seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Auburn's +10 is starting to feel like Notre Dame's +10.5

What is the play tonight? I feel good about the +10, but I felt just as good about +10.5 with Notre Dame last year, and that game was never close. Tell me what I'm missing. Over and under feedback too.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

I had ND + 20 last year. For bigger games I like to set up a teaser, usually on the dog.
    I have Fl.St -2.5 on last leg of 3 team 6 pointer. 2x for 3.6 units.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

AU's offense is 5x better than last yr ND's

Not saying that is enough to win tonight tho

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinny 7.5 point teaser for -120. FSU -2.5 & Over 59.5, booked yesterday. It would be -3 and 60.5 currently.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

florida st, in my mind, is the better team all around but people question their strength of schedule.

will they win? probably. will they cover? don't know.

one thing i wanna know is why is bovada hanging florida st -9 with juice when everyone else has them at 10.5?

even the donks are going nuts with sec team at plus money.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

comparing auburn to last year's nd team is a joke

nd's best win was a robbery against a mediocre stanford team

auburn's rolled through the best of the sec

notre dame knew they were overmatched from the first snap...that part definitely wont happen tonight
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    florida st, in my mind, is the better team all around but people question their strength of schedule.

one thing i wanna know is why is bovada hanging florida st -9 with juice when everyone else has them at 10.5?

Bovada has lower limits, correct? And a distaste for longterm winners? Even if the lines are largely similar across the board, there will be a lot of variation among books in how much money is on each side. Or perhaps they're feeling very top-heavy with Auburn BCS futures and/or Auburn teasers.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

notre dame knew they were overmatched from the first snap...that part definitely wont happen tonight

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

ND had several quality wins last year, Oklahoma, USC, Stanford, Michigan, you don't get to the #1 spot in the rankings playing Chattanooga and Coastal Carolina (unless your in the SEC of course )

Auburn gets smoked tonight

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

rolled through? they could easily have been 9-4 this year.

one thing they can do though is run the ball.

if the weather was a factor i'd be all over auburn but it's a perfect day for football.

Greg242
    Greg242's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6854

Ya was wondering about this as well

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I can't really argue with you from a line movement perspective but on the field, this game is worlds apart from last year's.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

A lot can happen with a layoff of over a month. Look at Ohio State-Miami 10 years ago or the surprisingly low scoring Auburn-Oregon game 3 years ago.

I think the x-factor that no one is looking at is how good Florida State's defense is. Duke....the team that just went up and down the field at will on an SEC team......couldn't get past midfield until the 3rd quarter on Florida State! Clemson only got 7 points against the Noles. This is the best defense in college football. The key for Auburn is keeping this close because if they can't, Florida State will shred them because Auburn doesn't have a passing game to catch up.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

ND and Auburn aren't even close to each other in terms of talent. ND was a total fraud last season and didn't even deserve to be in that game. Auburn has done everything right, especially late in the season, and earned this chance. There won't be a repeat of last season's NC game.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

rolled through? they could easily have been 9-4 this year.

one thing they can do though is run the ball.

if the weather was a factor i'd be all over auburn but it's a perfect day for football.
    poor choice of words...got through or won out...whatever, they beat two of the best teams in cfb to get here

my feeling on this game is that we have a pretty good idea of how good auburn is....we dont really know how good fla state is...they might be better than i think they are but they also might get punched in the mouth and this game goes completely different than the rest of their schedule...i think fsu wins a close game

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    ND had several quality wins last year, Oklahoma, USC, Stanford, Michigan, you don't get to the #1 spot in the rankings playing Chattanooga and Coastal Carolina (unless your in the SEC of course )

Auburn gets smoked tonight
    no youre right apparently you get to #1 by playing bethune cookman and idaho

every school plays some shit games dumbass

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

drinker you bet on auburn?

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Auburn has done everything right, especially late in the season, and earned this chance. There won't be a repeat of last season's NC game.
    Auburn returned a missed fg to win against bama.

Sure they won but that play had huge implications to tonight's game whether you believe it or not.

They barely beat some teams that they should have blown out.

Played some good football late but let's face it, they haven't faced a team like Florida state.

The line opened where it should have. Now it's even higher even with publics perception that auburn has legit shot after beating Alabama.

Bloodbath to ensue.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

2013 Auburn/FSU = 2006 Florida/Ohio St on so many levels... Anyone remember the closing line on OSU/FLORIDA championship game? Im thinking OSU was 13 pt favs.

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

OSU was 7 to 7 1/2 point favorite in that game.

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

Rolling with Winston with my Trivia winnings heh...

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I think the x-factor that no one is looking at is how good Florida State's defense is. Duke....the team that just went up and down the field at will on an SEC team......couldn't get past midfield until the 3rd quarter on Florida State!
    Duke is not a very good team.... So what that they scored at will on the worst defensive team in the SEC.

FSU hasn't proved anything yet. We will see today what they're really made of.

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

has FSU played anyone the likes of Auburn? FSU is 1-0 vs top 30 teams while Auburn is 5-1.Auburn SOS is 20 FSU is 63. This FSU team reminds me of NE when they went 16-0 blowing everyone out until they faced the giants and we all know what happened there. I can at worse see a backdoor cover by the Tigers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: STAX

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    2013 Auburn/FSU = 2006 Florida/Ohio St on so many levels... Anyone remember the closing line on OSU/FLORIDA championship game? Im thinking OSU was 13 pt favs.
    It does sound similar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_BC...mpionship_Game

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Auburn better than ND at the same time

ND played nobody

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by shookid View Post
    has FSU played anyone the likes of Auburn? FSU is 1-0 vs top 30 teams while Auburn is 5-1.Auburn SOS is 20 FSU is 63. This FSU team reminds me of NE when they went 16-0 blowing everyone out until they faced the giants and we all know what happened there. I can at worse see a backdoor cover by the Tigers.
    The thing that sticks out to me is that FSU has had their struggles stopping the run. An average Boston College team ran at will on them, and BC's ground game is a joke compared to Auburn's no. 1 rushing attack in the nation. And for all the flack Auburn's defence takes, it will be the best FSU has seen. The size and physicality of AU on both sides of the ball is on another level than what FSU is used to. This game will be won or lost in the trenches, and for me AU has the edge here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by shookid View Post
    Clemson was ranked # 3 when they played at Clemson.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

drinker you bet on auburn?

was torn til it went to 10.5...just dont think it will be that big of a spread

dontknowtohedge
    dontknowtohedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    A lot can happen with a layoff of over a month. Look at Ohio State-Miami 10 years ago
    http://www.football.com/en-us/hurric...-championship/

good read. could happen again tonight.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

it's waaaaaay oversimplifying this game to say it will go just like this game or that game

there are 1000's of games played every year and it will go just like the previous year's or another year's title game of all games? that's silly

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    The thing that sticks out to me is that FSU has had their struggles stopping the run. An average Boston College team ran at will on them, and BC's ground game is a joke compared to Auburn's no. 1 rushing attack in the nation. And for all the flack Auburn's defence takes, it will be the best FSU has seen. The size and physicality of AU on both sides of the ball is on another level than what FSU is used to. This game will be won or lost in the trenches, and for me AU has the edge here.
    Love this post

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Duke is not a very good team.... So what that they scored at will on the worst defensive team in the SEC.
    Duke did score more points, gain more yards, and have more yards per play against TAMU than Auburn did.

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Clemson was ranked # 3 when they played at Clemson.
    yes they played ranked teams "during" the year. but end of season stats show they played 1 team that was ranked in the top 30 at end of the year. If Auburn wins they will be the only team in history to win 3 straight games vs top 5 teams. with a long layoff i would think it would be easier to get the ground game going then getting the rust of Winston who hasnt thrown a competitive pass in a month. If auburn can get on top or keep pace they can control the clock w run game and keep Winston on the sidelines.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Cowherd loves Auburn but sharps love FSU.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Duke did score more points, gain more yards, and have more yards per play against TAMU than Auburn did.
    fsu's defense did look impressive that game but auburn's offense couldnt be more different than duke's....thats why that game has little bearing on tonight

12 Last