Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

4 Team Playoff , Who Gets Slighted?

BCS Selection coming up. I'll be watching NFL, but was thinking, if this was the year that we have a 4 team playoff, who doesn't make the cut?

Almost the same as BCS Championship, teams, fans, are always going to feel slighted. Is it Sparty? Stanford? Baylor? Do Buckeyes even have a right to complain with 1 loss.

I really want to give Stanford the nod, due to strength of schedule. Slight lean to MSU for knocking off what was thought to be BCS opponent to FSU, Ohio St.

My 4 team Playoff choice

1.FSU
    2.AUB
    3.BAMA
    4.MSU

OUT- Stan,Baylor, Ohio St

Not sure you could ever satisfy every one. Imagine a 8 team playoff. All the sudden, teams that were looking golden before this weekend, might be on the outside looking in.

My 8 team Playoff choice.

1.FSU
    2.AUB
    3.BAMA
    4.MSU
    5.STAN
    6.BAY
    7.OSU
    8.S.CAR

OUT- Mizzu,Oregon, Ok St

Anyone disagree with 4 team and 8 team playoff seeding? How many teams do you need to include in a playoff to be fair, or is it simply not possible?

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Good topic.

My 3 would be Florida State-Auburn-Alabama.

For the 4th spot.

I'd bump Michigan State for Baylor.

Looking at resumes-- Baylor's best wins are Oklahoma and Texas, there bad loss is to a good Oklahoma State team, on the road, while Baylor was banged up.

Michigan State's best win was Ohio State. That's it. The Big 10 is shit. They lost on the road to an average Notre Dame team.

I don't think there is much difference between the two-- but I'd go with Baylor.

You can't give Stanford the spot with 2 bad losses. They lost to Utah and USC. That is not getting it done.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

if they had a 4 team playoff this year, i think it is pretty cut and dry actually. michigan st loses to notre dame in september and baylor gets blown out 2 weeks ago, so it has to be michigan st IMO, sams right about stanford i cant see how they could get in with 2 losses, i wonder if they would try and rig the seeding so bama auburn rematch could be the title game potentially.

if it was 8 team playoff i think you get an argument over the last spot only, could really make a case for south carolina, oregon, oklahoma st in that spot.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Good points Sam and Trinity. I still lean towards MSU, but admit B10 is soft. If Sparty scheduled Wisky and won, I would give them the nod. They had some soft games early and then went to ND and loss. Stanford had a tough schedule, but correct, two loses, they blew it. Some of my thinking relates to games I'd love to see if 8 team playoff.

Florida St vs Auburn- Two best teams now. One undefeated, the other peaking.

Bama vs Stanford - Bama vs Bama of the West

MSU vs Baylor - Would love to see Sparty D match up against Bear O. I think Sparty smashes them.

Cocks vs Buckeyes - The ol ball coach against his buddy Urban. Gator reunion of sorts.

Now that would be some entertainment.

Mizzu,Ok St, Oregon? . Close, but no surprise. If you had 10, I'd have Mizzu play Ok St. Ducks would still get the boot. They played some games where they were manhandled and gave up the fight.