Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Devil Dawg Bowl Picks

What's up guys, been hitting the early bowl games and making some good cash lately. Figured I'd contribute to the forum and share my thoughts and plays so others can enjoy making some money at the end of the year. Tail or fade, your choice, just please keep the negativity out! Let's finish the year on a positive note and start the new one in style with some nice profits!
    First play:

Ole Miss -2.5 2u

GLA

Indy5
    Indy5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

Good luck Chesty wherever you are! Who were you with devil dog?

Semper Fidelis

When I was on active duty I called 5th Bn 10th Marines Tango Battery out of Camp Lejeune, NC my home. I'm still actively drilling as a Reservist in a supply unit in GA currently. Fellow devil dog, I presume? What was your unit bro?

Indy5

Was a 5811. Went to the Rock, Pendleton, and the Gulf. You at Albany ? Best of luck brother!!

Semper Fidelis

Cash Ole Miss!

Next Play:

Oregon -13.5 (bought down) -140
    2u

Lets keep the profits rolling in guys!

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by Indy5 View Post
    Was a 5811. Went to the Rock, Pendleton, and the Gulf. You at Albany ? Best of luck brother!!
    That's awesome man! Never been to Pendleton, only 29 Sticks in the middle of nowhere for ATs and pre-deployment trainings. Sure I'll get out there sooner or later, heard it's a little more exciting than 29 Palms lol. 5811 is MP if I'm not mistaken? Yeah I'm attached to the Det 2 Supply Bn in Albany in dirty South GA! Good luck with all your plays tonight as well buddy! Semper Fi brother!

Poppa K
    Poppa K's Avatar Become A Pro!

Semper Fi Gentlemen...BOL on your plays... Oh, and thank you both for your service!!

Semper Fidelis

Alright guys for the final play of the night we're going to parlay Oregon 2nd half to offset buying Arizona St to -13.5:

Parlay:
    Oregon 2nd half ML -340
    Arizona St. -13.5
    2u

Good luck everyone, let's end the night in style!!!

bluebeachred
    Update your status
    bluebeachred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Served with 1/7 in the Palms back in 91-93.
    I won 4 of 5 bowl spread picks yesteterday.
    I'll have my picks up later today...hopefully we can all win.
    Semper Fi...

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa K View Post
    Semper Fi Gentlemen...BOL on your plays... Oh, and thank you both for your service!!
    Semper Fi brother, and thank you for your service as well!!!

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by bluebeachred View Post
    Served with 1/7 in the Palms back in 91-93.
    I won 4 of 5 bowl spread picks yesteterday.
    I'll have my picks up later today...hopefully we can all win.
    Semper Fi...
    Semper Fi brother, and good job nailing those picks! Wow I didn't realize there were so many Marines on this forum - we should all join and make a thread together to post all of our plays! We can call the thread "Devil Dawg Locks" or each of us choose a personality and be "Chesty, Basilone, Daly, Butler, and Hathcock Picks" or something crazy lol.

Good luck on your picks today, looking forward to discussing the games later! Really liking the SEC teams today (though have to admit being a Georgia alumnus I'm definitely slightly biased lol).

bluebeachred
    Update your status

This is what I've come up with for the 4 bowl games today...
    1. UCLA. -7
    2. UCLA Under 50
    3. MISS -7 LOCK
    4. Texas A&M - 12
    5. Boston C +7 Slight lean.

Good luck...

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by bluebeachred View Post
    This is what I've come up with for the 4 bowl games today...
    1. UCLA. -7
    2. UCLA Under 50
    3. MISS -7 LOCK
    4. Texas A&M - 12
    5. Boston C +7 Slight lean.

Good luck...
    The more i look at Miss, the more i like,, BOL

Indy5

How's the Dawgs backup QB ?

Indy5

CBB . 3pm Jarheads. Play ILL -3.5 over my Hoosiers. Small play. Working on Vill vs.Butler game now..

Semper Fidelis

Just realized I never actually posted my plays this morning! On a break from work so I'll post real quick - I'll update the thread record later. All for 2u (will most likely upgrade A&M to 4 or even 5, we'll see)

Zona -6.5
    UCLA -6.5
    Miss St. -6.5
    Texas A&M -9.5

Also Parlay all the ML for 5u (little over even payout)

Semper Fidelis

Alright fellas that AZ St. play last night was pretty bad, I apologize. Made up for it though by hedging out taking Tech +10 in the 2nd half, but I won't count that as an official play since I never posted it for anyone to see.

On another note, we can stack that green that Zona so graciously handed us baby!!!

Current Bowl Record: 3-1 (75%) +4 units

Pending:

UCLA -6.5 (-150) 2u
    Miss. St. -6.5 (-140) 2u
    Texas A&M -9.5 (-170) 2u

Parlay:
    Zona ML
    UCLA ML
    Miss. St. ML
    Texas A&M ML
    5u to win 11u

Let's keep this gravy train rolling guys!!! BOL to all!!!

Indy5

Nice job there Chesty! Hitting The Cardinal hard tomorrow. Any early takes?

Semper Fidelis

CBB . 3pm Jarheads. Play ILL -3.5 over my Hoosiers. Small play. Working on Vill vs.Butler game now..
    Already had a wager on that one, and placed a little extra seeing you on it as well! Love Illinois at home here - Hoosiers are certainly not the same team they were last year! As for the other game, I was leaning hard toward Nova, almost to the point of making it an official play! Still contemplating...

BOL on all your plays today buddy!

Semper Fidelis

Nice job there Chesty! Hitting The Cardinal hard tomorrow. Any early takes?
    Hell yeah man, I've been eyeing a few of these for weeks! lol I absolutely love Stanford, USC, LSU, and of course my Dawgs, though not as confident about the spread in that one - may buy down or tease to a td, mabye just use the ML for parlay fodder lol. Yes Hutson Mason is pretty good, nowhere near on the same level as Murray of course, but this extra time getting more practice and repetitions and throws should do him well. Honestly though all that really matters is that Gurley will be playing, and should be healthier than he's been all season. We should have no problem running the ball down their throats tomorrow. Thinking of making a decent sized play on a teaser of these teams and/or ML parlay, we'll see. All I know is that I felt pretty good about these games today, but I feel even better about tomorrow's slate!!!

Indy5

Alright brother! Heading out to Butler for game. Take the Dawgs and the points. Very difficult place to play and they excel in these spots!!! 11am the all day fest starts!! GL Marine.

Semper Fidelis

Alright brother! Heading out to Butler for game. Take the Dawgs and the points. Very difficult place to play and they excel in these spots!!! 11am the all day fest starts!! GL Marine.
    Alright will do my friend! Luckily I hadn't actually made a wager on it yet, was waiting to see your thoughts on it lol. Funny thing is, I was starting to lean away from Nova toward Butler anyway. Got to thinking about it, and it's a textbook situation where you should take the unranked home underdog against a ranked team. Feel pretty good about this one - Butler is a very good team as it is, much less having the opportunity to take down a good ranked team at home where they own an amazing record! That place should be hopping tonight! Do you live there in Indianapolis? Good luck on this and anything else you have tonight Marine - my bowl picks are certainly looking real sweet right now, hope you've been tailing!!!

Edit: On another note, what a terrible beat on the Illinois game! Missed free throws down the stretch caused them to only win by 3! Luckily I pushed with -3, but that was certainly the right call and should have cashed!

Semper Fidelis

Alright men we can cash that UCLA game now! And it looks like everybody brought their cowbells to Memphis tonight, Bulldogs looking pretty good as well! Adding another 2 units before the spread rises any higher:

Texas A&M -13.5 (-110) 2u

So we now have 4u total on Texas A&M: 2u on -9.5 and 2u on -13.5.
    Let's get paid!!!

Semper Fidelis

Don't look now boys, but we have a game on our hands!!! If Johnny Football can will A&M to tie it up before the end of the 3rd quarter, I have a good feeling we have more than a chance of coming back and covering our spread!!! Let's go Aggies!!!

Semper Fidelis

By the way I took the A&M TT Over 23.5 (-140) and A&M -10 (-105) for the 2nd half, but won't count it as part of my official record since I didn't post them. I figured you guys didn't want to see all the plays I make for every game, even though many times they actually make up for the loss of the original play. Just let me know if you want me to post all of my 2nd half plays so you can follow as well, and I'll start posting them. Hopefully we can at least cover the original -9.5 play and still cash the parlay! Come on Aggies, let's keep up that good defense!!!

Semper Fidelis

I'll go ahead and update the record while I have the time lol. Texas A&M ruined what could've been a perfect night, but at least came back and won to cash us the huge parlay! Went 4-2 on the night, netting nearly 10 units.

Current Bowl Record: 6-3 (66.67%) +11.4 units

Stay tuned guys, tomorrow is setting up to be the best day of the bowl season! Amazing day to make a decent sum of money! Happy New Year to everyone - let's start the year in style with a huge bang! See y'all in the morning!

Indy5

Cashed the Butler check!

inTomWeTrust
    inTomWeTrust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why dont we take a Quick look at the TOOT TOOOT Train at 5-3 in Bowl Games.. get together and TOOOT our lives away

Semper Fidelis

Cashed the Butler check!
    Hells yeah bro, thanks for that easy money! Excited as hell about tomorrow, have a huge day on tap - hope you're looking forward to making some more dough brother!!!

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by inTomWeTrust View Post
    Why dont we take a Quick look at the TOOT TOOOT Train at 5-3 in Bowl Games.. get together and TOOOT our lives away
    Lmao you crack me up Tom! Good job today man! I know one thing's for sure, we'll definitely be tooting in some major profits tomorrow! TOOT TOOT all the way to the bank!!!

Indy5

Jarhead- you better be up doing the daily 7 on those SEC picks! Fire up Marine and let's make Chesty a rich MF today? Oooorah!!!!

Semper Fidelis

Ooorah Marine!!! The Commandant is up and ready to go already, sleep is overrated! Don't even need senior enlisted advisors or anything today, the battle strategy is pretty straightforward! Looking over and finalizing everything now, plays will be up shortly! Stand by to stand by! Lol

bluebeachred
    Update your status

Sub-par day yesterday...here's what's on the menu for today.

1. Nebraska +9
    2. Unlv +7.5 & over 54
    3. Wisconsin -2 ***my lock*** & Over 51
    4. Iowa +7.5
    5. Michigan St +7 & Under 43
    6. C.Florida +17

Make a hole and make it wide ladies

Indy5

Man this old busted Lance coolie is rested and has the beer ready!!! All ready on the firing line!!!!! Let's get some boys!!!!!!

Semper Fidelis

Happy New Year to everyone! Time to bust in the door and kick start the new year in style with some winners! Alright boys here we go! Marines you can commence firing once your tarrrget appears:

Georgia -6.5 (160) 2u
    North Texas -6 2u
    LSU -6.5 (-140) 4u
    South Carolina +2 2u
    South Carolina +115 2u
    Stanford -6 2u

Also I suggest parlaying/teasing these spreads/MLs for a few units each - will post again shortly showing the odds and payouts for both!

That's all I have for right now boys, stay posted as I may have some totals for some of these games or the later ones. Saddle up your ponies boys and get ready for a hell of a ride!!! We gonna get paid today fellas!!! Get some!!! OOORAH!!!

1234 ... Last