BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Phil Steele's 2013 Reviewed

Let see how the man that so many of you guys swear by actually did in 2013. First the Major Bowls:

NC Game...Alabama vs Ohio State. Neither team even won their Conference Championships.
    Rose Bowl...Oregon vs Nebraska. Neither team made any BCS Bowl game.
    Sugar...Georgia vs Notre Dame. Not even close.
    Fiesta...Texas vs USC. Both teams fired their Head Chaches.
    Orange...Florida State vs Louisville. Finally we have a winner. Florida State.

Now for the Conference Champions:

AAC: Louisville. Close but no cigar.
    ACC: Florida State. Correct.
    Big 10. Ohio State. Lost in the CC game.
    Big 12. Texas. Not even close.
    Pac 12. Oregon. Nope.
    SEC. Alabama. Nope.

1 out of 6.
    Divisional Champs.

ACC ATlantic: Florida State. Correct.
    ACC Coastal: Va. Tech. Nowheres in sight.
    Big 10 Leaders. Ohio State. Correct. A no brainer
    Big 10 Legends: Nebraska. Pelini? Are you kidding me.
    Pac 12 North: Oregon. They played AT Stanford. Duh...
    Pac 12 South: USC. Not with Kiffin, who lasted 5 games.
    SEC East: Georgia. 5 losses for the season. Nice call.
    SEC West: Alabama. Nope.

2 out of 8.

i think I will look elsewhere for decent information from a magazine this season. Steele is not very good. Atleast I had Stanford, Michigan State, and Arizona State along with Ohio State for 4 Divisional winners.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Check his bank account and get back to us.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    Check his bank account and get back to us.
    If he actually wagered on the games that he picked, I guarantee you that my back account is larger than his. But then again, we know that he never wagers on these games. He has been run out of Vegas for his numerous Northcoast plays playing both ends to try and sucker in people to pay for his terrible selections. The Feds also put a stop to a lot of his actions. This guy has allegedly 23 "Associates". He can not afford the cost of print for his "Pro" Magazine. Here is a typical Steele write up. He is talking about the Texas QB Position: "Vince Young lead Texas to a National Title then Colt McCoy took over and was a 4Y St'r from '06-'09. In 10, Garrett Gilbert, who replaced an inj'd McCoy in the chamionship gm, was the clear starter and struggled throwing for 2,744 (59%, 10-17). Gilbert began '11 as a st'r but soph Case McCoy and true frosh David Ash took over.

All of that is totally wasted print. He does this with just about every paragraph he writes. About half of his 352 pages are totally wasted on information that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the year he is writing about. This is why he is such a terrible'Capper, as 2013 proved. will be more thanhappy to match bank accounts with this loser. He gives away more mags than he sells.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    i think I will look elsewhere for decent information from a magazine this season. Steele is not very good. Atleast I had Stanford, Michigan State, and Arizona State along with Ohio State for 4 Divisional winners.
    The strength of Phil Steele's magazine is not in his bowl/conference predictions, or really any of his opinions. I agree they're mostly garbage, or maybe at best a distraction / source of bias for anyone trying to do their own handicapping.

But, the magazine is pretty great as a source for schedule, returning starters and quick stat summaries for returning players and teams. As an "at a glance" reference source, it's a great way to spend $12. I don't know how much opinion you would hope to get for that price.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Al Masters, and SomeDayinBuffalo

pettifogger
    pettifogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steele has more than one football product . For cheap bastards like me his online newsletter POWER PLAYS sells for a total of $89 annually. I subscribed for 2013 and he did OK . College went 140-92 60%. NFL was only 38-32 54% . Still a pretty good return for minimal expense . I have no idea about past years but I'm going to give it a shot next year . He does include too much extraneous bullshit in his college football mag write ups but his roster info and stat history are excellent .

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

His stats are very good. Just do not take his predictions seriously. For me, he has way too much B.S. for me to read through. Just tell me about the two deep at every position, and drop the B.S. about what happened to a team two or more years ago unless they were put on probation. ESPN is keeping him alive. If you pay more than $10.00 for his rag, you are being taken.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Just do not take his predictions seriously
    Just like how SBR doesnt take your deleted picks serious you old limp dikk fukk

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Show me where you picked more division and conference winners than he did and I will consider respecting your opinion.

Until then you are just a baloney head wasting space on this forum.

I see similarities between what you type and what you complain about, regarding wasting print.

The only difference is he gets paid for his opinion, no matter how crappy his predictions are.
    You on the other hand are not paid for your opinion, and nobody cares what you think.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

The big thing about Steele is he shows the teams scheduling who is back, and most important Homecoming games.