SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Texas President Bill Powers debunks Saban rumors

Many a retard insisted Saban was off to Texas.

So, Bill Powers' UT President went on record:

"I've never met Nick Saban. I've never talked to Nick Saban. We have not hired Nick Saban," Powers told the American-Statesman on Thursday afternoon. "Mack's our coach, and I can say flatly that the rumors we have hired or come to an agreement with Nick Saban or even talked to him are false."

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/boh...-saban-rumors/

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

So Saban will be announced the coach in the next week then.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    So Saban will be announced the coach in the next week then.
    Hippo, there's a better chance of Fresno State being in the BCS title game.

Or, TittyWarrior being able to look down and find his cawk n' balls.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Mack's our coach

ridik01
    ridik01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sooooo......Mack Brown is getting fired and Saban is getting hired! Thanks for clearing this all up!

Bill Powers is fearing for his job at this point, if he doesn't get Saban he's f'ed.

ridik01

Brown saved Texas football while it was down and isn't producing anymore. Tons of rumors have come out that Saban has agreed to a contract and coming to Texas. Powers is a friend of Brown's and doesn't want to publicly show that he stabbed him in the back. I'm still 90% sure Saban is coming to Texas.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Hippo, there's a better chance of Fresno State being in the BCS title game.

Or, TittyWarrior being able to look down and find his cawk n' balls.
    So below 0.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

So many people in here are so retarded when it comes to football knowledge that it is pathetic. Saban is not going anywheres excpet to a BCS Bowl Game in January with Alabama.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by ridik01 View Post
    Brown saved Texas football while it was down and isn't producing anymore. Tons of rumors have come out that Saban has agreed to a contract and coming to Texas. Powers is a friend of Brown's and doesn't want to publicly show that he stabbed him in the back. I'm still 90% sure Saban is coming to Texas.
    Saban is not going to Texas.

Bill Powers would not have gone on record today.

Powers isn't some lackey AD-- he is the President of the University of Texas. For that reason, he is not about to hold a press conference and set himself up to get caught lying 2 weeks later.

There was no reason for Powers to go public today. None. Unless of course, he wanted to put a bullshit story to bed.

Which is what he did.

ridik01

Saban is not going to Texas.

Bill Powers would not have gone on record today.

Powers isn't some lackey AD-- he is the President of the University of Texas. For that reason, he is not about to hold a press conference and set himself up to get caught lying 2 weeks later.

There was no reason for Powers to go public today. None. Unless of course, he wanted to put a bullshit story to bed.

Which is what he did.
    Only time will tell.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Many a retard insisted Saban was off to Texas.

So, Bill Powers' UT President went on record:

"I've never met Nick Saban. I've never talked to Nick Saban. We have not hired Nick Saban," Powers told the American-Statesman on Thursday afternoon. "Mack's our coach, and I can say flatly that the rumors we have hired or come to an agreement with Nick Saban or even talked to him are false."

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/boh...-saban-rumors/
    Sam and LKid firing on the same day!

ridik01

"I've never met Nick Saban. I've never talked to Nick Saban. - Why would the president have to meet Nick Saban? Others have met and talked to him.

We have not hired Nick Saban, - Yup, they haven't, he's still gainfully employed at the University of Alabama.

M
    ack's our coach - Can't argue there

I can say flatly that the rumors we have hired or come to an agreement with Nick Saban or even talked to him are false
    - They haven't hired him and they might not have even come to an agreement on pay and coach staff.

Technically this can diagnosed in any way, this is a business....and it's treated just like that!
    If Saban comes to Texas, no one is going to say "oh man, don't you remember Texas' president saying he wasn't going to go?". People are going to forget about this press conference and Powers is going to act stupid and say he has no control over the actions of my Athletic Department!

The fact of the matter is that Powers is on thin Ice in Texas, they're doing a major overhaul in all athletics and A&M is kicking Texas' ass right now...something that can never happen in the great state of Texas.

ridik01

To set this in stone, he would say Mack Brown is the designated coach in the 2014 season....he never mentioned this.