because there is no need to stir any feathers for no reason. Bellichek loves taking these kind of players though.
    Guy is going to be a PR nightmare.
    Only 3 or 4 teams that will take him and it would be for a shit team.
    IT's not that you're saying the guy can't play for your team because of his talents.
    It's the same situation as Tebow.
    You just have to say "Why bother?"
    Tebow should be on an NFL team right now also.
    There was a better chance of me having the winning numbers last night

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Yes but so was tedy bruschi who played de in college at az then moved to lb in the nfl. Michael sam very athletic could move to lb
    Teddy didn't suck pee-pee so they worked with him.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If he is a problem in the Locker Room, the other players will take care of that. As an owner or GM, your job is simple. Do you need him or not? Put him on your list and see if he drops to you. If not, so be it. Missouri gave up 21 or more points 8 times last season. Not exactly your powerhouse defense. Mississippi State gave up that many points in 6 games. Alabama led the Conference with giving up that number of points in only 3 games. South Carolina did it just 7 times, as did Vandy's. In other words, Missouri's defense was nothing to write home about. Depending on the team, he is a 3rd to 5th round pick.

I/O

It serves as a baseline to show you where these guys typically go. Nobody can deny the following: Sam was voted as the best defensive player in the best conference with the best defenses in college football. There's a reason 8 out of the last 9 guys who have won the award were taken in the 1st round. They don't just give that award to anyone.

No kidding he's not the same player as all those others drafted. Just like Rick Mirer or Jimmy Clausen aren't Joe Montana just because they came from ND. That doesn't stop teams from drafting them with high picks though. Even Teo was drafted in the 2nd round after getting clobbered in the BCS Championship game, putting up a subpar performance at the combine, and conjuring up some fake dead girlfriend story.

This guys deserves to be taken no later than the 3rd round just based off his credentials alone.
    We can all say Sam is proving this is a complete pile of horseshit. He couldn't play in the senior bowl. showing he's not NFL material in the combine. His best shot right now is to get picked up and shine on special teams. SEC Defensive Player of The Year "my ass".

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I'd say 5th round at best, the numbers clearly didn't benefit him.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Out of the last 9 players to win SEC Def POY, this is where they were drafted:

8- 1st round (none drafted lower than 17 overall)
    1- 2nd round

The End.
    if the trend is so important then why was he projected rd 3 to 5 even before the news of his sexuality?

your reasoning is the same type of crap when a guy says "90% of home teams win game sevens so i am going to blindly bet the home team without studying the matchup and who the spread dictates i should bet on."

lazy handicapping.

homie1975

Sam was voted as the best defensive player in the best conference with the best defenses in college football.
    If you do not realize that the sec this year was way way down on defense in 2013 then you dont follow cfb very closely. The reason why aub played mizzu in the sec title gm is because the sec is way down. Bama was the only great d in the league. Lsu is usually good but they were way down. Vandy had winnin records in the sec the past two years what does that tell you?

the times they are a changing.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

He did very poorly in the combine. His stock took a major hit. Now they are saying MAYBE a 7th round pick.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

So OP you think because he is gay he should be drafted? Because his performance doesn't warrant it. I guess you think it should happen because he is openly gay and it should be about inclusion and diversity.

It makes me ask, why do you even watch sports? It rewards the hardest working, most talented people who are in the best circumstances, seems like you would be offended

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

Lot of new lingo in there

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Pffff 4.9 40 time only 17 reps at 225??? Let that f\*g sit home.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Pffff 4.9 40 time only 17 reps at 225??? Let that f\*g sit home.
    Is these stats real? Wow...that is garbage!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    So OP you think because he is gay he should be drafted? Because his performance doesn't warrant it. I guess you think it should happen because he is openly gay and it should be about inclusion and diversity.

It makes me ask, why do you even watch sports? It rewards the hardest working, most talented people who are in the best circumstances, seems like you would be offended
    before the combine literally every mock draft you could find had him between rds 3 and 5. A few had him 6th. At that point it was a foregone conclusion that he would be drafted but i believed the news about his sexuality would deem him undraftable. Thats what i thought would be sad. Now that i see his combine numbers he's in huge danger of going undrafted.

SportMac
    SportMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

that's oK, gud luck next time !

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Why would it be sad if he were to go undrafted? Either teams believe he's good enough or he's not. What would be at least mildly interesting is if no team drafted him and then he drew little interest as a FA.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Why would it be sad if he were to go undrafted? Either teams believe he's good enough or he's not. What would be at least mildly interesting is if no team drafted him and then he drew little interest as a FA.
    You're short a "G"

First 12