StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

More conspiracy theories debunked, latest Bowling Green vs Northern Illinois

When are people going to get this idiotic stuff out of their minds and actually remember when they are disproved. I saw multiple posters here and multiple callers on talk radio (including "Shea from Irving" telling Dan Patrick) suggest that since the MAC had everything to gain (8 mil) by NIU winning (BG losing), the Huskies were a sure cover.

Until they got crushed.

What bothers me is that no one has any integrity to recognize how crappy their conspiracy theories are.

For the record, I'm not saying that no conspiracy theory is ever true ... I'm saying it's almost never how these people claim it and most are just shooting from the hip ignoring all other evidence or randomness of life and nature.

Do NBA refs have favoritism? I'm sure they have shown it time to time. Does that mean they fix the Finals? NO.

The only thing recently I find super suspicious is the World Cup placement of USA vs. Ghana and Germany, but even they they'll play the games and nothing is fixed, it's just for ratings. Other groups were retarded, not just the USA group/pot

Capiche?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

conspiracy theories, fixes, refs cheating, a coach has $ on the game, ect ect...they are ALL just excuses for SBR posters losing their bets...its very popular around here

somehow it makes them feel better...i just laugh at them

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

1. The average conspiracy theorist will argue with NASA, Nobel-prize winners and every expert in the world despite having fewer qualifications than the average fry cook.
    2. Conspiracy theorists view logical argument as cheating.
    3. Like pissing fetishes and tentacle rape comics, conspiracy theories are a problem made much worse by the Internet.
    4. Never assume malice when incompetence will do.

Conspiracy theorists divide the world into "Everyone even remotely involved/qualified vs. Me," and decide that they'll win single-handedly. They're like Rambo with bullshit instead of bullets. They tend to enjoy the ego-boost that comes with thinking of oneself as the only intelligent objector in a world of sheeple. When the government has to spend billions of dollars shuttling Elvis from Roswell to the Bermuda Triangle and back in black helicopters before you can feel good about yourself, you've got to be pretty tragic.

Conspiracy theorists display incredible attention to detail, an even more incredible ability to ignore details they don't like, obsessive focus and a complete absence of social skills.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: malish

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same guys who post that a line is "screaming at them".

I often wonder if that drowns out the little voices in their head.

Or do they hear both?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Very entertaining replies from etothep and billy. Good stuff boys

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

well now the conspiracy theory is that Vegas doubled the amount the BCS was paying to BG. and NIU gets to rub 2 pennies together.

speaking of which shouldn't UCF have more motivation to win today......another conspiracy in the making.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Did you just quote Shea in Irving?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    well now the conspiracy theory is that Vegas doubled the amount the BCS was paying to BG. and NIU gets to rub 2 pennies together.

speaking of which shouldn't UCF have more motivation to win today......another conspiracy in the making.
    ZERO movitavation, what are u thinking. UCF locked in, nothing to play for

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

NIU got a spot for a BCS game last year. Their biggest fear that they would end up losing money. The MAC stepped in and help subsidized the trip. I think NIU threw they game because they didn't want the financial headache again.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../_/id/8706284/

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Crutch of weak sauce players. Calls seem to even out. Guys got to make plays, but we've all had games where there were bullshit calls. Refs are only human, but at times when we have instant replay, you wonder?

You should read the book- Personal Foul by Tim Donaghy, corrupt NBA ref. I still never look the same at the pos Joey Crawford after reading that. Good book. Donaghy was on full tilt.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Did you just quote Shea in Irving?
    In-deed.