Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Ohio State vs Michigan State (who do you have)

Ohio State -5 vs Michigan State. I'd love to know who everyone has here. I am hearing Michigan State from a lot of people and I just don't understand why. I think Michigan State's defense is extremely overrated. Ohio State has everything on the line here. They went undefeated last year but could not play in the post season. I think that makes this team even more hungry for a championship. Michigan State supposedly has this amazing defense but they let Nebraska rush for 187 yards (5.7 avg). Nebraska had 5 turnovers in that game (3 in the first quarter). Michigan State lost to Notre Dame.... and ND is not very good this year. They only scored 14 pts against Purdue. Last year Ohio State turned the ball over 3 times and still won by 1. Ohio State rushed for 202 yards against MS last year.... and this years MS D looks to be about the same as last year. Anyway.... I need to have a good weekend so I want to hear what you all say. I'm thinking Ohio State 31 Michigan State 21. Thoughts??
    Points Awarded:

Pega gave Husker36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

I have to agree here. The difference is that yes, MSU has stopped the run consistently and has the #1 run Def. but with Hyde and Miller as a dual threat, the size/speed differential has not been seen by MSU. Michigan had the speed and Iowa had the size, but there has been no team that MSU has played that has had both. A lot of offense is here, and what Michigan did to OSU was a lot of misdirection screens. But they had the speed to do it. MSU doesn't. Mainly pocket passing and brutal running. I don't think they can fake out the OSU def. like Michigan did. Very well thought out by Brady Hoke and company.

Husker36

Hello? Anyone out there? I want to hear from you Michigan State backers. How does Michigan State cover here? Convince me.....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i got Ohio State ML .

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ohio State wins it by 13

Poison-Nut
    Poison-Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I never bet on my team, but I have to say I agree with the OP. I also think that MSU is over-rated. If you look at the whole season, they didn't get to play the top 2 teams in the B1G. (Wisky and OSU) The 5 TO's from Braska cost Braska the game, which they should have won. They always talk about the defense on MSU, but their offense is terrible. Scored 14 against Purdue and Minny. I understand that the Buckeyes D is not good, but they will be prepared for this game. I say MSU holds OSU to 31-35 pts, but I believe they only score 14-17 pts.

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Over

Pega
    Pega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Husker is right. The statistics ranking the Spartan's defense at No. 1 in the nation is being taken out of context—they have yet to face an offense ranked in the top-50 in yards. The Buckeye's scoring offense sits at No. 3. Furthermore, OSU have faced two top-10 defenses this season (Whisky & Iowa).

As an Ohio State alum, I usually steer away from taking a side ATS. If anything I'll put a wager on the total. But it would be ignorant to overlook the potential value here.

I'm sure sure Connor Cook had issues holding back a massive erection after watching the film from the OSU/Michigan game last week. Oddly enough, rivalry games on the road (at the Big House on top of that) usually end up shooting down any trends or predictions.

What I've gained watching every Buckeye game this season is that as a unit they seem to turn into a chameleon after the first quarter of play; adjustments are made on both sides of the ball to complement the opponent's play-calling. Hence why Illinois scored 35 points against them (ranked No. 62 in scoring) but Whisky just 24 (ranked No. 27). If MSU wants to play stingy, OSU will attempt to follow suit; the question is will they do so successfully? I'm leaning yes.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

could care less,, not betting it, but i would like to know how msu numbers are fraudulent and they overrated but osu isnt?

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I hope Ohio State kicks them real good. They better after I lost a bundle on them last week .I have Ohio state -5 . WHY? because they are the better team.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

We should be talking about the real fraud here, which is ohio states defense! How much did they give up to Michigan last week, and Illinois. You have to take that into context also.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

For informational purposes. Stats v. common opponents

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  29.0 KB

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    could care less,, not betting it, but i would like to know how msu numbers are fraudulent and they overrated but osu isnt?
    Exactly OSU schedule was even easier. Thats what people forget. BIG 10 is down. MSU could of just scheduled a MAC team instead of Notre Dame and be undefeated too. If one schools #'s are "fraudlent" then sure is hell the other shool in Big10 is just as Fraudlent

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

MSU is so out of sync on offense. Their defense is whats keeping them alive.

HOT WINGS

Other fun stat MSU is first BIG 10 team to go undeafted in conference play and beat ever opponent by double digits since the 60's.

Husker36

I wouldnt say Michigan States RECORD is fraudlent. I think what we are saying is that their status as the #1 defense in the country is. I honestly dont think that Michigan States defense is in the top 10. That have had a great year and they have earned every win that the have. BUT..... If I play Air Force..... and they run for 445 yards..... and throw for 35 yards..... that makes me have the #1 pass defense in the country... which woudnt be a accurate test

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Exactly OSU schedule was even easier. Thats what people forget. BIG 10 is down. MSU could of just scheduled a MAC team instead of Notre Dame and be undefeated too. If one schools #'s are "fraudlent" then sure is hell the other shool in Big10 is just as Fraudlent
    i had this same type argument with someone who was talking up the saints and trying to discredit the panthers, im like you know they play damn near identical schedules right? i mean home away be different teams but they play the same damn teams...im seriously waiting for the answer to this one, i posted that to get a answer not to be a smartass or anything, i think it a fair question if we gonna knock msu for who they played who exactly did osu play that they didnt that makes them any more real? that all i want to know.. even tho i usually take d over offense id prob lean osu just cause i think miller the best offensively player on the field but i wouldnt wanna lay the points.. seems strange to me but a few sharp cats i respect like the over in this gm so i might take a stab at that simply cause i respect their opinions and they were making a pretty strong case..

HOT WINGS

i had this same type argument with someone who was talking up the saints and trying to discredit the panthers, im like you know they play damn near identical schedules right? i mean home away be different teams but they play the same damn teams...im seriously waiting for the answer to this one, i posted that to get a answer not to be a smartass or anything, i think it a fair question if we gonna knock msu for who they played who exactly did osu play that they didnt that makes them any more real? that all i want to know.. even tho i usually take d over offense id prob lean osu just cause i think miller the best offensively player on the field but i wouldnt wanna lay the points.. seems strange to me but a few sharp cats i respect like the over in this gm so i might take a stab at that simply cause i respect their opinions and they were making a pretty strong case..
    Well sounds like people are trying to make a claim for Wisconsin as 2nd best Big10 team, but shit these guys just lost by a TD as a 25 point home fav. I don't think Ohio State beating Wisconsin by 7 at home is some huge victory and that by far is indeed there best victory of the season to this point. These guys mostly riding the benifits of being 12-0 in 2012 and not being able to lose a bowl game so they came into this season rated at the top like usual. MSU was 7-1 before they even cracked the top 25 because Big 10 is down so much lol.

2daBank

Well sounds like people are trying to make a claim for Wisconsin as 2nd best Big10 team, but shit these guys just lost by a TD as a 25 point home fav. I don't think Ohio State beating Wisconsin by 7 at home is some huge victory and that by far is indeed there best victory of the season to this point. These guys mostly riding the benifits of being 12-0 in 2012 and not being able to lose a bowl game so they came into this season rated at the top like usual. MSU was 7-1 before they even cracked the top 25 because Big 10 is down so much lol.
    anyone who gets beat by pen st is not on my list of quality teams and osu barely won that gm. mf'ers cant even pass!

2daBank

HW are you playing sparty?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I honestly don't think either one of these teams would be able to win 10 games in the SEC. They're not top-10 teams. That being said, I like the over in this game a lot. In a dome and I think points will be racked up. OSU's offense will score points on MSU, but I think OSU's defense is so bad that they'll give up a fair share of points themselves. OSU 31, MSU 24

HOT WINGS

HW are you playing sparty?
    Nah man I am way to much of a fan in this game to put any money on it. If anything I would play MSU ML for a small amount but was hoping people would be pounding OSU so I could get +200 or better, but its been steady all week at +180ish

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I honestly don't think either one of these teams would be able to win 10 games in the SEC. They're not top-10 teams. That being said, I like the over in this game a lot. In a dome and I think points will be racked up. OSU's offense will score points on MSU, but I think OSU's defense is so bad that they'll give up a fair share of points themselves. OSU 31, MSU 24
    sec wasnt all that good this year. i mean aub cant even pass and they in the champ gm, if aub screws me and beats miz i certainly think osu would give fsu a better gm than aub, fsu would crush aub by 30.. i think over is where my money gonna be on this one as well..

2daBank

Nah man I am way to much of a fan in this game to put any money on it. If anything I would play MSU ML for a small amount but was hoping people would be pounding OSU so I could get +200 or better, but its been steady all week at +180ish
    how you feel about over?