SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Saban officially hires Kiffin as his OC

It's over in Alabama.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well one thing is for sure Sabin wants OUT. Kiffin could fck up a junk yard!

SamDiamond

Kiffin managed to score 7 points against Washington State with Marquis Lee, Nelson Agholor, 3 future NFL OL, a stable of RBs-- and a 5-star QB.

Oh, he's going to be sooo much fun to watch in Alabama.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  29.6 KB

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good stuff men

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Alabama won't be a ranked team next year

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I just don't understand the hire.

Was it a sympathy hire by Saban?? Helping out his buddy that's in the gutter??

I'm praying this ends just as poorly as Tennessee and SoCal

SamDiamond

Saban and Kiffin have the same agent, Jimmy Sexton.

This is a buddy hire.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

i guess saban figures its a buddy hire and something kiffin cant penetrate up with.. henery, and yelton in the backfield. im not sure who the quarterback is gonna be but that might be a concern.

who was the oc this year?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Saban just wants to bang his wife...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The worse case for Bama Fans - You guys arent thinking about

Ala does well the next 3 yrs and wins another Championship then Saban retires

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Many, many highly knowledgable football people have long lauded Lane's prowess as an offensive coordinator. Saban among them.
    In the NFL, Lane is still highly respected for numerous schemes he helped implement.

But....I have no doubt the guys that post here know wayyyy more about football than idiots like Nick Saban. I mean...what the fukk has he ever accomplished in football??
    Points Awarded:

Iwinyourmoney gave opie1988 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Many, many highly knowledgable football people have long lauded Lane's prowess as an offensive coordinator. Saban among them.
    In the NFL, Lane is still highly respected for numerous schemes he helped implement.

But....I have no doubt the guys that post here know wayyyy more about football than idiots like Nick Saban. I mean...what the fukk has he ever accomplished in football??
    Opie---- what the fuk are you talking about?

Don't let facts scramble your fukking brain.

Tell us which "schemes" Kiffin developed?

He was NEVER-- let me repeat that-- NEVER a SOLE COORDINATOR ON ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL.

The closest he got was "Co-OC" with Sark in 2005.

USC's offensive production INCREASED this year when Kiffin was fired.

I want to hear about all these "schemes" he developed--- unless your talking about his ability to rob Al Davis. That was quite a scheme.

Opie are you drunk?

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Maybe Kiffen will rediscover some of the "stuff" he may have had as OC at USC when Carroll was the coach.

If not, I assume the scenario below will play out (I mentioned something to this effect when I saw on SBR that Kiffen was interviewing for the job in a thread earlier this week).

Saban will see that Kiffen is trying to fukk up his one of his most talented guys by having Amari Cooper running end-arounds over and over and over and getting crippled on the field (like Kiffen did with Marqise Lee during the Washington State game and I feel that game is what caused the injuries that ruined Lee's last college season) and he will have Kiffen thrown out of the booth (he better not be on the field) and they will scrape him off the grass and go back to playing the game.

Saban will overrule Kiffen if he sees he is fukking up.

Let's just hope for Opie's sake that Lane Kiffen doesn't land an OC job at the Dallas Cowboys at some point. Lane's best move in years was firing his own dad. Sure it was a shitty thing to do since he was his son, but anyone who watched the Cowboys this season saw that old man Monte lost his play calling ability a while ago.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I'm beyond disgusted.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1545

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    I'm beyond disgusted.
    I can't believe this guy still gets work. His wife must be thrown in every deal.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I can't believe this guy still gets work. His wife must be thrown in every deal.
    Has to. She must be the alternative to the pre-practice cardio and relaxation massage after. I'm sure he has some great idea and knowledge with the x's and o's but 'the process' has no room for a Kiffin's arrogance and selfishness. Can't see him humbling himself to be a team player unless he's taken this time off he's had and found his soul on a journey or some shitt. Otherwise this will not end well at all. I thought we were over with the Mike Price and coach Fran type personalities but guess not.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Word going around now is Ed Orgeron on his way in to interview for the D Line coach after Rumph just left for Texas.

God I hope you know what you're doin Saban...what is this magical witchcraft and flirtation with disaster being brought to Tuscaloosa?!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Ed you're recruiting will be as good as it is now or possibly better ....usc Fukked up period when they couldn't keep him. Kids love uncle Ed Kiffan we'll see how that works out

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    With Ed you're recruiting will be as good as it is now or possibly better ....usc Fukked up period when they couldn't keep him. Kids love uncle Ed Kiffan we'll see how that works out

Hope so. Hearing a ton of perspective trying to explain how this will all unfold, a promising one is Saban is stockpiling all the former head coaches he can and delegating them to specific tasks that play to the strengths and keep them out of the spotlight or overstretched with the administrative duties. Keeping Kiffin AWAY from media and just putting him with the young QBs developing them and so forth is definitely a plus, if it happens. I'm sure Coach pulled him into the office with that closing door from the desk move and gave his ego 'the talk'.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Itchy you're fukked..