Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Nebraska vs Georgia

I'm really liking Nebraska +9 in this game. +7 or better is great value in this game.

This game reminds me of Nebraska's 2010 bowl game vs Washington.
    Nebraska went to Washington and beat them in 2010 56-21. Nebraska then got screwed in their bowl pick and had to play Washington AGAIN. Nebraska was upset that they had to go to the Holiday bowl 2 years in a row and had to play a team they destroyed. Nebraska lost 7-16.

Georgia doesn't want to play Nebraska for the second straight season. Georgia will be without their starting QB.

The Bulldogs beat the Cornhuskers 45-31 in the Capital One Bowl to end last season, and this year’s matchup between the two teams figures to be a particular challenge in moving tickets. Reaction on Twitter was heavily negative. And not just with the fans.
    “Nebraska again? You kidding me?” Georgia junior wide receiver Michael Bennett tweeted.
    “Didn’t we see this in Orlando already?” tweeted former Georgia quarterback Buck Belue.
    Georgia is heading to its 49th bowl game, but it’s never had the same opponent in back-to-back bowls.

I think Nebraska (like Washingon in 2010) has so much more to play for and will be more motivated. I also like Nebraska ML +275 to +300 really has great value here!

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Big Question is, who's at qb for Nebraska?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Remember, while Nebraska may have some motivation, the also have Pelini as their HC and he is just flat terrible. Now if you want to play a hunch here, take Nebraska and the points and the ML because in Pelini's 6 years at Nebraska, he has ALWAYS lost 4 games per season. Never more. Never less. He has lost his 4 games for this season. That makes about as much sense as any other reason to take either one of these two teams in this game.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Remember, while Nebraska may have some motivation, the also have Pelini as their HC and he is just flat terrible. Now if you want to play a hunch here, take Nebraska and the points and the ML because in Pelini's 6 years at Nebraska, he has ALWAYS lost 4 games per season. Never more. Never less. He has lost his 4 games for this season. That makes about as much sense as any other reason to take either one of these two teams in this game.
    Now that is what I am talking about! Getting your point across with a quality posting, without having to insult or demean the poster you are responding to! Big Cheers!

Now the continue with this attitude and make it your habit, instead of having the habit of throwing insults. You will find the posters will be much more appreciative of your postings and the knowledge you share.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 12-19-13 at 07:07 PM.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    Big Question is, who's at qb for Nebraska?
    Tommy Armstrong will start with Kellogg available.

Husker36

Like or hate Pelini..... Nebraska fans are pretty split. The last 4 weeks of the season the players and coaches heard over and over again that Pelini would be fired if they didn't win out. The players played very tight and from talking to a few players.... they were not having FUN. The players all love their coach and they had a lot of pressure on them to win. In the Iowa game it was obvious that Pelini felt the pressure. Down 7 he did unsuccessful fake punt from their own 20! After the game he had his blowout and said FIRE ME IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH ME..... I DONT CARE. But now..... the pressure is off. Pelini is coming back next year. The players no longer have that burden on their shoulders to "save the coach". They are having fun and GETTING HEALTHY AGAIN. Georgia has come out and said they do not want to play in this game.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Like or hate Pelini..... Nebraska fans are pretty split. The last 4 weeks of the season the players and coaches heard over and over again that Pelini would be fired if they didn't win out. The players played very tight and from talking to a few players.... they were not having FUN. The players all love their coach and they had a lot of pressure on them to win. In the Iowa game it was obvious that Pelini felt the pressure. Down 7 he did unsuccessful fake punt from their own 20! After the game he had his blowout and said FIRE ME IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH ME..... I DONT CARE. But now..... the pressure is off. Pelini is coming back next year. The players no longer have that burden on their shoulders to "save the coach". They are having fun and GETTING HEALTHY AGAIN. Georgia has come out and said they do not want to play in this game.
    ^^^bold^^^
    Just curious where you saw or read this statement. And who said it?

I think 8.5/9pts is a lot to lay when you consider how bad Georgia's defense has played all year. It's a young defense and they played hard but for whatever reason they didn't improve much if any from start to finish. I think Georgia gives up some pts in this game. That being said, don't forget about Georgia on the other side of the ball, the offense. The Aaron Murray era is over. Hutson Mason took over in the Kentucky game and then started vs Ga Tech. The bowl will be only his 2nd start. He played well the last 2 games and he's been in the system 4 yrs backing up Murray. This extra month of bowl practice will be taken very serious. Mason will be getting every snap with first team. Georgia wants to practice well and play well in the bowl bc it will be important to get Mason ready for not only the bowl but next year. This is huge for his confidence. Mason played in a spread up tempo offense in high school. He's comfortable from the gun and playing fast. I expect Georgia to go at a much faster pace with Mason at qb.

If you play a side Nebraska plus the pts is probably the play bc I can't trust Georgia's defense. And for that reason the better play might be the over. I'm going to say 38-28 Georgia.

BOL

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is what I do not understand about Nebraska. This team had a history of being a NC contender year after year. Obviously they have not been NC contenders under Pelini. They cannot even win Conference Crowns. Have Nebraska fans just decided to accept this? Have they given up on ever becoming a NC contener again? Next season Nebraska finds itself in the new Big 10+4 West Division which means it will be playing Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern every season. They also get Minny, Illinois and Purdue. Next season they go to Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Iowa. They also go to Fresno State and host Miami. I can already see another 4 loss season.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

This is what I do not understand about Nebraska. This team had a history of being a NC contender year after year. Obviously they have not been NC contenders under Pelini. They cannot even win Conference Crowns. Have Nebraska fans just decided to accept this? Have they given up on ever becoming a NC contener again? Next season Nebraska finds itself in the new Big 10+4 West Division which means it will be playing Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern every season. They also get Minny, Illinois and Purdue. Next season they go to Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Iowa. They also go to Fresno State and host Miami. I can already see another 4 loss season.
    Fade this loser. He doesnt have a season thread so you know he's a mush

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

GOL and nice info