CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida, will they cover the big spread tomorrow???

I have been betting on FLA 1st half spread on their last two games and both lost... everytime I lost, I was like I will never freaking bet on FLA games ever again. But when the line comes out, I always for some reason think they will cover this time. Today, they are playing against FLA INT who they should be able to score ton of points.... but with 1st half spread @ -27.5, will Tebow and Gators able to cover this spread??? please help me. If you think this is bad bet, please talk me out of this game. Thanks in advance.

PAPSMEAR
    PAPSMEAR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

IMO opinion NO. They've been scratchy of late. Their offense hasn't been putting up big numbers. A few big games coming up. Can't see them putting 110% into a game where 50% will be enough to get the job done. Gators win by 31.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

CP

I never play Florida games, last one and only one I played last year was when they covered 9 vs Bama.

With that said, Florida could be up 28-0 after the first quarter in this one. I'm thinking 35-3 at the break.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

You know it is great to take the underdog here and add points in a teaser and that is an awful lot of points for them to get. Florida may rest their players in the fourth quarter to get ready for the following week.

PAPSMEAR

Quote Originally Posted by PAPSMEAR View Post
    IMO opinion NO. They've been scratchy of late. Their offense hasn't been putting up big numbers. A few big games coming up. Can't see them putting 110% into a game where 50% will be enough to get the job done. Gators win by 31.
    ..I was obviously talking total game spread. Not a chance they cover 27.5 in first half. Hammer the ass of the UNDER.

CollegePro

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    CP

I never play Florida games, last one and only one I played last year was when they covered 9 vs Bama.

With that said, Florida could be up 28-0 after the first quarter in this one. I'm thinking 35-3 at the break.
    so you are saying they should cover the spread... at least for 1st half.... I don't know what the hell is wrong with this team.... I feel that if I put my money on them for 1st half, they will find the way to fukc it up...but if I don't put my money on it, they will score over 40 points in first half.... thanks for the input guys

CollegePro

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    You know it is great to take the underdog here and add points in a teaser and that is an awful lot of points for them to get. Florida may rest their players in the fourth quarter to get ready for the following week.
    this is why I am not even consider playing them for whole game....

tbonmusikman
    tbonmusikman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAPSMEAR View Post
    Their offense hasn't been putting up incredible numbers. Against the SEC. The two ooc games of the year had them at 118-9, with most of their scoring being done in the first half before they take out Tebow in the third quarter. I suppose if you have to go with Florida the first half would be the best time to do that. However there are too many factors (having no idea when they decide to stop playing) to try for anything too big on this game.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post
    so you are saying they should cover the spread... at least for 1st half.... I don't know what the hell is wrong with this team.... I feel that if I put my money on them for 1st half, they will find the way to fukc it up...but if I don't put my money on it, they will score over 40 points in first half.... thanks for the input guys
    I'm not playing it, rarely ever play SEC, but I think they will be up by more than 4tds at the break.

paste_me
    paste_me's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida never delivers style points, imo

iceminers26

This game seems like one of those ones where a gigantic favorite covers and there is a little window between the total and spread, yet it still stays under.

Something like 45-0

paste_me

actually, i will bet against you on this one. International +47 FTW!

paste_me

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    This game seems like one of those ones where a gigantic favorite covers and there is a little window between the total and spread, yet it still stays under.

Something like 45-0
    totally agreed, Florida has not reason to play it that hard. they are not trying to rack up style points of anything like that. If they are up crazy, they will just end up running the ball...

iceminers26

I'm staying away from this one.

Why don't any of you guys play tennis? I'm on a 4 day profit winning streak and up around 150 units on the year. That's the sport you guys need to be hitting up, easy money to be made.

PAPSMEAR

every time i play tennis i'm up a set and a break then the other flee bag retires hurt and I get a push - it happened 3 times in a row and i then swore off tennis for life. not to mention that it is one of the easier sports to rig thus the ongoing investigations of tennis fixing and match throwing

hawaii808
    hawaii808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1253

NO cover here

pick6
    pick6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I've made money fading the Gators all season. They just don't have the offensive firepower from previous years. I stayed away this week. Prediction Fla 42 FIU 6

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I dont see how you bet against them in this game.

If you bet it, you should tease Florida down.