RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Worst betting week of my life!

Granted have only bet for 10 months, but this last week's bowl game have destroyed me. Not to mention the Spurs (ML) falling flat on their face tonight in the last game of a parlay.
    I really need to stop and take a break. I got a premium pick tonight that Bama would cover the spread (-17), so I thought taking ML in a parlay would be safe, but no. Then yesterday with Stanford losing, Minnesota losing, Bowling Green...all teams in which I just needed them to win - not even cover. Man, I feel helpless in betting lately. Bet some of you feel the same.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Granted have only bet for 10 months, but this last week's bowl game have destroyed me. Not to mention the Spurs (ML) falling flat on their face tonight in the last game of a parlay.
    I really need to stop and take a break. I got a premium pick tonight that Bama would cover the spread (-17), so I thought taking ML in a parlay would be safe, but no. Then yesterday with Stanford losing, Minnesota losing, Bowling Green...all teams in which I just needed them to win - not even cover. Man, I feel helpless in betting lately. Bet some of you feel the same.
    take a break before you blow the entire bankroll

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has been a very rough week for me as well

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

1-7 last 8. break time

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Next time you receive a 'premium' tip on a game, either fade it or don't play the game at all.

JayMoney24_7
    JayMoney24_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

If you still have bankroll remaining, you're still in the game. Don't make the mistake of playing in chase mode. Since you're luck has been kind of wack so far, do this: Take a side mentally before the game. Do not place a wager. Let the game start and measure the flow of the game. Is your team performing or are they off? Make your decision to take your original bet or fade during the game. That way it's kind of like you gave yourself a second chance and more valuable info. Also usually if you were taking big favorites they will score first and the spread will expand, giving you a more favorable line on the dog. If the dog scores first then you will be relieved you didn't take the favorite in the first place. Just my advice if your picks pregame are blowing up. BOL on the rest of your plays.
    Last edited by JayMoney24_7; 01-03-14 at 12:56 AM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't waste your money on touts. And don't push yourself at the end of the season. Bowl games are the hardest games of the year to cap, with the lines pounded into shape and the teams having several weeks off to get healthy and make changes in their extra practices. NBA gets a lot harder to cap around Christmas as well as teams get into the mid-season grind.

Maybe focus on the NFL games this weekend instead. Wildcard weekend is a good spot, usually.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

And certainly don't listen to assholes like this...
    Last edited by SBR Contests; 01-03-14 at 02:18 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayMoney24_7

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

shake it off man.

you just gotta get your confidence back.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    shake it off man.

you just gotta get your confidence back.
    Thanks bro. I appreciate all your help the last month or so. And thanks to others who chimed in too - very useful advice! Looking back, should not have done 2 parlays last night - think I was just frustrated at the day before when I lost Stanford ML.
    I really thought that 'Bama would at least win - was guaranteed winner there. And then who woulda thought SA Spurs would lose at home to the lowly Knicks. These were both 4-team parlays in which the other 3 plays hit very easily.

Today I like Buckeyes too, but better to play ML or the -3? Seems that no games have been close so far, but worried this may be a 1-point game (simply because that's been my luck). But fairly confident in OSU tonight with Meyer at the helm and Buckeyes success in bowl games.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Lay off the heavily juiced favourites, it only gets you in trouble. Instead of ML at -800, why not take the dog at +17 for -110? Maybe buy a few points, and get the dog at +21 for maybe -200? If you continually bet ML favs, you will be done in no time.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Lay off the heavily juiced favourites, it only gets you in trouble. Instead of ML at -800, why not take the dog at +17 for -110? Maybe buy a few points, and get the dog at +21 for maybe -200? If you continually bet ML favs, you will be done in no time.
    Thanks man. I had 'Bama in a parlay, so the odds for the 4-team parlay was -125. It wasn't a totally devastating loss, but it hurt because the other 3 games covered easily. The other parlay I had did the same, with 3 games covering, but freaking San Antonio lost at home unexpectedly vs. Knicks.
    Both these games I'm still smh.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

What would the parlay payout have been if you had Oklahoma at +21? Probably +200 or so. The Spurs loss was rough I'm sure.