donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

cougars will cream the rams

wa st is a for sure cover on this. first bowl in 10 yrs they want to finish with a winning record and colo st just doesent match up what could go wrong?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

For one thing, Washington Stattes rather dismal defense, which gave up 30 or more points in 6 out of the 12 games they played. For another thing, the fact that Colorado State has played a game in that stadium this season and Wazzzu has not. Colorado State knows what to epect from the wind, and other weather related conditions. Finally, Wazzu is a 4 point favorite and favorites do not do real well in Bowl games before New Years Day, covering only 44% of the time.

donkbetter

I looked at a picture of that stadium so have the cougars one just like it ... when they were high school. the stands will be red and hardly any green there is no support for the rams football program.
    I would really like to get some opinions on this game it looks like the best betting opportunity of all the bowl games - the line moved again to 4 1/2 the rams passing defense is about dead last in the ratings.
    Like I asked before WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If you think that there will be more Wazzu fans there than Colorado State fans, think again. Playing in a Bowl against a team in a stadium from the same conference as your opponent is always a disadvantage. Colorado State finished the season at 5-2. Wazzu finished at 2-4. There is absolutely nothing to like in this game for either team. Only the desperate will wager on this game.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that the Cougars will cover vs the Rams, but I feel the better play may be the Over

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If you think that there will be more Wazzu fans there than Colorado State fans, think again. Playing in a Bowl against a team in a stadium from the same conference as your opponent is always a disadvantage. Colorado State finished the season at 5-2. Wazzu finished at 2-4. There is absolutely nothing to like in this game for either team. Only the desperate will wager on this game.
    That is utterly ridiculous. There is a ton of value on Washington State in this game.

donkbetter

Back again Ive been trying to find some kind of comparison to these two teams lets see Kentrucky (csu) playing against texas a%m (wsu) or Iowa (wsu) against kansas (csu) who would you take if it were arizona against csu I havent matched up the size of the players wsu gave the huskies a damn good game and if washington is a "real" pac 12 team and they beat the snot out of boise state who would beat the crap out of csu

donkbetter

no i havent been drinking

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by donkbetter View Post
    wa st is a for sure cover on this. first bowl in 10 yrs they want to finish with a winning record and colo st just doesent match up what could go wrong?
    What could go wrong? How about Kapri Bibbs, who just so happens to be one of the best tailbacks in the country (1572 yrds. 28 TD) behind a very good and experienced O-line running all over a weak defense who is vulnerable against the run. I've watched a lot of Colorado State games this year, as they made me some good money when they played New Mexico and Air Force. Now granted, Wash St. defense isn't as bad as New Mexico and Air Force, but they're nothing special either.

The good news for Wash. St. is that they should have plenty of success passing against a Colo. St secondary which is sub par. So I'm not saying you're going to win or lose, just don't underestimate the Rams, as they have a very balanced attack with a good QB who can throw well, and a dynamite running back and a very good O- Line. In fact, their center is probably a 2cnd or 3rd round NFL draft pick, and they have an OT that might make the NFL too.

I thought this line should be Wash St. around 5 so I think the line is about right. Personally, I'm betting the over. Even though 65 is a big number, I don't see either team being stopped very often, and I fully expect both teams to easily score more than 30 a piece.

Kapri Bibbs is a miniature tank who's one of the better running backs that no one knows about. I think this will be a very fun game to watch.
    Last edited by indio; 12-18-13 at 04:12 PM.

donkbetter

any idea about the game ... csu vs. utah state? how did bibbs do there? wonder how good that utah state defense is they shut out two at the end.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Washington State and Leach throw the ball possibly more than anyone else.

If the Rams had a shut down pass D , well, Cougars would be in big trouble.

Rams next to last in pass D in Mountain West and they didn't even play Fresno this year.

Rams got by late in season to qualify for bowl, beating Flyboys and New Mexico and then Utah St starting a freshman QB.

WSU is ranked #4 passing team in nation.

Colo St has one of the worst secondaries in the country.

Coach Leach always seems to have his team ready for bowls.

Before you bet the Rams, name one team they beat with a winning record?

WSU not much better, but give them 2 wins vs teams with winning records.

I have the Cougars -4, I have them on some ML parlays and I also like the over in this game + 65

gl with your choice.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    What could go wrong? How about Kapri Bibbs, who just so happens to be one of the best tailbacks in the country (1572 yrds. 28 TD) behind a very good and experienced O-line running all over a weak defense who is vulnerable against the run. I've watched a lot of Colorado State games this year, as they made me some good money when they played New Mexico and Air Force. Now granted, Wash St. defense isn't as bad as New Mexico and Air Force, but they're nothing special either.
    But the WSU defense is better than 10 of the 13 defenses CSU faced this year, and WSU's run defense is actually pretty good, allowing 4.4 yards per carry against the nation's toughest schedule. They're vulnerable against the run when they play teams like Auburn and Stanford and Oregon and Arizona State, which are all at least three TD's better than CSU. They have a much better run defense than Colorado, which managed to shut down the CSU running game (28 rushes for 94 yards).

indio

Quote Originally Posted by donkbetter View Post
    any idea about the game ... csu vs. utah state? how did bibbs do there? wonder how good that utah state defense is they shut out two at the end.
    There was a 40 MPH wind in that game. Utah State was able to have 8 in the box and key the run since deep balls were impossible. And Utah State actually has talent on the defensive side of the ball. A lot more than Wash. St. Utah State had 43 yards passing in that game and 11 total first downs. FORTY THREE yards passing against a pretty terrible Colo St. secondary. You think it was hard to throw that game?

M.W.

That's certainly some useful information. It would have been more useful before kickoff. Did you get down in the under in that one?

indio

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    But the WSU defense is better than 10 of the 13 defenses CSU faced this year, and WSU's run defense is actually pretty good, allowing 4.4 yards per carry against the nation's toughest schedule. They're vulnerable against the run when they play teams like Auburn and Stanford and Oregon and Arizona State, which are all at least three TD's better than CSU. They have a much better run defense than Colorado, which managed to shut down the CSU running game (28 rushes for 94 yards).
    Colorado? That was on Sept. 1rst and has no relevance. Not to mention that 5 of those attempts were by a non running QB which netted nothing. Bibbs still managed 70 yrds and 2 TD in that game with only 15 carries. He'll get twice that against the Cougars. Colorado St. has a future NFL center and a tackle that's 6'7" 315 that might make the NFL. A QB that can throw to keep them honest, and capable receivers. Washington State defense is terrible. Their 1rst half against Arizona St in front of their home crowd where they couldn't tackle anybody was embarrassing. They quit. They gave up over 50 points 4 out of 5 weeks with over 2400 yrds allowed in those games and you think they're pretty good?

Hey, Wash st. could very easily cover this game, but they're going to give up at least 150 rushing yards, 350 total yards, and at least 28 points. That's my prediction anyway. Don't know how windy it will be, as Albuquerque can get breezy sometimes, but if it's not too bad, the Rams will score a lot, and give up a lot.

donkbetter

weather looks like 6-10 mph cloudy this still looks like the best betting (ws) side I've seen the only other one- arizona - but is in shreveport I just dont see arizona being pumped up for that.
    wouldnt csu need to run the clock to keep up with those passing muthas?

M.W.

Colorado? That was on Sept. 1rst and has no relevance. Not to mention that 5 of those attempts were by a non running QB which netted nothing. Bibbs still managed 70 yrds and 2 TD in that game with only 15 carries. He'll get twice that against the Cougars. Colorado St. has a future NFL center and a tackle that's 6'7" 315 that might make the NFL. A QB that can throw to keep them honest, and capable receivers. Washington State defense is terrible.
    Washington State's defense is not terrible. It is above average and is better than almost all the defenses CSU faced this year. As for the Colorado game, because CU and WSU had eight common opponents this year we can compare their rush defenses, and Washington State's is much better. Colorado held Bibbs to 4.7 yards per carry, which is way below the 6.3 yards per carry he gained against the rest of the schedule, and WSU's run D is much better than Colorado's. Against the three defenses that CSU faced that are better than WSU's, Bibbs carried 48 times for 135 yards and just 2.6 yards per carry.

WSU is 4-0 ATS as a favorite this year, covering each game by 10+ points. As a favorite WSU has allowed half a sack per game; as a dog they've allowed more than 3 per game. Halliday has thrown 16 TDs and just 4 picks as a favorite, while he's thrown 11 TDs against 17 picks as a dog. Meanwhile, against CSU's six best opponents, whose average power rating is four points worse than WSU's, Grayson threw for 4 TDs and 6 picks; against the rest of the schedule he threw for 17 TDs and just 4 picks. CSU has put up some good numbers against bad teams and a bunch of outstanding offenses teams have put up big numbers against WSU. But when WSU has stepped down in class and when CSU has stepped up in class, every game has been a double-digit win for WSU or double-digit loss for CSU.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Haven't heard much about conferences…think the PAC 12 was a fine and deep conference…not many weak spots at all.

Damn…ORE, STAN, USC, ASU, WASH…it keeps going. No need to get into COL ST conference. Playing AF, NEV and NMSt..

I think this game is going to be a drop in class for Wazzo. But when I found a line of -3.5…that sealed the play for me.

gl all

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Only bad thing about Wazzou is their QB is so turnover prone. You can't possibly wager much on this game. Lean Wazzou. CSU poor pass D. But balanced offense. Over is best play.

NeilV
    NeilV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post

The good news for Wash. St. is that they should have plenty of success passing against a Colo. St secondary which is sub par. So I'm not saying you're going to win or lose, just don't underestimate the Rams, as they have a very balanced attack with a good QB who can throw well, and a dynamite running back and a very good O- Line. In fact, their center is probably a 2cnd or 3rd round NFL draft pick, and they have an OT that might make the NFL too.

I thought this line should be Wash St. around 5 so I think the line is about right. Personally, I'm betting the over. Even though 65 is a big number, I don't see either team being stopped very often, and I fully expect both teams to easily score more than 30 a piece.

Kapri Bibbs is a miniature tank who's one of the better running backs that no one knows about. I think this will be a very fun game to watch.
    "How about Kapri Bibbs, who just so happens to be one of the best tailbacks in the country (1572 yrds. 28 TD)" if you look closer more than half of his yardage (800+ yards) came vs the 3 worst defensive teams in the nation (NM, Wyo, Nevada I believe) the other 700+ yards were gained in 10 games vs bad to mediocre rush defenses... Wazzu rush defense is 10x better than these teams.

donkbetter

looks like the wind is more like 14 mph on saturday- CS may have to pass too if the line cant make the holes for Bibbs.

indio

Washington State's defense is not terrible. It is above average and is better than almost all the defenses CSU faced this year.
    That's hilarious. Washington State's defense is worse than terrible, it's abysmal. Calling them above average might be the funniest thing I've read in a while. I'm pretty confident in saying Colorado St will have over 350 yards of offense, and 28+ points. Washington St. could easily score 50 (and I hope they do, since I'll be on the over), but that's irrelevant to this discussion. Since the Idaho game in late September, every team they played went up and down the field on them, and that includes the Cal and Arizona games. I'm not silly enough to equate the Rams O with Stanford, Oregon, Oregon St. and Arizona St., but they will still have some success.

Really nothing left to say, let's see how it plays out on Saturday. And if Washington St wins 59-31, everyone will be happy including me.

M.W.

CSU will get 75+ plays, so 350 yards would be under 5 yards per play, which is well below average. So your own projection shows that you don't believe what you're saying about WSU's defense or CSU's offense or both. A good offense against an "abysmal" WSU defense would have 525+ yards given the pace at which WSU plays.

If you take the quality of the offenses WSU has faced into account, the WSU defense is above average. That's not ridiculous; it should be obvious.

indio

If you take the quality of the offenses WSU has faced into account, the WSU defense is above average. That's not ridiculous; it should be obvious.
    So because they gave up 50+ pts and 500+ yrds to quality offenses they are above average? What would a bad defense have given up? 90?

The obvious thing is you don't know much about football, and you're definitely a losing gambler. Do you actually watch any of these games, or do you just read the stat sheet for yards per attempt and other overrated "analysis"?

Why would I say something I don't believe? That doesn't make any sense. You want we to say over 450 yards? Would that make you feel better son?

M.W.

Remember, Indio, I'm on your side. I could be wrong, but I'm arguing this point because I don't want to lose money and I don't want you to lose money.

donkbetter

this has been a good- I learned a lot from the discussions - thanks and good luck. Still think I have made a good bet on -3 1/2 and - 4 WSU I went on youtube and found texas tech era vids of crazy coach and there is one of CSU coach he may know his stuff but seems like an SOB

indio

Well, I hope those who tried to convince me that Washington St. had a "decent" defense will finally concede that they are terrible. And that would have been the case even if Wash. St. had covered like they should have.

48 points, 595 yards, 29 first downs, and a hurt Bibbs (obviously not at 100%) rushing for 169 yards.

Hey, I'll admit, they had their moments, made some plays, created some turnovers, made some stops, but after 60 minutes, they still get an F.

Here's a tip for some of you who made the argument that they had played against much better and would be dramatically better against lower class teams. When you miss tackles, and blow coverages against real good teams, there's a good chance you'll miss tackles and blow coverages against mediocre teams too.