LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Tre Mason Entering NFL Draft

He may have become a multi-millionaire with his last three games at Auburn. Leaving with his stock at the highest peak.
    Points Awarded:

Rio DiNero gave LT Profits 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

cleveland? rd 2?

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

not a good move.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    He may have become a multi-millionaire with his last three games at Auburn. Leaving with his stock at the highest peak.
    Thinking the exact same thing, he came out of nowhere

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This really does not help Auburn at all. With your basic one dementional offense this season, Auburn will have to go to the air more next season. Auburn must hold on to the rest of it's offensive starters. The defense was nothing special, but they do lose 5 starters on that side of the ball. Auburn will probably be a Top 10 team pre-season, but with games at Kansas State, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama, and home games against South Carolina and LSU, they most likely will not end up there after the season. The kid made the right choice.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    not a good move.
    Good move for his wallet. Maybe bad for career.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

he had no career until the latter part of last year going on through the bowl game. now he gets paid loot and will have a chance to make an nil career. dude is terrific.

Dr. Gambler
    Dr. Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Guy played as well as one could last three games. Fresh on all the minds of gm in NFL. Good move for him. rb class is not great. Combine will be big for him. He puts up good time could be a late first round pick

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Yeah I think his stock flew up in the last few games as said above. Cannot Blame him at all

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This really does not help Auburn at all. With your basic one dementional offense this season, Auburn will have to go to the air more next season. Auburn must hold on to the rest of it's offensive starters. The defense was nothing special, but they do lose 5 starters on that side of the ball. Auburn will probably be a Top 10 team pre-season, but with games at Kansas State, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama, and home games against South Carolina and LSU, they most likely will not end up there after the season. The kid made the right choice.
    i dont disagree that auburns sched is tough...and they prob might not finish in the top 10 next year....but mason will be replaced and someone else will put up some numbers in masons place....they must have a 5 star rb coming in too

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Should have stayed one more year and won a national title. The SEC is getting weaker next year, and Auburn would have been the least hurt by the NFL draft if Mason didn't decide to bail.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

doesnt really need the money his father is a famous rapper from the group de la soul so he should of stayed and polished his game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Should have stayed one more year and won a national title. The SEC is getting weaker next year, and Auburn would have been the least hurt by the NFL draft if Mason didn't decide to bail.
    The SEC loses 7 starting QB's. McCarren (Ala), Mettenberger (LSU), Manziel (A&M), Russell (Miss ST), Murray (UGA), Shaw (So. Car), and Franklin (MO). That is a huge hit for that conference. With a very high unlikelyhood that a two loss team will reach the final four, the SEC teams need to keep as many players as they can.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Great move. Came out of nowhere and will get paid A LOT of money. He's probably the 2nd best RB in the draft behind Carey. Probably a 2nd rounder

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

The SEC loses 7 starting QB's. McCarren (Ala), Mettenberger (LSU), Manziel (A&M), Russell (Miss ST), Murray (UGA), Shaw (So. Car), and Franklin (MO). That is a huge hit for that conference. With a very high unlikelyhood that a two loss team will reach the final four, the SEC teams need to keep as many players as they can.
    Matty Mauk is the one to look forward to next year at Mizzou

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Will be another Steve Slaton.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Ya, rappers are famous for their money management and retirement packages. I'm sure he is set.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Rio DiNero View Post
    Ya, rappers are famous for their money management and retirement packages. I'm sure he is set.
    maseo is from de la....de la are legends but they have never had any real commercial success....so its not like maseo has been swimming in money....but im sure hes done well enough...and de la is known for being hip hop purists and against showing off money or that whole "chains and fancy cars" shit......

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Will be another Steve Slaton.
    Isn't he a little bigger than Steve Slaton?? I figured him and Pat White wouldn't do shit in the NFL, no size and playing in a total college system. I see Mason more like Arian Foster or Doug Martin. I doubt he'll be as successful as either of them but he should have a nice career on the right team. He is a Bill Bellichick type of running back. If NE didn't have so much depth there, they might think about him.

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    MoneyIsWater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

He will be a complete bust. He is 200 lbs LOL 205 wet.

Give me Carlos Hyde over them all.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Isn't he a little bigger than Steve Slaton?? I figured him and Pat White wouldn't do shit in the NFL, no size and playing in a total college system. I see Mason more like Arian Foster or Doug Martin. I doubt he'll be as successful as either of them but he should have a nice career on the right team. He is a Bill Bellichick type of running back. If NE didn't have so much depth there, they might think about him.
    youd think so right? i mean we all imagine slaton being like a tiny guy....i mean you almost think noel devine when you think of slaton....depends on whether or not you believe his listing.....but slaton is listed as an inch shorter than mason and about the same weight

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Like he needs the $$

PaperTrail07

Well said Sell High

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Few NFL players become multi-millionaires. The vast majority loses it all a few years their career is over.

drunkenbeaver
    drunkenbeaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Smart move by him and Henry Josey. Running backs in the SEC take a huge beating, especially their senior years. If you can get out as a junior... do it!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    youd think so right? i mean we all imagine slaton being like a tiny guy....i mean you almost think noel devine when you think of slaton....depends on whether or not you believe his listing.....but slaton is listed as an inch shorter than mason and about the same weight
    Wow, I didn't know they had almost the same height/weight. One thing I like about Mason is he runs downhill and up the middle. He's taken some real good smacks against big SEC lineman and linebackers. Slaton need to get outside or at least to the edge. Should be interesting to see what happens.

PaperTrail07

The way Mason Twists Sideways and launches himself up the middle is pretty impressive....Does that in the NFL he might have a few teeth loose soon lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Wow, I didn't know they had almost the same height/weight. One thing I like about Mason is he runs downhill and up the middle. He's taken some real good smacks against big SEC lineman and linebackers. Slaton need to get outside or at least to the edge. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Guy is a beast. Good for him to get he max money while he is hot

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Glad he's gone

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Their best lineman, Robinson, also going to the draft....AU might be in a bit of trouble now.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

deems.. what do u know deems.. Tre is very nice prospect. DeAngelo like.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    not a good move.
    What does he have to gain by staying in school? Would his draft potential go up? Not likely.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great decision since the average RB of today has a 5 year (1st string) lifespan........

The younger the RB the better......

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Great decision since the average RB of today has a 5 year (1st string) lifespan........

The younger the RB the better......
    Yup. Get to earning a year earlier. Definitely a hard runner who can produce at next level if given the chance.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

I think he is making the right move, his stock is very high and RB careers are getting shorter and shorter, this way he gets an extra year to earn NFL money.

12 Last