LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Texas Tech Quarterback Baker Mayfield Transfers out of School

He is ineligible for bowl game vs. Arizona State.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Tough situation. Was the phenom for the early part, lost his job, then got it back right when TTech started their freefall.

stratospro
    stratospro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Since he was out for a lot of the season, Davis Webb is very in tune with that offense, passing for the same amount of yards as Mayfield, more yards per pass and more tds for a better QB rating, I am not too confident that this will make a huge difference.

The only difference I think it will make is that the team got back on track with Mayfield and it is more of a mental thing for the team now.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Night-Tripper report

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Night-Tripper report
    Ain't no report, Killa... just some of my thoughts/opinions with a few facts tossed in for amusement.

In my opinion, this shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone given the mindset of the majority of today's youth (entitlement/instant gratification)... especially when they come from a wealthy family. Once Mayfield dropped to 3rd on the depth chart, I felt that it was only a matter of time before he opted out from Tech. After all, he had put himself into a *win/win* situation. Since he wasn't on scholarship, he could transfer and be immediately eligible if he wasn't happy with his initial choice. In my opinion, he was perfectly happy until he lost his starting job. His injury wasn't the cause of his demotion... his continued poor decision making was the cause of his demotion.

In the opening game of the season against SMEW, much was made of the fact that Tech's starting QB was not only a true freshman, but a freshman walk-on. The media took the ball and ran with it. However, for the most part, the media failed to mention that he didn't walk-on at Tech due to the lack of offers from FBS schools... he walked on at Tech because he didn't get the offers from schools that he felt were worthy of his talents. Once he was demoted, the clock was ticking on his stay at Tech, because being a back-up was beneath him.

Is Tech going to miss him? I don't think so.

Has this had on the team's morale? Not from what I've been told.

Anyway, you gotta dance with the one you got. I'm not sure why LT made it sound like Mayfield leaving the team was a big deal in his initial post. He wasn't going to see the field if he stayed at Tech (unless Brewer and Davis-Webb were injured), so the fact that he is ineligible because he withdrew from school is going to have nada effect.

Since Mayfield cannot transfer to another school in the Big-XII - II, I'm thinking that two of the schools he has on his Wish List are:

• Washington State
    • Texas A&M

Killa... I was surprised to see that your question hadn't been addressed by BigDaddy, seeing as he is omnipotent when it comes to anything football related.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave Night-Tripper 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TexasJayhawk gave Night-Tripper 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Killer_Demo, and Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am sure the Queen, and resident know it all , who in reality knows nothing, will be here before you know it!

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I am sure the Queen, and resident know it all , who in reality knows nothing, will be here before you know it!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Off course he transferred out of school. Transferring within school is called switching majors.