BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

QB Battle at Michigan

Michigan HC Brady Hoke has opened up the competition for the starting QB job. The two major challengers are Senior QB Delvin Gardner, the more talented of the two, but the more turnover prone, and Soph Shane Green, who does not have the overall talents like Gardner has, but is much better at protecting the ball. Either way, unless Hoke and MIchigan can develop some talent at the Tailback position and get some help on their offensive line, they appear to take a back seat to both Michigan State and Ohio State in the Big 10 East Race.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I don't see how they could ever even think of starting Shane Morris over Gardner. It's all smoke no fire in my opionion.

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

I could not have imagined such a thing but now I am open to the possibility. I think we need someone to sit in the pocket and toil and then be mobile enough to scamper out for positive yards when necessary. I am not sure Gardner can consistently toil. This year was an epic fail for him IMO. The guy completely underwhelmed. However I'd hate to see Devin return to backup status as a senior nonetheless, considering he spent so long backing up Denard. But hey, our QB leading the nation in turnovers is completely unacceptable.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

That seems to be the major concern. Gardner is a turnover machine. In a Division that now features Ohio State and Penn State, as well as MSU, Michigan can ill afford to turn the ball over. This season they play both Ohio State and MSU on the road.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Who's the kid who started against K-state?