PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Mike Leach should be fired after that coaching performance

I really can't believe I just witnessed that meltdown. Absolute worst clock management I've ever seen in a college football game (in both halves). 3rd and over 20 with 30 seconds left in the 1st half, and CSU has 1 timeout (on tv it showed 0). Leach obviously sees this as a passing down which results in an incomplete pass and allows CSU a free 3 points.

Fast forward to 4th quarter. 1st down and 2:30 left and CSU has no timeouts. So Leach calls a QB read option with a guy who runs as fast as Peyton Manning which almost results in a turnover. Next play, hurry up and snap it with 25 seconds left on the play clock...then another fumble.

CSU gets a TD and the 2 point conversion. 40 seconds left so you think the game would go to OT. Not so fast my friend. WSU fumbles again and CSU gets a last second FG

I'm just totally baffled at this point

Looks like fat ass Santa Leach wanted to give CSU backers an early x-mas present.

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I am literally still sitting in my chair trying to figure out what the fuk just happened.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by PromiseLand View Post
    I really can't believe I just witnessed that meltdown. Absolute worst clock management I've ever seen in a college football game (in both halves). 3rd and over 20 with 30 seconds left in the 1st half, and CSU has 1 timeout (on tv it showed 0). Then he decides to pass it which gives CSU a free 3 points.

Fast forward to 4th quarter. 1st down and 2:30 left and CSU has no timeouts. So Leach calls a QB read option with a guy who runs as fast as Peyton Manning which almost results in a turnover. Next play, hurry up and snap it with 25 seconds left on the play clock...then another fumble.

CSU gets a TD and the 2 point conversion. Then WSU fumbles and CSU gets a FG

I'm just totally baffled at this point
    Me too bro....Brutal but we gotta let it go and move to the next one....

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Seeing as how Wazzu won 9 games from 2008-2011 and won 6 games this season.. No he shouldn't

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This just shows you guys how little you really know about football. The PLAYERS are the ones that fumbled the ball, NOT Leach. You lost. Stop looking for excuses.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

that was horrible.....why you're hurrying up and snapping the ball with all of that time is crazy.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Beat me to it. Stupidity and arrogance are a dangerous combo. The quarterback (Halliday) is 1a on that list, talking sh*t 5 minutes into the game. Tried to be the hero instead of handing to his rb. Announcers stated he has the freedom to make that call, but it should have been out of his hands. How about just taking a knee? Leach is the f*king head coach so ultimately it's on him. A perfect example of the kind of sh*t that got him fired at Texas Tech; the Craig James incident just lit the match. It's mind-numbing.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This just shows you guys how little you really know about football. The PLAYERS are the ones that fumbled the ball, NOT Leach. You lost. Stop looking for excuses.
    I know plenty about football, and you don't know if I won or lost, or even bet it. OP nailed it, piss poor coaching decisions at critical times.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PromiseLand

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Beat me to it. Stupidity and arrogance are a dangerous combo. The quarterback (Halliday) is 1a on that list, talking sh*t 5 minutes into the game. Tried to be the hero instead of handing to his rb. Announcers stated he has the freedom to make that call, but it should have been out of his hands. How about just taking a knee? Leach is the f*king head coach so ultimately it's on him. A perfect example of the kind of sh*t that got him fired at Texas Tech; the Craig James incident just lit the match. It's mind-numbing.
    Same thing w/Jason Garrett earlier this year vs Detroit. If they take knee's game over but they run the ball...holding call stops the clock and Detroit steals it.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    forgot about what that punk qb was doing in the 1st qtr.....good for him

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the voice of reason.

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Wait, so are you suggesting that Leach did a good job, and only the players are only to blame? If that's the case, then you must think that it was a brilliant move on Leach's part, at the end of the game, when he decided to give the ball to a player who hadn't touched the ball the entire game only to have him fumble it away.

I mean cause that's what smart coaches do...get their starting tailbacks out of the game with 2 min left in the 4th quarter, and let the backup RB and their QB who has -140 yards rushing on the season be the ones to carry the ball. Also, we all know that real coaches don't want to use too much time off the clock at the end of games because you want to make sure the other team has a chance to score still.

Wow, you've really opened up my eyes to how little I know about the game. What other wise insights can you share with us inferior ones almighty football master?

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah that was a horrible job at the end by him. Pathetic