Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

James Franklin expected to be named new Penn St coach

Stay tuned boys

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

I just heard that one of the questions they were asked was how they would handle the Joe Pa era. I mean, let the guy go.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Good hire.. I doubt he Is a long term option though.. just hope he is there for more than a year or 2.. then again doesn't seem like there is too many lifers anymore

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

A solid pick. He did a great job at Vandy. I think he fits in very well at Penn State.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

It's probably a good hire.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

great hire, didnt think he was a realistic option but they got it done apparently.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I just heard that one of the questions they were asked was how they would handle the Joe Pa era. I mean, let the guy go.
    Agreed...the friggin Joe Bots are what drove O'Brien nuts. Those folks need to go over to Joe Pa's grave and crack a bottle of whiskey and take one last toast and then bury the dude forever. All the old geezers who've been hanging around the program, and the old coaches such as Larry Johnson Sr need to leave as well because they do nothing but drudge up the past.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Agreed...the friggin Joe Bots are what drove O'Brien nuts. Those folks need to go over to Joe Pa's grave and crack a bottle of whiskey and take one last toast and then bury the dude forever. All the old geezers who've been hanging around the program, and the old coaches such as Larry Johnson Sr need to leave as well because they do nothing but drudge up the past.
    larry johnson sr is the only coach left from joe pa days, but ya the cult like atmosphere still exists with joe pa leading it from the grave. the people up there are fuckin delusional.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Agreed...when O'Brien fired Vanderlinden and Fisher a couple of months ago the Joe Bots snapped and that's what set O'Brien off. Those knobs keep wanting to put the band back together, and Johnson is in the papers now all up in arms because he didn't get the job. If that guy actually thought he had a shot at being Head Coach he needed his friggin head examined...and he's probably one of the most overrated recruiters PSU has kept around.