ConferenceChalk
    2013 YTD: 42-35-1
    ConferenceChalk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Picks and Analysis for every Bowl Game

I am doing a breakdown and pick for each bowl game. The # of units I'm playing is displayed and though I analyze each one I'm not in the money in them all. 42-35-1 on the season, here's my Day One picks:

Washington State (-4) - .5 Units
    The way you beat WSU is you push them around. Colorado State won't be able to do that.

USC (-6) - 1 Unit
    Fresno is very soft at the lines and USC is built to take care of teams like this. Derek Carr will have to do it all on this own, I don't see that happening

Buffalo (+1) - No Unit
    Admittedly not taking this one, but overall I see more to like for the Bulls here (cold weather not insignificant)

Picks and Analysis for 15 games are up, more to come on a daily basis

http://conferencechalk.com/

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I would pass on Washington State-Colorado State. Wazzu is just too flakey. They beat USC on the road but lost to Oregon State at home. I can understand why you would take USC -6. If USC comes to play, Fresno State will get run over by the big USC Offensive and Defensive Lines. I also like Buffalo. Some think that San Diego State has a small advantage because they have played on the blue turf, but Buffalo is used to playing in cold weather, so that is a push. I just do not think that San Diego State wants this game as much as Buffalo does.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I would pass on Washington State-Colorado State. Wazzu is just too flakey. They beat USC on the road but lost to Oregon State at home. I can understand why you would take USC -6. If USC comes to play, Fresno State will get run over by the big USC Offensive and Defensive Lines. I also like Buffalo. Some think that San Diego State has a small advantage because they have played on the blue turf, but Buffalo is used to playing in cold weather, so that is a push. I just do not think that San Diego State wants this game as much as Buffalo does.
    Dont listen to this old fukk. He didnt take his heart meds today. He's mad someone is boning his daughter anal up the butt

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Bowl games are tough. Motivation is always a big factor. Colorado State and Wazzu should both be fired up for tomorrow, but weather is supposed to wreak havoc. How will USC play in between new coaches? Traditionally, teams that turn over coaches don't do well in bowl games.

The one angle I'm going to try early in the bowl games and see where it takes me is the first half-unders in the games. I did this last year and covered 65% of the games. Offenses are traditionally flat coming out because they haven't played in a few wees. Of course, every year is different, so who knows. But it paid dividends for me last year so I'm going to try it again.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 12-20-13 at 12:27 PM.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL to you this bowl season