SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Fading Phil Steele

I have been fading his 3X and 2X plays from his newsletter with success most of the season. Thought I would share it. His 4X plays 63.6% have been solid but his underdog 4X plays have been terrible 18.2%. Here are all the plays this season. See attachment in post #4
    Last edited by SHADYLANKY; 11-17-09 at 06:51 PM. Reason: attachment error

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

huh?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

becareful i said the same thing last season and some people got mad. I think the books cover the cost for his "power sweep" he has a program he uses i think because some of his picks are way off. I love his football mag for past schedules and stats but thats about it.

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Spreadsheet didn't work. Let's try again.
    Attached Files

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ipickwinners View Post
    huh?
    Hes talking about phil steele's "power sweep" weekly newsletter with picks and predictions. hes been fading it... phils been off a bit .

polson22
    polson22's Avatar Become A Pro!

i had phil steele and i "have" goldsheet now, and i get the sense these guys do crazy picks somewhat intentionally. the way they're on tulane or pre-jjones smu is just wierd sp?

love phil steele's magazine, but the whole focus on picking improved/deteriorating teams. i'd just choose worst and best records from last season. it just seems like "sleight of hand". probably all of eastern michigan, western kentucky, new mexico (all winless this year) will have a win next year. now, how hard was that??

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i like his info, he usually is pretty comprehensive. His 4x picks are usually worth taking a look at too